Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:11:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [REQ] Simple wallet comparison website  (Read 856 times)
btchris (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 504

a.k.a. gurnec on GitHub

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 11:05:05 PM
Merited by ABCbits (2)

Hi, all.

Every so often, there's a new "which wallet is best" thread that appears. The correct answer is almost always "it depends"... there are a lot of options out there, and the best wallet for one person may not be the best for someone else.

It can be particularly confusing for beginners. With this is mind, I've compiled a very simple table which I've put up online here:

There's not much to it so far... just 5 wallets listed, and a handful of columns that I thought would be most important for beginners. Note that I'm intentionally leaving out more complicated features (m of n, cold storage, etc.) because this is just geared towards beginners for now.

I'm very much open to input. If anyone has additional experience with different wallets, or just thinks I'm flat-out wrong with something that's already on that page, please speak up. You can do the whole GitHub fork / pull request thing if you like, but it seems easier to just respond in this thread or open an issue on GH.

I'm hoping that in the end, this will be a good starting point for answering the "which wallet is best for me" question for beginners.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: