Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:49:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 [173] 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 ... 309 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [VIA] ★ Viacoin ★ ~ the future of digital currency ~ ★  (Read 825828 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
luckyboho

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 08:02:44 AM

It is cool

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 08:12:39 AM

When will the block 451000 be mined?

in ~7 days.
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 08:15:29 AM

in ~7 days.

What happens then? Did I missed something?

fox19891989

Activity: 840

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 08:20:14 AM

in ~7 days.

What happens then? Did I missed something?

New things implemented?
cryptographix

Activity: 16

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 08:28:00 AM

New things implemented?

github says it is update to difficulty targeter and fix a bug that yields 5% less blocks found daily than intended
helloge
Legendary

Activity: 1057

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 10:07:35 AM

I really would like to avoid bter for XCH trading. How about tweeting @Bittrex to add XCH? We could trade our via and xch on the same plattform which sees the highest via volume.

btw: our hash rate is steadily increasing http://www.coinwarz.com/network-hashrate-charts/viacoin-network-hashrate-chart
hash rate  is the key for the price base.
bter is good for us.

▄▄███▄▄             
            ███████████           
     ▄▄███▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄███▄▄   
   ████████████▄▄    ███████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀   
         ▀▀████████████           
     ▄▄███▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄███▄▄   
   ███████████▄▄     ███████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀   
         ▀▀█████████████▄▄       
     ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀█████████████▄▄   
   ████████████▄▄ ▀▀████████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄ ▀▀█████▀▀   
         ▀▀████████████           
             ▀▀█████▀▀           

.CARDSTACK..............
...The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet.....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..Bringing scalability and usability to....
..dApps for mass market adoption......
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..TOKEN EVENT      .GET ON WHITELIST.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---Twitter   ⦁   Telegram   ⦁   Blog   ⦁   Bitcointalk----
chompyZ

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 11:48:00 AM

imho, Viacoin/XCH value proposition is especially beneficial for games.

I cam across this - a minecraft game with bitcoins -
http://bitquest.co

these are the admins- http://bitquest.co/whoweare

I would be happy if someone from the community that understands games and via/XCH API integration approach them and start a discussion.
You never know...
erikoehler

Activity: 24

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 05:09:43 AM

Pleased to announce the winner of "The future of ____" contest: KARMALA

The future of scientific contribution

Problem: Scientific research is becoming increasingly competitive. Research constitutes a major economic sector in terms of employment with millions of jobs at Universities and research institutes worldwide. The value in terms of future prospects of any researcher is measured in the amount and quality of peer-reviewed publications in scientific journals. It is the outmost important determinant of any careers in the sector. As it is said: “publish or vanish”. However, the peer-review process is slow and can take up to 2-3 years for a single publication (depending on the discipline). Moreover, high quality journals have a rejection rate of above 90%. Thus, a potential paper might go through several lengthy processes until publication. The final publication is then the proof that some concepts and results originated from a specific researcher. There are roughly 50 million published articles out there and the rat race for new ideas has intensified. A central building blog in the scientific discourse is the presentation of non-peer reviewed working papers on conferences and seminars prior to publication. Many scientific conferences only require handing in an extended abstract. Unfortunately, concepts and innovations presented in those forums are increasingly copied and pushed forward for peer-review by third parties. The scientific community has not introduced any useful methods to prevent this.

An attempt to prove that the initial scientific contribution belongs to a certain researcher is to upload a working paper in special online directories (e.g. http://ageconsearch.umn.edu/ for agricultural economics). However, this service is (1) centralized and (2) does allow setting the time of publication to a point in the past! Thus, there is a total lack of “proof-of-scientific contribution” before the final publication in a peer-reviewed article. Any other sector knows copy-right protection mechanisms but they are absent in science. Eroded trust in the scientific network must find new trustless solutions.
Solution: The notary service on the clearinghouse protocol is able to solve this problem. The “proof-of-scientific contribution” can be realized by the immutability of the block chain. A document containing a scientific contribution can be associated with the public address of the individual researcher. A history of immutable contributions can solve any dispute during a later peer-review process and discourages the theft of ideas in the first place. Hashes of the contribution papers can be published on the websites of institutes proving that a certain contribution has existed at a certain time. Transfer of ownership is not applicable to this problem as the originator of a scientific contribution is immutable. However, searchable content might be an advantage. That is, additional meta-data about the discipline, methodology and focus should be stored on the block chain and be searchable by a specific block explorer. Any individual or institution could thus browse in real time through the advancement of global scientific contributions. No economic or political interests can latter change or circumvent a scientific contribution. Thus, I propose a sub-section of the notary in the clearwallet with is designated for non-published contributions and a function to store additional meta-information together with the hash. Transfer of ownership should be disabled for this application.

Thanks to all those who participated! Karmala, you'll be receiving 1000 VIA and 10,000 XCH shortly! (500 from me, 500 + the 10,000 XCH from drak)

All of the submissions were excellent, and I'd love to see them pursued. If you'd like any help with working to bring them to life, reach out!
karmala

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 11:29:42 AM

wow, did not expect this.... My favorite was the game token.

However, thank you very much erik and btcdrak for your via and xch. Yingsena and me are currently working on a plan to have some kind of community budget for future events like this.

GO VIA!

Telgram messenger with attention economy http://r.getgems.org/m/TuJXXBal9o
luckyboho

Activity: 21

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 11:30:31 AM

who have it?
karmala

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 12:54:00 PM

wow, did not expect this.... My favorite was the game token.

However, thank you very much erik and btcdrak for your via and xch. Yingsena and me are currently working on a plan to have some kind of community budget for future events like this.

GO VIA!

Well done, it's a really good idea you put forward, the only part I don't understand is this

" I propose a sub-section of the notary in the clearwallet with is designated for non-published contributions and a function to store additional meta-information together with the hash. Transfer of ownership should be disabled for this application."

Are those features not currently present ?

well, I thought of somehow tagged categories which can be searched like author, dicipline, scientific codes. You might also think of selling your scientific contribution but this would be against the ethics in the field I guess (for now at least). The designated area would be a special category of the notary.

esotericizm

Activity: 750
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 01:33:14 PM

Hey guys I need testers for the Viacoin Android wallet which is based on the latest version of the bitcoin wallet and bitcoinj 0.12. From my own testing everything looks good to go but I'd like to get some feedback from other users before I go ahead and release it on the play store.

If you're interested in giving me some feedback send me a PM and I'll get back to you with the APK.

I intend to release the source code over the next few days once I'm positive everythings looking good.

Cheers.
karmala

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 01:51:04 PM

Hey guys I need testers for the Viacoin Android wallet which is based on the latest version of the bitcoin wallet and bitcoinj 0.12. From my own testing everything looks good to go but I'd like to get some feedback from other users before I go ahead and release it on the play store.

If you're interested in giving me some feedback send me a PM and I'll get back to you with the APK.

I intend to release the source code over the next few days once I'm positive everythings looking good.

Cheers.

I would love to test it! I will be available tonight.

karmala

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 04:37:43 PM

VIA MINING

Things have been moving a bit slow in the Viacoin community, so I'm looking to start the ball rolling on a mining incentive, see what you think, I've another token idea for anyone looking to donate to a community token fund but this one might work as a Mining incentive token.

How to earn Via Mining Viacoin

Via Mining is a Viacoin community incentive that's looking to reward members of the Viacoin community who mine Viacoin, although there are lots of options available, initially I'm looking to pilot the program with members who cloud mine Viacoin with Genesis Mining and receive their payouts into Clearwallet.

Via Mining Rewards can be distributed on a proof of mining basis anyone who wishes to participate, submits the Clearwallet address that is used to receive the Genesis Mining Viacoin payouts. Each week total payouts would be calculated and Via Mining token rewards will be distributed accordingly.

Building a Viable community that rewards members, Via Mining is one of the first building blocks in the community incentive program. As the community grows there will be more incentives, bounties and other fun activities.

To address the community token funding needs I've been looking into opening a community Genesis Mining account, it's expected that the Viacoins generated would be used to fund community projects and or pay distribution to holders of the Via Mining coin. Details will become available soon, it really depends on whether the community would like to develop on this path.

In the mean time to help this project succeed please get involved in this incentive program. The Viacoins generated will be used to fund community projects and or pay distribution to holders of the Via Mining coin.

Ying

============

Please note this is a Viacoin community incentive, it aims to build a fun and vibrant Viacoin community for the future. please do not treat this as anything other than it aims to be. It is not a financial investment.

=============

It is really important that the community expresses their thoughts about this. Here is somebody who is working for all of us with no personal benefit. Dont be free riders on our common good. Express yourself and get involved in the discussion.

My opinion on this is that the token is a substitute for a community donation drive. So, buying those tokens is exactly that: donating for a community fund. Owning tokes does not constitute a stake in a project or endevour. If dividents are payed out, they have to be seen as another type of community building effort. Ying is not in any way offering an investment token but a donation token. The revenue is then used to support the network by mining. INAL

Btw: I think this should be posted on reddit which is underutilized by the community.

Thank you Ying for your effort!

esotericizm

Activity: 750
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 06:21:33 PM

Cheers.

I would love to test it! I will be available tonight.

Cheers, I've PM'd you a link to the APK.

It should be noted that this is based on the latest revision of both bitcoinj and bitcoin-wallet which means that users on android 4.0.3 or below will not be able to install the wallet. Most devices should be compatible but some users may have to upgrade in order to use this wallet (or the new bitcoin wallet for that matter).

Stealing a quote from Andreas Schildbach on the benefits of the new wallet and bitcoinj 0.12.

• All Bitcoin addresses are now deterministically derived from one single secret, which was created when you installed the app for the first time. So from now on, only one backup is needed to recover all your future funds in that wallet.
  • The app does its best to not reuse addresses any more. "Request coins" will use a fresh address on each invocation. The current address in the QR code on the main page changes as soon as coins are received on it.
  • When sending coins, the fee is shown while you type and before you press "Send". After sending, you'll see the paid fee in the transaction list.
  • When sending coins, most errors are now shown already before you press Send.
  • The app now requires Android 4.0.3 or higher. This makes UI development much easier in future.
  • The app has a fresher, sharper looking app icon. The icon for the testnet version is now entirely grey.
  • On Android 4.1 or higher, the app-widget is now horizontally resizable.
  • Based on bitcoinj 0.12.

As far as I'm aware this should be one of the first altcoin wallets to make use of 0.12.

Cheers.
erikoehler

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 07:33:11 PM

VIA MINING

Things have been moving a bit slow in the Viacoin community, so I'm looking to start the ball rolling on a mining incentive, see what you think, I've another token idea for anyone looking to donate to a community token fund but this one might work as a Mining incentive token.

Via Mining is a Viacoin community incentive that's looking to reward members of the Viacoin community who mine Viacoin, although there are lots of options available, initially I'm looking to pilot the program with members who cloud mine Viacoin with Genesis Mining and receive their payouts into Clearwallet.

Via Mining Rewards can be distributed on a proof of mining basis anyone who wishes to participate, submits the Clearwallet address that is used to receive the Genesis Mining Viacoin payouts. Each week total payouts would be calculated and Via Mining token rewards will be distributed accordingly.

Building a Viable community that rewards members, Via Mining is one of the first building blocks in the community incentive program. As the community grows there will be more incentives, bounties and other fun activities.

To address the community token funding needs I've been looking into opening a community Genesis Mining account, it's expected that the Viacoins generated would be used to fund community projects and or pay distribution to holders of the Via Mining coin. Details will become available soon, it really depends on whether the community would like to develop on this path.

In the mean time to help this project succeed please get involved in this incentive program. The Viacoins generated will be used to fund community projects and or pay distribution to holders of the Via Mining coin.

Ying

============

Please note this is a Viacoin community incentive, it aims to build a fun and vibrant Viacoin community for the future. please do not treat this as anything other than it aims to be. It is not a financial investment.

=============

Great idea! here's what 5 days of 25 mh/s at Genesis has done for me so far:
http://puu.sh/d1enM/7085875c23.png
erwin45

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 08:13:41 PM

VIA MINING

Ying

============

=============

Great idea! here's what 5 days of 25 mh/s at Genesis has done for me so far:

wow quite good, im thinking of having 100 mhs perhaps Cheesy

erikoehler

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 08:26:04 PM

wow quite good, im thinking of having 100 mhs perhaps Cheesy

If you do, use code JX0YpI

will save you 2.5%, and will add 2.5 mh/s (2.5% of 100) to my hashpower
fox19891989

Activity: 840

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 01:23:59 AM
Last edit: November 23, 2014, 01:55:35 AM by fox19891989

wow, 25mh can mine 8-25 coins per day, very hard to mine viacoin Shocked
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 07:07:02 AM
Last edit: November 23, 2014, 12:47:02 PM by btcdrak

It seems our innocent price trolls are back. I refer again that the community has repeatedly requested enforcement of the moderation rules at post #2. Please remain on topic, no cross posting, please do not spam the thread with lots of useless posts and otherwise generate noise. If people are interested in price, I am sure they can look at the charts themselves and do not need a running commentary. The thread has improved a lot since the last reminder, let's keep it that way.
Pages: « 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 [173] 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 ... 309 »
  Print  

Jump to: