Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 05:05:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 [270] 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [VIA] ★ Viacoin ★ ~ the future of digital currency ~ ★  (Read 825828 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
GooseNL

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 05:07:21 PM

I remember seeing that Viacoin was built on top of Bitcoin 0.10. Bitcoin is now at 0.12 and soon to release 0.13. There are lots of new features in Bitcoin now so if Viacoin could build on top of a newer version we could get those benefits.

I guess that is the plan indeed. BTC 0.13 supports for example C++11.
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
grv

Activity: 177

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 11:36:21 PM

hearning is one way to go haha

  tips will be spent on ale and ladies of questionable character Grin
derrend

Activity: 707
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2016, 07:14:27 AM
Last edit: June 19, 2016, 10:47:56 PM by derrend

Viacoin is dead? Long live Viacoin!
(thanks for the buy signals)
hear hear Grin

Well guys, it's always the same with every open-source crypto coin : you need do'ers to get your open source crypto project going somewhere.
That's what terribly lack of here.... do'ers.
Unbelievable, this minion is about to shift blame to the community.

Everybody here wait someone, somewhere, somehow, something magically happen so that everybody (the leechers) can profit from it.
You just refereed to the community members/investors as leeches.

That's not the job of the main dev, btcdrak, to make you profit. His job is to develop and maintain the code.
His job is to make the project successful which is what he has absolutely failed to do for the past two years, He happily took investors money and delivered nothing, even butterfly labs was only one year late in shipping and they caught the attention of the FBI.

Until someone, somewhere, somehow start to develop something using via, and/or invest his time into working to develop things for viacoin, nothing will magically happen. You, let's call it "investor", decided to buy and wait... so that's it and very simple : wait! That's what you have decided to do.
I have no idea why you chose to put the word "investor" in quotation marks, ponying up the cash and entrusting it to an individual/organisation to create/invest it with a profitable outcome is exactly what an investor is.
Could you imagine if Steve Jobs or Bill Gates got up in front of their shareholders and told them the reason for the companies poor performance was because they didn't become software developers and build their infrastructure for them?
You need to re-evaluate your way of thinking on this subject, quick.

I know exactly why this project/community is dying, it's because you're all a bunch of chicken *****, too scared to hold btcdrak to account and that's the truth.
You can't just take $300,000 from a group of people and deliver nothing in return. If this had been a kickstarter project drak would have been in front of a judge ages ago.
His identity is no secret and this entire debacle is matter of public record.
This whole operation stinks.
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 07:34:41 AM

Viacoins main selling point was 'The most technically advanced coin', there haven't been any commits to the git repo since February and it isn't being kept up to date with bitoin core,
in fact it is now two versions behind

I remember seeing that Viacoin was built on top of Bitcoin 0.10. Bitcoin is now at 0.12 and soon to release 0.13. There are lots of new features in Bitcoin now so if Viacoin could build on top of a newer version we could get those benefits.

Yes, that's certainly been my thinking. It certainly doesn't make sense to rebase until 0.13. There's a huge difference between 0.10 and 0.13 base. The rebase is not non-trivial due to the number of changes however and would need to proceed with caution.
derrend

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2016, 07:58:35 AM
Last edit: June 19, 2016, 09:02:03 AM by derrend

I'm not taking the piss Drak when I say that I think you could be brought up on criminal charges at this point.

I'd like to see some account records showing how and where you have spent the original investment money you were supplied with because there is no way cloning the bitcoin and counterparty source code can account for even 10% of your original funding I'm quite sure the other community members (with spines) would agree with me here.

You've produced absolutely nothing of value, you don't report your activities to your investors and you disappear for months at a time.

The way that you have conducted yourself, this project and your attitude to your investors is disgusting and I'm astounded you've gotten away with it for this long.

You're on borrowed time and I think you know it.

This is a failed project. BtcDrak should exchange investors Viacoin for BTC at the original purchase price for those that wish to be reimbursed.
A slight loss to investors may be acceptable as a certain degree of risk was assumed at the outset but since the project has failed due to incompetence rather than circumstance it does not seem fit for investors to lose 100% of their money.

The current block height is #2499712, coins held in wallets younger than this should not be eligible to prevent opportunists purchasing coins from exchanges and trying to cash them in at a profit.

Since the vast majority of investors will never come forward Drak should be happy with these terms as he will certainly remain in profit.

Does the community (what's left of it) have anything to say on this matter?
Pottermore

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 08:32:05 AM

This is a failed project.

So why are you still here? Go away.
derrend

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2016, 08:39:16 AM

Newbie accounts with 1 activity posting comments like that only make this situation look more fraudulent.
grv

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 10:25:37 AM

I know exactly why this project/community is dying, it's because you're all a bunch of chicken *****, too scared to hold btcdrak to account and that's the truth.
You can't just take $300,000 from a group of people and deliver nothing in return. If this had been a kickstarter project drak would have been in front of a judge ages ago.
His identity is no secret and this entire debacle is matter of public record.
This whole operation stinks.

this has been answered several times in past

its working as advertised, network is healthy, developer is alive
improvements to bitcoin are also improvements to viacoin and vice versa
stuff takes time

anyway, you owned like 10 dollars worth of viacoin in total so why are you frothing at mouth huh?
you keep repeating yourself, so why are you coming back over and over, ulterior motives?

btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 10:48:58 AM

stuff takes time

Exactly this. If Viacoin rebases on top of 0.13 it will get a who bunch of new features like BIPs 9,68,112,113,141,143,144, libsecp etc. I'm not saying it will be easy, or that I will do it for sure. I would certainly like help in reviewing such a rebase because it's quite extensive and risky. There is no immediate need to make such an update though it would be a nice addition making Viacoin compatible with payment channel stuff like LN. In any case, Bitcoin Core 0.13 is unlikely to be released until I would have thought Aug/September so there's nothing to do until then anyway. In the end, I cannot force people to use via. But what is important is that things works. There's no chance anything can be successful if there is no security or stability.

On the other side of things, in hindsight, I'm not convinced 24 second block targets are such a good idea any more, certainly not at large scale. I do think the future is more in payment channels because payments are instant and in terms of usability, that seems like the more expected behaviour. But anyway, not really much we can do about that now.
GooseNL

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 11:18:52 AM

Newbie accounts with 1 activity posting comments like that only make this situation look more fraudulent.
Remember that Satoshi soon disappeard after the start of the BTC project.
Community wants benevolent dictator or something and Drak is an open source/decentralised crypto maximalist as far as I know, in the true spirit of BTC. There is a misunderstanding that hasn't been cleared enough. Benevolent dictatorship has enormous risks. Among other things see the centralised tendencies in Ethereum with "Proof-of-Vitalik'.
Developers, community, PR, usecases etc don't come in a forced organised way. They come with all internal chaos, conflicts, inconsequences, luck. There is no staight road in such new teritories. Watch Bitcoin's chaotic process and for example the recent shoutout of frustrations by Wladimir v/d Laan on Twitter and Medium.

With version 0.13 comes new possibilities for VIA. If the rebase will be succesfull and safe, I would take this upgrade as a new start for VIA.
What is missing until now is a clear guide of what can be done on the VIA blockchain. What are benefits of C++11 for blockchain technology? What other new features are included in 0.13? What are the unique selling points of VIA, compared to BTC and alts?

Edit:
Hopefully there will be some serious help to test such complex upgrade!

GooseNL

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 11:55:43 AM

stuff takes time

Exactly this. If Viacoin rebases on top of 0.13 it will get a who bunch of new features like BIPs 9,68,112,113,141,143,144, libsecp etc. I'm not saying it will be easy, or that I will do it for sure. I would certainly like help in reviewing such a rebase because it's quite extensive and risky.

Awesome.
So, it is a extensive task and risky.
You need serious help in testing in order to keep VIAblockchain stabile.
Developers have to be triggered to contribute in testing and using the VIA blockchain.
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 06:00:41 PM

You can't just take $300,000 from a group of people and deliver nothing in return.

This was always my issue from the beginning. $300k is ALOT of money. For that much I could quit my job at my current pay levels for almost 10 years, if I reinvest most of it back I wouldn't probably ever have to work again. The question is was $300k worth of work put into this.

If i'm a typical potential user of Viacoin, if I open the wallet, what else do I see but a regular cryptocoin wallet. I can send and receive coins, that's it. To the average person who knows little about Bitcoin, they will ask what's so special, they are told they can trade assets with Viacoin but there is no real clear direction how to do this or what is even meant by this.

Consider a project like Factom, at the heart of it it is very simple, it's software for documenting hash on the bitcoin blockchain. It's something even Viacoin can do. It is not some mega project like Ethereum led by a team of brilliant software engineers, but its marketcap is growing and they just got awarded a $200k contract from the Department of Homeland Security. Why? Because they run it like a business and instead of waiting for business to come to them, they go out and seek the business themselves.  Instead of waiting for people to write apps for them, no doubt they are going to government, banking and corporate IT departments and giving tutorials on how to use the software themselves and why it could help them. Crypto is something new, even guys who have been programming for years get boggled by it, you can't just sit around and think the world is going to instinctively gather around it, this has always been my problem with Bitcoin elites who spend tens of thousands to all attend these stupid conferences just to talk about all the cool things crypto could do instead of actually spending the time and money to actually do it. How long has Bitcoin sidechains been bantered about now with little to show for it? Stop preaching to the choir to a room full of other people already into Bitcoin and actually preach to people who have never bought a Bitcoin in their life.

$300k could buy ALOT of airline miles, alot of hotel stays, and make alot of business connections. Apple got their start with a $700k investment and look where they are today.

When you consider there are other crypto devs doing some amazing things out there with even 1/100th of the resources the Viacoin ICO raised, this is why people ask questions.
derrend

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2016, 10:31:07 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2016, 01:46:31 AM by derrend

Exactly this.
It was advertised to be more advanced than bitcoin which it is not and as for equating working on bitcoin as the same as working on viacon I don't think that holds weight either.
"I've just launched a new car company and raised lots of funds from investors, I'm going to spend those funds on developing a new engine for Ford now but don't worry because we're going to use the same engine in our cars so really I'm working on my company after all, sort of"

anyway, you owned like 10 dollars worth of viacoin in total so why are you frothing at mouth huh?
you keep repeating yourself, so why are you coming back over and over, ulterior motives?
You cannot know how much Via I do/don't hold and no, I'm not the crypto mafia.

You're trying to vindicate Draks extended leave of absence here but there is a crucial difference which is that Satoshi didn't hold an IPO but Drak did and he is beholden to his investors whether he chooses to acknowledge it or not.

Drak is an open source/decentralised crypto maximalist
So he's a transparency advocate? Lets review what we know so far:
  • Drak dumped Viacoin onto the exchanges after launch pushing the value of the stock his investors had purchased down like DiCaprio in wolf of wall street.
  • He outlines no roadmap for the project.
  • No time scales or deadlines.
  • He doesn't reveal how investor funds are allocated or spent.
  • He doesn't communicate what is actively being developed for viacoin or progress in these areas.
  • The fed is more transparent than Drak.

Drak has developed a scrypt based blockchain that is less advanced than bitcoin and full of empty blocks. Charlie Lee did the same thing for free and his network hashrate is at 1.65TH dwarfing viacoins 410 GH/s which used to be over 700 GH/s by the way and shows that the network is becoming less healthy @grv @btcdrak, a drop of over 40% since March of this year! link

There is a single metric that allows you to measure the success of the project directly and that is the viacoin price which is at $0.

A bunch of investors entrusted drak with their hard earned cash and in return they have received nothing but disrespect.
He purposefully devalued their assets and then disappeared, returning on occasion to feed them crumbs of information whenever he feels like it.

Do you know when the last viacoin blog post was? April 2015.

His philosophy is bogus, "If you build it, they will come" doesn't apply here, there is nobody on wall street looking at this inferior blockchain and thinking "look at that shitcoin that nobody is using, let's invest in that".

Network health is declining, user participation is non existent, the dev only communicates when he can be bothered or when there is unrest in the community which he causes by not communicating.

Viacoin currentlly sits at rank #164 on coinmarketcap with a value of $136,000. Less than half of the original investment amount.
This project is over, anyone who invested in it has lost everything. Only one person has benefited and that's Drak.

He should do the decent thing and shut up shop and return what's left of investor funds if he hasn't lost it all in the DAO implosion.

None of the above @grv, none of the above at all. Show me a chart, show me something, show me anything Huh
grv

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 10:54:25 PM

here we go again, sounding like a broken record, its not working is it :p

GooseNL

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 08:02:39 AM

Derrend, former VIA-angel has suddenly capitulated. Something has hit you recently. I will miss your poetry here.
derrend

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 09:14:24 AM
Last edit: June 20, 2016, 09:40:30 AM by derrend

Try and stay on topic boys.

Exactly this.
It was advertised to be more advanced than bitcoin which it is not and as for equating working on bitcoin as the same as working on viacon I don't think that holds weight either.
"I've just launched a new car company and raised lots of funds from investors, I'm going to spend those funds on developing a new engine for Ford now but don't worry because we're going to use the same engine in our cars so really I'm working on my company after all, sort of"

You cannot know how much Via I do/don't hold and no, I'm not the crypto mafia.

You're trying to vindicate Draks extended leave of absence here but there is a crucial difference which is that Satoshi didn't hold an IPO but Drak did and he is beholden to his investors whether he chooses to acknowledge it or not.

Drak is an open source/decentralised crypto maximalist
So he's a transparency advocate? Lets review what we know so far:
  • Drak dumped Viacoin onto the exchanges after launch pushing the value of the stock his investors had purchased down like DiCaprio in wolf of wall street.
  • He outlines no roadmap for the project.
  • No time scales or deadlines.
  • He doesn't reveal how investor funds are allocated or spent.
  • He doesn't communicate what is actively being developed for viacoin or progress in these areas.
  • The fed is more transparent than Drak.

Drak has developed a scrypt based blockchain that is less advanced than bitcoin and full of empty blocks. Charlie Lee did the same thing for free and his network hashrate is at 1.65TH dwarfing viacoins 410 GH/s which used to be over 700 GH/s by the way and shows that the network is becoming less healthy @grv @btcdrak, a drop of over 40% since March of this year! link

There is a single metric that allows you to measure the success of the project directly and that is the viacoin price which is at $0.

A bunch of investors entrusted drak with their hard earned cash and in return they have received nothing but disrespect.
He purposefully devalued their assets and then disappeared, returning on occasion to feed them crumbs of information whenever he feels like it.

Do you know when the last viacoin blog post was? April 2015.

His philosophy is bogus, "If you build it, they will come" doesn't apply here, there is nobody on wall street looking at this inferior blockchain and thinking "look at that shitcoin that nobody is using, let's invest in that".

Network health is declining, user participation is non existent, the dev only communicates when he can be bothered or when there is unrest in the community which he causes by not communicating.

Viacoin currentlly sits at rank #164 on coinmarketcap with a value of $136,000. Less than half of the original investment amount.
This project is over, anyone who invested in it has lost everything. Only one person has benefited and that's Drak.

He should do the decent thing and shut up shop and return what's left of investor funds if he hasn't lost it all in the DAO implosion.

None of the above @grv, none of the above at all. Show me a chart, show me something, show me anything Huh

I ask you to address these points and you come back with this meaningless garbage:

here we go again, sounding like a broken record, its not working is it :p
Derrend, former VIA-angel has suddenly capitulated. Something has hit you recently. I will miss your poetry here.

Drak took $300,000 from a group of investors and handed them a bunch of worthless tokens.
The health and security of the network has fallen 40% in the last four months.
He hasn't delivered on his promise to keep the coin relevant and up to date or ahead of bitcoin core.
I bet he didn't register his windfall with the HMRC.

I should imagine the two of you are Viacoin holders so why are you defending Drak? Let him stick up for himself.
He isn't going to make you rich no matter how much allegiance you pledge to him.

You talk about the health of the network. I shot you down.
You talk about active development. I shot you down.
You talk about viacoin working as advertised. I shot you down.

You haven't addressed a single point I've raised.
You've got nothing to show me, absolutely nothing have you?

If anyone is wondering how easy it is to launch their own version of the Viacoin network, here is the git repo that does it for you.
If you're running linux, open a terminal and enter:
Code:
git clone https://github.com/coinclone/cloner.git
cd cloner
bash setup.sh viacoin
You should be up and running within 30 minutes, then you can launch your own IPO just like Drak.
Free of charge.
grv

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 11:46:00 AM

Try and stay on topic boys.

another diatribe, why am i not surprised, go ahead do it again :p
everything has been answered before
did you even read through this entire thread? i sure did
or did you get hit by that other alts faceplant and came here to vent your frustration?

derrend

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 12:26:25 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2016, 12:43:03 PM by derrend

did you get hit by that other alts faceplant and came here to vent your frustration?
No, I never owned DAO or ETH.

Viacoin is worth $0. All investors are bankrupt, they have lost 100% of their money.
Drak should do the decent thing and return what is left of their funds or at least offer them the opportunity.

How can you have a problem with what I am saying?

If you are seeing success somewhere in all of this then please point it out to me.
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 12:29:55 PM

Wasn't VIA crowdsale price like 6k satoshi and then went up to like 71k?

derrend

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 12:55:45 PM

Wasn't VIA crowdsale price like 6k satoshi and then went up to like 71k?
The price went up for about a month. Consider that a successful project do you?
Worth over a quarter of a million dollars in fees you think?
Pages: « 1 ... 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 [270] 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 »
  Print  

Jump to: