Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 07:19:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy bitcoin with cash deposit in USA  (Read 6277 times)
cointell

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 05:12:07 AM

Your imagination aside, isn't it much like localbitcoin with a concierge service?  
The rates are fairly similar to lbc, and often discounted in comparison.  LBC does maybe a thousand bitcoin a day, yes?
If you don't like it, don't use it, or set up your own better service, but I don't see a reason for the disparagement.

I'm not going to submit requests repeatedly just to get a price quote.  Yes, it is a waste of my time, when I can go to localbitcoins or paxful and see the prices listed.
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btctxns

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 05:54:21 AM

Despite you saying there is no need to make a buyer submit a ticket, allow me to explain why in fact there is a need.

Bitcoin-Brokers deals with many different sellers who offer their personal bank accounts as deposit locations for our buyers wishing to purchase bitcoin. Each of these sellers has their own amount of bitcoin available for sale, and as a result of this, the banks that we might have available one day could be different than the next. Thus, the business model works best when we actually speak with each buyer one on one for each and every transaction to make them aware of what is actually available.

This can be addressed in many more efficient and scalable ways than having the buyer contact you directly through a support ticket system. Your contention that the business model works "best" this way, however, is definitively incorrect based on my definition of "best." My definition of best is the fastest, easiest way of performing the transaction. This is not the fastest or easiest way. Hopefully you understand that. Hint: manual methods are almost never the fastest way to address things for online services. I do see, however, that it could be one of the most convenient ways for you in the short term. But as you've said, you've been at this for two years. That's why I think it's strange you do things this way.

I have looked at your ticket, and I can see that you were responded to exactly 17 minutes after you submitted a ticket to the help desk. In my opinion having to wait 17 minutes to actually get a live response from a live company representative is impressive, and I am not aware of any other bitcoin company that would offer you a full response to all of your questions within that amount of time.

Where did I say I had a problem with the speed of your support service? I was quite happy with it, actually. Manual services are too inefficient, however. You're wasting the buyer's and your own time when you don't need to. Heck, if you're really just too lazy to code, manually input what's available directly on the site. You don't have to post account numbers, but just the amount of bitcoins currently available, and the associated banks. It just seems like you didn't really think this through, with the way you're doing it. And again, you've had two years to think on it further and improve it - and it's still in this condition. That is, again, another reason why I think your methods are strange.

Granted there are services which offer bitcoin for rates less than what Bitcoin-Brokers charges, yet I seriously doubt that any of them would respond to your requests in such a timely manner. Additionally, I would like to point out that even though our rates might be more than what you want to pay, if you take the time to read through this review thread in its entirety you will see that after 2 years of doing business, there is not one single complaint from either a buyer or a seller. This is after approximately 7000 transactions and approximately $7 million worth of sales. The majority of our clients are repeat clients who are treated with all the respect in the world. Hopefully one day you too will be added to our list of respected clients.

Hopefully the bolded phrase is referring to a general you, and not actually me. I never said it was more than what I want to pay. I simply showed the rate, which you're refusing to show for a reason you still have not made clear. I don't understand why you're dodging the main point of my post. Let me spell it out for you: I don't understand the reason you are not posting your rate in the OP, when you have no problem informing customers via support that it is 10% over bitstamp + a 2% fee. Mind you, also, this actually comes out to greater than 12% - I'm sorry, I actually overlooked this. The 2% fee is charged to the bitstamp+10% rate. Therefore, you actually charge 1.10*1.02 = 1.132 times the bitstamp rate. This amounts to a 13.2% fee. I will edit my post accordingly.

You either are wholly truthful with your buyers about how you do business, or you are not. Again, I see no reason for you not to post your fee on the OP. But it's your decision. Post it or don't. Either way, that info should be out there for potential customers so they actually know what you are offering. Hanging out a shingle and saying, "I sell btc" isn't good enough. What are the rates? Bulk options? How much can I do daily? I need this information. This market is all about what you're selling at. That means everything. Conveniently leaving out your price is a ridiculous way of attracting customers. I'll say this again: You're wasting both your own time and the time of those that will not accept the 13.2% fee you require. Simply post the fee, so those that accept the rate can do business with you.

Granted there are services which offer bitcoin for rates less than what Bitcoin-Brokers charges, yet I seriously doubt that any of them would respond to your requests in such a timely manner.

LBC exists. I'll spare you the details, since you already know them (give it a quick peek if you haven't in a bit). And please spare me any 5-cent rebuttal. We both know what the realities are. With that said, I think it's just fine for you to charge whatever you please. But just be straightforward about it. As a trader and a once potential customer, I can say that hiding things from me only serves to inspire distrust and worry. If you intend to run an honest business, be wholly honest. That is my advice.
sayulita (OP)

Activity: 881
Merit: 500

CyberTrade

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 01:16:24 PM

I can't imagine you're getting many buyers if you're asking for 12% over Bitstamp.

I suppose what you think its a lot of business.

$7 million dollars worth of sales over the course of 2 years.

During those 7,000 transactions there has never been one complaint from a single buyer or seller because inquiries are handled lightning quick, bitcoin is received the same day, and clients are treated like gold.

███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                        ▀███████████████████████▀▀▀
       ▄▄██████▀▀▄▄     ▄█▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ██▀ ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄█  ▄▄████▄   ▄▄███████████▀
    ▄▄████▀▀     ██   ▄███▀▀▀▀██ ███▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██   ██▀▄▀██▀▀██     ▄▄████▀███  ███▄██▀
  ▄████▀         ██ ▄██▀█▀ ▄███ ███▄▄▄▄  ██ ▄▄█▀  ▄██  ██ ▄▄█▀   ▄██▄██▀ ▄██  ▄██▄███▄▄▄▄
 ▄███▀           ████▀ ██████▀ ██▀▀▀▀▀  ████▀▀   ▄██  █████▀ █████▀███  ▄██ ▄███▄██▀▀▀▀
████▀           ███▀  ██  ▄██ ██       ████▄    ▄██  ████▄   ▄█▀▀ ██▀  ███▄██▀ ▄██▀
████     ▄▄▄  ▄██▀   ██▄██▀▀ ███████▀  █▀  ▀█▄▄ ██   █▀  ▀█▄▄    ██▀  ███▀▀   ▀████████▀
████▄▄▄███▀ ███▀    ▀▀▀                      ▀▀█▄          ▀▀█▄ ██▀  ▀▀
 ▀█████▀▀ ███▀
.......MMO RPG Futuristic.......
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
BitcoinDistributor

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 02:57:38 PM

I can't imagine you're getting many buyers if you're asking for 12% over Bitstamp.

During those 7,000 transactions there has never been one complaint from a single buyer or seller because inquiries are handled lightning quick, bitcoin is received the same day, and clients are treated like gold.

I've done 100 million in business over 100,000 transactions! Ha I win!

[Your words literally mean nothing, a year ago you said 5000 or 6000 I believe so obviously your business is basically dead since then, personally I highly doubt you've done even a million USD in business thus far.]

I'm a lover not a hater. I'm a scam buster misunderstood. However, this forum is full of haters which is why you see my trust. They can't handle my success so they try to stop me...BUT NO ONE STOPS MY SUCCESS! ....Find Quickseller annoying? Click the "ignore" button below his name! You're welcome!
sayulita (OP)

CyberTrade

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 03:33:55 PM

I've done 100 million in business over 100,000 transactions! Ha I win!

[Your words literally mean nothing, a year ago you said 5000 or 6000 I believe so obviously your business is basically dead since then, personally I highly doubt you've done even a million USD in business thus far.]

$7 million in 2 years is exactly what has been sold.

Your statement is correct with respect to the fact that within the first year there were about 5000 transactions and that in the last year there were about 2000 transactions which is over a 50% drop off in sales. This is not just my business. Look at the volume levels of Bitstamp. They have seen a drop in sales of the exact same amount. When prices are rising we sell more than compared to a falling price environment.

▄▄██████▀▀▄▄     ▄█▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ██▀ ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄█  ▄▄████▄   ▄▄███████████▀
    ▄▄████▀▀     ██   ▄███▀▀▀▀██ ███▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██   ██▀▄▀██▀▀██     ▄▄████▀███  ███▄██▀
  ▄████▀         ██ ▄██▀█▀ ▄███ ███▄▄▄▄  ██ ▄▄█▀  ▄██  ██ ▄▄█▀   ▄██▄██▀ ▄██  ▄██▄███▄▄▄▄
 ▄███▀           ████▀ ██████▀ ██▀▀▀▀▀  ████▀▀   ▄██  █████▀ █████▀███  ▄██ ▄███▄██▀▀▀▀
████▀           ███▀  ██  ▄██ ██       ████▄    ▄██  ████▄   ▄█▀▀ ██▀  ███▄██▀ ▄██▀
████     ▄▄▄  ▄██▀   ██▄██▀▀ ███████▀  █▀  ▀█▄▄ ██   █▀  ▀█▄▄    ██▀  ███▀▀   ▀████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀ ███▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
sayulita (OP)

CyberTrade

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 03:43:05 PM

Despite you saying there is no need to make a buyer submit a ticket, allow me to explain why in fact there is a need.

Bitcoin-Brokers deals with many different sellers who offer their personal bank accounts as deposit locations for our buyers wishing to purchase bitcoin. Each of these sellers has their own amount of bitcoin available for sale, and as a result of this, the banks that we might have available one day could be different than the next. Thus, the business model works best when we actually speak with each buyer one on one for each and every transaction to make them aware of what is actually available.

This can be addressed in many more efficient and scalable ways than having the buyer contact you directly through a support ticket system. Your contention that the business model works "best" this way, however, is definitively incorrect based on my definition of "best." My definition of best is the fastest, easiest way of performing the transaction. This is not the fastest or easiest way. Hopefully you understand that. Hint: manual methods are almost never the fastest way to address things for online services. I do see, however, that it could be one of the most convenient ways for you in the short term. But as you've said, you've been at this for two years. That's why I think it's strange you do things this way.

I have looked at your ticket, and I can see that you were responded to exactly 17 minutes after you submitted a ticket to the help desk. In my opinion having to wait 17 minutes to actually get a live response from a live company representative is impressive, and I am not aware of any other bitcoin company that would offer you a full response to all of your questions within that amount of time.

Where did I say I had a problem with the speed of your support service? I was quite happy with it, actually. Manual services are too inefficient, however. You're wasting the buyer's and your own time when you don't need to. Heck, if you're really just too lazy to code, manually input what's available directly on the site. You don't have to post account numbers, but just the amount of bitcoins currently available, and the associated banks. It just seems like you didn't really think this through, with the way you're doing it. And again, you've had two years to think on it further and improve it - and it's still in this condition. That is, again, another reason why I think your methods are strange.

Granted there are services which offer bitcoin for rates less than what Bitcoin-Brokers charges, yet I seriously doubt that any of them would respond to your requests in such a timely manner. Additionally, I would like to point out that even though our rates might be more than what you want to pay, if you take the time to read through this review thread in its entirety you will see that after 2 years of doing business, there is not one single complaint from either a buyer or a seller. This is after approximately 7000 transactions and approximately $7 million worth of sales. The majority of our clients are repeat clients who are treated with all the respect in the world. Hopefully one day you too will be added to our list of respected clients.

Hopefully the bolded phrase is referring to a general you, and not actually me. I never said it was more than what I want to pay. I simply showed the rate, which you're refusing to show for a reason you still have not made clear. I don't understand why you're dodging the main point of my post. Let me spell it out for you: I don't understand the reason you are not posting your rate in the OP, when you have no problem informing customers via support that it is 10% over bitstamp + a 2% fee. Mind you, also, this actually comes out to greater than 12% - I'm sorry, I actually overlooked this. The 2% fee is charged to the bitstamp+10% rate. Therefore, you actually charge 1.10*1.02 = 1.132 times the bitstamp rate. This amounts to a 13.2% fee. I will edit my post accordingly.

You either are wholly truthful with your buyers about how you do business, or you are not. Again, I see no reason for you not to post your fee on the OP. But it's your decision. Post it or don't. Either way, that info should be out there for potential customers so they actually know what you are offering. Hanging out a shingle and saying, "I sell btc" isn't good enough. What are the rates? Bulk options? How much can I do daily? I need this information. This market is all about what you're selling at. That means everything. Conveniently leaving out your price is a ridiculous way of attracting customers. I'll say this again: You're wasting both your own time and the time of those that will not accept the 13.2% fee you require. Simply post the fee, so those that accept the rate can do business with you.

Granted there are services which offer bitcoin for rates less than what Bitcoin-Brokers charges, yet I seriously doubt that any of them would respond to your requests in such a timely manner.

LBC exists. I'll spare you the details, since you already know them (give it a quick peek if you haven't in a bit). And please spare me any 5-cent rebuttal. We both know what the realities are. With that said, I think it's just fine for you to charge whatever you please. But just be straightforward about it. As a trader and a once potential customer, I can say that hiding things from me only serves to inspire distrust and worry. If you intend to run an honest business, be wholly honest. That is my advice.

1)My post does not have those words bolded.....just yours does.
2)It is 11% and not 13.2% (A $400 deposit nets the buyer $356)

A $400 deposit nets the buyer $356 worth of bitcoin.

(I can see how you might think it is 12% based on how it is worded in the explanation, but since our 2% fee is taken from the amount after the seller is paid, it actually works out to 11% for the buyer when the smoke clears)

▀█████▀▀ ███▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
cointell

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 12:15:38 AM

What I'm irritated with is that you repeatedly promote your service here, but when people actually contact you, it turns out things are not quite what they seem.  For example, you say "any major US bank such as Bank of America, Wells Fargo, PNC, US Bank, Citibank and US Bank" but often do not have anything available at most of those banks.

You claim there has never been a complaint, but in the past I got a somewhat different story from you:

First time buyers are required to submit a copy of government issued ID so we know who we are dealing with. The first year of business we used to just issue deposit instructions to buyers without verifying their identity, yet we fell victim to fraud. The fraud was committed as follows:

The criminal realized that if they could trick victims into making cash deposits into our bank account, they could represent themselves as the depositor and get paid the bitcoin. Once the victim realized that whatever they thought they were depositing money for was a fraud, they went to the bank and informed the bank that they had deposited into one of our accounts (naturally thinking that whatever account they were depositing into was the criminal's account instead of ours.) The bank then froze our funds, investigated the fraud, and closed our account and it turned into an absolute nightmare for us. So, as a result of those shenanigans we now need to ensure that we are actually dealing with a person who is fully aware of why they are depositing into our accounts.

We only ask for ID once. Once new buyers have identified themselves, we never ask again. We just need to do our best to scare away the bad guys for everybody's safety.

If you would like to make a deposit, we ask that you upload a photo of either your Passport or Driver's license to this ticket as well as a copy of a utility bill which is no more than 90 days old. We ask that the photo of the ID captures all outer edges of the ID. Additionally, we ask that a note be written and laid next to the ID so one single picture captures the note and the ID. The note must read

"I am depositing into Bitcoin-Brokers bank account for the purpose of purchasing bitcoin".

Once we have that, you are "good to go" to purchase as much bitcoin as you wish.
sayulita (OP)

CyberTrade

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 01:29:36 AM

What I'm irritated with is that you repeatedly promote your service here, but when people actually contact you, it turns out things are not quite what they seem.  For example, you say "any major US bank such as Bank of America, Wells Fargo, PNC, US Bank, Citibank and US Bank" but often do not have anything available at most of those banks.

You claim there has never been a complaint, but in the past I got a somewhat different story from you:

First time buyers are required to submit a copy of government issued ID so we know who we are dealing with. The first year of business we used to just issue deposit instructions to buyers without verifying their identity, yet we fell victim to fraud. The fraud was committed as follows:

The criminal realized that if they could trick victims into making cash deposits into our bank account, they could represent themselves as the depositor and get paid the bitcoin. Once the victim realized that whatever they thought they were depositing money for was a fraud, they went to the bank and informed the bank that they had deposited into one of our accounts (naturally thinking that whatever account they were depositing into was the criminal's account instead of ours.) The bank then froze our funds, investigated the fraud, and closed our account and it turned into an absolute nightmare for us. So, as a result of those shenanigans we now need to ensure that we are actually dealing with a person who is fully aware of why they are depositing into our accounts.

We only ask for ID once. Once new buyers have identified themselves, we never ask again. We just need to do our best to scare away the bad guys for everybody's safety.

If you would like to make a deposit, we ask that you upload a photo of either your Passport or Driver's license to this ticket as well as a copy of a utility bill which is no more than 90 days old. We ask that the photo of the ID captures all outer edges of the ID. Additionally, we ask that a note be written and laid next to the ID so one single picture captures the note and the ID. The note must read

"I am depositing into Bitcoin-Brokers bank account for the purpose of purchasing bitcoin".

Once we have that, you are "good to go" to purchase as much bitcoin as you wish.

You are completely taking things out of context and you know it. You are quoting a post which was made 1 year ago. Did you read the date of the original post? That is July 2014 and we are now in July 2015. To make you happy since you say it irritates you, I have adjusted the initial post.

1)Every time a buyer submits a request to purchase bitcoin I provide that buyer with exactly what banks are available at that moment. The banks which are listed are banks that my sellers use. Sometimes sellers run out of bitcoin and I will offer what happens to be available when the ticket is submitted.

2)With respect to there never being a single complaint, I stand by that statement 100%. Did you read my review thread? There are 80,000 views, hundreds of comments and you CANNOT find one single complaint anywhere on that review thread, so why on Earth do you think it is appropriate to try to parse a section of our introduction to the service email and say that this somehow represents a complaint on the review thread?

▀█████▀▀ ███▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
sayulita (OP)

CyberTrade

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 01:42:50 AM

Your imagination aside, isn't it much like localbitcoin with a concierge service?  
The rates are fairly similar to lbc, and often discounted in comparison.  LBC does maybe a thousand bitcoin a day, yes?
If you don't like it, don't use it, or set up your own better service, but I don't see a reason for the disparagement.

I agree with you 100%. This thread seems to have attracted a plethora of people recently who have never used the service suddenly deciding they want to bitch and moan about it. If they have so many ideas as to how the business should be run perhaps they should open there own business and offer some competition since clearly they all have opinions on how it could be run better.

▀█████▀▀ ███▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
btctxns

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 05:22:58 AM

1)My post does not have those words bolded.....just yours does.

*facepalm* Yes, it wasn't initially....you know what? Nevermind. I'm just going to move on. Needless to say, this comment explains a lot in and of itself, i.e. what seems like the borderline technical illiteracy that has resulted in your current method of business conduction. I am truly sorry if I confused you.

2)It is 11% and not 13.2% (A $400 deposit nets the buyer $356)

A $400 deposit nets the buyer $356 worth of bitcoin.

(I can see how you might think it is 12% based on how it is worded in the explanation, but since our 2% fee is taken from the amount after the seller is paid, it actually works out to 11% for the buyer when the smoke clears)

Oh, my mistake. In that case, the buyer's expected value = (0.98)(1/1.1) = ~0.891, meaning there is a 10.9% overall fee.

I agree with you 100%. This thread seems to have attracted a plethora of people recently who have never used the service suddenly deciding they want to bitch and moan about it. If they have so many ideas as to how the business should be run perhaps they should open there own business and offer some competition since clearly they all have opinions on how it could be run better.

I've not complained about your service, personally. I just didn't understand why you're doing business the way you are - it seems strange you wouldn't be completely truthful with your potential buyers. But if a simple inquiry about why you don't display your price is essentially met with an emphatic, "Fuck off," then by all means, carry on in that fashion if you think it best.  Wink

And to address the latter point, I do trade already. I buy at 1:1. If it were realistic for me to trade at 10.9%, phew...that'd be something else. Sadly it's not very realistic (without a significant advertising budget), so I don't.  Grin

sayulita (OP)

CyberTrade

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 02:20:30 AM

Bumping...lots of bitcoin available right now.

▀█████▀▀ ███▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: