Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:08:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 [227] 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 ... 309 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [VIA] ★ Viacoin ★ ~ the future of digital currency ~ ★  (Read 825828 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Caspadus

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 09:19:40 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2015, 08:53:01 PM by mprep

This guy up here explained it.   If some of you dont understand this, it's your issue-  and if you're the same 2 ppl that keep spamming same questions I would rather ppl vote you out of this thread.

Personally, I've lost about 15 BTC- but I know it was a pre-sale and I dont expect a rabbit out of a hat and answers all of a sudden just because the price went below pre-sale.. It was on me and I knew what I was getting into.   I also believe this my chance to double down.

Fingers crossed, got a few BTC in myself from couple of months ago. Not much else to do then just hold them and hope for the best.
Eventho quite some ppl don't seem to share the same opinion (seeing how the price is dropping ^^)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
weedo84

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 09:21:24 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2015, 08:54:45 PM by mprep

This guy up here explained it.   If some of you dont understand this, it's your issue-  and if you're the same 2 ppl that keep spamming same questions I would rather ppl vote you out of this thread.

Personally, I've lost about 15 BTC- but I know it was a pre-sale and I dont expect a rabbit out of a hat and answers all of a sudden just because the price went below pre-sale.. It was on me and I knew what I was getting into.   I also believe this my chance to double down.

Fingers crossed, got a few BTC in myself from couple of months ago. Not much else to do then just hold them and hope for the best.
Eventho quite some ppl don't seem to share the same opinion (seeing how the price is dropping ^^)

Correction: it was more than 45+ BTC.

Revelation

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 09:33:06 PM

Drak, it's a shame that questions I've been asking you during the ICO are re-appearing now, more than 6 months after you've labelled me as fuder. I still think that your lack of accountability and insta-sale of your premine (although you've wrapped this in a nice term "ICO") are killing the coin, not some whale investor.
Moreover, lack of development is not helping either. Yes, there was development after Peter jumped on board, but since New Year github became a ghost place for VIA.
Ted Unite

Activity: 59

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 09:37:21 PM

Drak, its a shame that questions I've been asking you during the ICO are re-appearing now, more than 6 months after you've labelled me as fuder. I still think that your lack of accountability and insta-sale of your premine (although you've wrapped this in a nice term "ICO") are killing the coin, not some whale investor.
Moreover, lack of development is not helping either. Yes, there was development after Peter jumped on board, but since New Year github became a ghost place for VIA.

No activity on github? do your research.
Revelation

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 09:38:40 PM

Drak, its a shame that questions I've been asking you during the ICO are re-appearing now, more than 6 months after you've labelled me as fuder. I still think that your lack of accountability and insta-sale of your premine (although you've wrapped this in a nice term "ICO") are killing the coin, not some whale investor.

Since New Year github is a dead place:
https://github.com/viacoin/viacoin
https://github.com/viacoin/viacoin/graphs/commit-activity
Is there any other repo?
KeijiN

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 09:40:06 PM

Viacoin needs to shed old skin in order to grow. Old skin being the people that we're up Viacoin's butt since day 1, and pain in the butt investors like myself.  

This is all healthy I feel.  Moving forwards.

aciddbboy

Activity: 36

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 09:43:27 PM

Drak , you did an excelent job as developer and all what matters is that you continue to be .

Just do what you do best ! and make sure petter todd does his job too.  i dont think this coin is dead  and i hope you dont think so either .
Ted Unite

Activity: 59

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 09:48:11 PM

Is there any other repo?

https://github.com/viacoin/viacoin/pull/30
DenisZabar

Activity: 614
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 09:49:50 PM

After reading couple pages before and price on bittrex i am glad to exit @5000 satoshi after i bought this coin @28000 satoshi. Have a good luck to all.

Revelation

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 09:52:44 PM

Is there any other repo?

https://github.com/viacoin/viacoin/pull/30
There is nothing happening there. Only merging that branch with bitcoin 10 core, all commits are from bitcoin. Nothing is happening with VIA. Do your homework.
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 10:17:30 PM

There is great irony you are right. And I really appreciated you stopping by some months ago to say you felt more positive.
There is maintenance currently in the der branch on github. master is a stable branch, I have to do it this way because miners clone the master branch and never the stable branch and this can cause problems if the code is not stable so from now on, the repo will always looks "dead" because dev will happen in develop branch and master will be the "stable" branch. Blame miners not knowing how to git checkout branch

The next released will include BIP66 and reorder and I are just mulling over putting in an extra switch on the softfork (to activate at a much later date). We have to be much more careful now there are big miners involved. It's not like the early days where an accident can be easily fixed. We're approaching 1TH/s and consensus really matters now.

My main concern has been to get the hash rate up and that has been another reason for postponing BIP66 because it's more important to get more big miners involved than it is with fixing a long time issue with signatures.

Overall Viacoin is going to have more minor maintenance releases and more major released every 6 months. This is in line with Bitcoin's schedule. It's necessary now the network has grown. The first 8 months involved a lot of testing and tweaking. We'd used DGW3 retargetting which turned out to be ghastly and really needed a lot of testing before hard fork. Then we tried non-merged mining but this too turned out to be more of a problem for adoption, serious projects need high hash rate. The irony is now hash rate is independent of price. I know it's all unsexy, but viacoin wasnt meant to be a hype coins with ropey "features". It's about the technology and that is hard to get right. Remember, viacoin's main purpose is to be a base embedded consensus systems, so it also means the blockchain needs more stability, security and reliability and to be maintained.
CryptoTrout

Activity: 706
Merit: 500

https://twitter.com/CryptoTrout

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 10:30:45 PM

move along FUDers the big dump is over
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 11:30:47 PM

I said it on IRC, will say it again and I will retain my position like forever... for any coin:

1. You FUDsters asking about ICO funds and such are just greedy and scared people who have no BALLS in their packs.
2. You can't make decisions for yourself - you are expecting someone else to do it for you.
3. You don't have confidence and you are thinking only about money (i.e. fiat). Some of you are rich in some way, but they suck in any other way.
4. When you were asked to make some suggestions and actions, you were silent, but when the price dropped - you were so active.
5. From the tech side, Via is with no doubt one of the best coins out there. From the marketing side - it sucks, and I know it.

Now, please, tell me... what you are expecting? Drak to answer you about ICO money so you can be comfortable for yourself? Or his answer will surely makes VIA with $5B market cap? Some guy already said it was presale and that's about it. It is Drak's opinion if he can use those money for development, spend them or add some more. I also said something else... why don't you ask where are Satoshi's BTC? Go and make some audit on Bill Gates or Linus Torvalds if you wish? If they don't fulfil your expectations just dump your computer. You are just killing cryptocurrencies with your actions. Tomorrow you will not have any coin to make profit of. It's not all about holding and be positive, but to be active as well. You are sitting on your asses and wait someone else to do it for you! SHAME ON YOU! People like Drak should have money (from ICO and whatever), because they are giving you the chance to make something, instead working for some ass at low salary. You all should be ASHAMED OF YOURSELF!

GooseNL

Activity: 204

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 11:39:26 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2015, 12:00:04 AM by GooseNL

- The next released will include BIP66.... We have to be much more careful now there are big miners involved. It's not like the early days where an accident can be easily fixed.
- We're approaching 1TH/s and consensus really matters now.
- My main concern has been to get the hash rate up and that has been another reason for postponing BIP66 because it's more important to get more big miners involved than it is with fixing a long time issue with signatures.
- Overall Viacoin is going to have more minor maintenance releases and more major released every 6 months. This is in line with Bitcoin's schedule. It's necessary now the network has grown.
- The first 8 months involved a lot of testing and tweaking. We'd used DGW3 retargetting which turned out to be ghastly and really needed a lot of testing before hard fork. Then we tried non-merged mining but this too turned out to be more of a problem for adoption, serious projects need high hash rate.

I know it's all unsexy, but viacoin wasnt meant to be a hype coins with ropey "features".
It's about the technology and that is hard to get right.
Viacoin's main purpose is to be a base embedded consensus systems, so it also means the blockchain needs more stability, security and reliability and to be maintained.

Boommmm, it sounds all so sexy! Well, kind of. I bought some more VIA. Unfortunately I missed the dumb dump.

Back to business!      VIA Robuste Blockchain Technology     The Bitcoin-VIA Connection
wom1979

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 12:41:36 AM

Im here in VIA until the end!
amazing work Drak. Huge pat on the back.
The fudsters are making you and us stronger.
Slow and steady mate.

Great work
q327K091
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 02:19:08 AM

perfect work, thank you

just got new wallet of git master , see you changed from cmake to make, it makes wallet assembly easier

maybe a a small thing but I notice stuff like that

thanks again for the opportunity
BitRod

Activity: 44

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 05:07:10 AM

If you haven't sold above 8k then there is no reason to sell now.  Time to hold the bag kids while the ones who sold high buy back at lower prices. No one is going to release big news until they re accumulate at low enough prices. Then news then high prices.
Doging

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 08:37:30 AM

Bought some VIA last night, surprised it went below 4k.

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
Dennahz

Activity: 157

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 01:00:36 PM

You can say what you want, but people with that amount of VIA are better out than in, especially when they have something against the dev. In this case, BTCDrak.
Not only are you trying to dump his project to death (recovered pretty well tho, so lmao to you, dumper), you also rekt the serious investors/traders by dumping. Good job mate.

And about that ICO-money: none of (y)our business.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 1405

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 01:56:43 PM

This is not looking good.  https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/bittrex/viabtc

This could go down some more...  Check the weekly chart.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Pages: « 1 ... 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 [227] 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 ... 309 »
  Print  

Jump to: