Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 03:30:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How much would it cost to build my own lab?  (Read 2354 times)
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 09:48:03 AM

Depends on what experiments your planning on and are these actual experiments or just code word for drug labs? Tongue

In any case, depending on what you are doing if you are dealing with stuff that can emit fumes when they react you'll probably need a room/building you can alter so you can have a fume cupboard and so on.
ChiliPowder

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 09:58:54 AM

Why not ask on a Bio Chem forum?

srmojuze

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 10:43:29 AM

I'm interested in building a lab to house biochemistry experiments. I'm not sure exactly what experiments I'll be doing but I have a good understanding of biochemistry and genetics since I have a degree in the subject so knowledge-wise, I should be OK. I'll need a PCR machine, centrifuge, spectrophotometer, etc. Raw materials will also be needed and replenished at regular intervals.

What price range am I looking at here? Anyone else do research as a hobby here?

I used to do the ol' PCR back in the day. I ~was~ blown away at the cost of enzymes, etc.

I suggest though we are playing with the code of life and forces beyond our control.

I do NOT recommend you proceed.
Iamyourdad

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 02:20:13 PM

not less than 5 lakhs i guess because all these machines are really very costly...
btw best of luck for your lab  Smiley

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: