Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 12:56:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 97 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SDC] ShadowCoin | ShadowChat [EM] | ShadowSend [Anon] | ShadowGo [Mobile]  (Read 172550 times)
tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:35:07 PM

So I am going to be downloading the whole blockchain onto my phone and uploading data to other phones all day long?

If this is the case, R.I.P data plan and Battery Life.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
realestmofo

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

If you aren't comfortable ........

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:36:21 PM

So I am going to be downloading the whole blockchain onto my phone and uploading data to other phones all day long?

If this is the case, R.I.P data plan and Battery Life.

Just use it when phone is plugged in + on wifi. Problem solved.

YOU ARE DEAD TO ME
Coolstoryteller

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:36:28 PM

Whether name dropping Peter Todd is right or wrong, or whether Shadowsend improves on anonymity or not, it doesn't matter, history for the last 3 months has proven everyone will hype it up for a few days, dump it, and move on to the next anon coin named Darkercoin, Shadecoin, Muddlecoin or Dark Sewer coin or whatever. The fact Vertcoin implemented stealth addresses and was snoozed on proves the whole thing is about manipulation behind the scenes because it wasn't "new" or "sexy" enough.

It is a rinse and repeat cycle, most people here do not really want anon because plenty of solutions offered in the past work as intended.

Anyway good job to the dev if he delivers something new tomorrow but I am afraid the work will all be for naught.

Did Vertcoin improve upon the existing SA technology or just implement it in it's existing form? Shadowcoin is creating a new protocol by improving upon the existing SA technology and combining it with one of the prime elements in the zerocash scheme - zk-SNARKs(https://eprint.iacr.org/2013/507.pdf). Both implementations creates an entirely new protocol (ShadowSend) and justifies a leading position in the market. AFAIK this is the first implementation of zk-SNARKs outside of the Zerocash project which still hasn't launched..

I'd have to disagree with you on your assessment of the anon crypto market. The only anon system being widely used in commerce is coinjoin and according to Kristov Atlas's research it offers a laughable level of privacy(http://www.coinjoinsudoku.com/). Financial privacy is one of the missing elements in the current financial industry both in crypto and fiat. The cheapest Swiss bank account costs $790,000USD to open.. plus you still won't get a higher level of privacy if you aren't a Swiss national and the same applies to Austrian accounts. If you think anon is a gimmick try selling that argument to the people saving millions a year on their taxes by using offshore Caymans/Swiss/Austrian accounts..

People who get in the ground floor or early levels of investment will go on to trade with the big players when the technology finds it's product/market-fit. The people that cash out early will stay in the lower investment bracket looking for quick pumps and dumps.

"Buy, sell, trade, chat. Leave nothing but a Shadow." - www.shadow.cash
ItsNotMe

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:48:09 PM

Whether name dropping Peter Todd is right or wrong, or whether Shadowsend improves on anonymity or not, it doesn't matter, history for the last 3 months has proven everyone will hype it up for a few days, dump it, and move on to the next anon coin named Darkercoin, Shadecoin, Muddlecoin or Dark Sewer coin or whatever. The fact Vertcoin implemented stealth addresses and was snoozed on proves the whole thing is about manipulation behind the scenes because it wasn't "new" or "sexy" enough.

It is a rinse and repeat cycle, most people here do not really want anon because plenty of solutions offered in the past work as intended.

Anyway good job to the dev if he delivers something new tomorrow but I am afraid the work will all be for naught.

Did Vertcoin improve upon the existing SA technology or just implement it in it's existing form? Shadowcoin is creating a new protocol by improving upon the existing SA technology and combining it with one of the prime elements in the zerocash scheme - zk-SNARKs(https://eprint.iacr.org/2013/507.pdf). Both implementations creates an entirely new protocol (ShadowSend) and justifies a leading position in the market. AFAIK this is the first implementation of zk-SNARKs outside of the Zerocash project which still hasn't launched..

I'd have to disagree with you on your assessment of the anon crypto market. The only anon system being widely used in commerce is coinjoin and according to Kristov Atlas's research it offers a laughable level of privacy(http://www.coinjoinsudoku.com/). Financial privacy is one of the missing elements in the current financial industry both in crypto and fiat. The cheapest Swiss bank account costs $790,000USD to open.. plus you still won't get a higher level of privacy if you aren't a Swiss national and the same applies to Austrian accounts. If you think anon is a gimmick try selling that argument to the people saving millions a year on their taxes by using offshore Caymans/Swiss/Austrian accounts..

People who get in the ground floor or early levels of investment will go on to trade with the big players when the technology finds it's product/market-fit. The people that cash out early will stay in the lower investment bracket looking for quick pumps and dumps.
This could not have been said better...thanks!
Schild_

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:49:24 PM

I have 2 swiss bank account. Paid 0 to open them Smiley
Coolstoryteller

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 11:02:01 PM

Are you an American Citizen?

Schild_

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 11:06:43 PM

No! But what about Singapore, Cayman, Guernsay, or British Virgin Island etc, to take care of your money for free?
Coolstoryteller

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 11:11:36 PM

No! But what about Singapore, Cayman, Guernsay, or British Virgin Island etc, to take care of your money for free?

Andrew Henderson is one of the leaders in Nomad Capitalism. Feel free to follow him on Twitter https://twitter.com/nomadcapitalist/

http://nomadcapitalist.com/2014/04/04/numbered-offshore-bank-accounts-exist/

http://nomadcapitalist.com/2014/04/27/top-5-safest-countries-to-bank-offshore/

RW-Stott

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 12:04:12 AM

ShadowSend: More Information

Hey guys

We are pleased to inform you that our implementation of ShadowSend (which uses dual-key stealth addresses) is a technological advance over current stealth address solutions such as those implemented in SX & DarkWallet.  To prove it, ShadowSend will be made open source upon release, and we have already sent the code to Peter Todd (the original visionary of stealth addresses), as we believe our version best fits his original vision.

ShadowSend Release Date: Thursday 8/7/14

Here's a demo video of ShadowSend: http://youtu.be/w-B1HuxNvFg

Here's my stealth address: smYhJ1oRg29nzCutHMXTaCNMm9NEVFh2y5i2QCzr4rNnjX9UdK5R7mT1c3P5S91du6hrjiY6WoA2yij mimYiNP73o49K6caLvwS3jj

The reason the address above is so long, is because it is a dual-key stealth address.  For more information on dual-key stealth addresses, see: https://wiki.unsystem.net/en/index.php/DarkWallet/Stealth#Dual-key_stealth

To understand stealth addresses better, please have a look at the following illustration:

We'd like to give a special thanks to Peter Todd, for his white paper on stealth addresses: http://sourceforge.net/p/bitcoin/mailman/message/31813471/

As well as DarkWallet for all the information on stealth addresses at: https://wiki.unsystem.net/en/index.php/DarkWallet/Stealth

LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 12:34:24 AM

So. Prominent use of Peter Todd's name to hype the coin. Did anyone check with him first?

For a coin that is supposed to be about anon, maybe respecting that sort of thing might be an idea?

LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 12:45:19 AM
Last edit: August 07, 2014, 01:10:28 AM by LongAndShort

So. Prominent use of Peter Todd's name to hype the coin. Did anyone check with him first?

For a coin that is supposed to be about anon, maybe respecting that sort of thing might be an idea?

Peter Todd is mentioned on the stealth address wiki http://sx.dyne.org/stealth.html. I'm not sure where you are trying to go with that statement. I don't think the coin needs hype the technology and hard work the devs are putting in is speaking for it.

Peter Todd's name is used repeatedly in the last dev "update".  Maybe the coin does not need the hype. Apparently the devs feel differently.

And my original point remains. Very bad form to use such a high profile name without consent.

Hmm, yeah I still don't see your point. The first mention is giving him credit, "Peter Todd (the original visionary of stealth addresses)" and the second is to thank him for his white paper contribution. One of the prime components for ShadowSend is a direct product of Peter Todd's work in the area.. maybe I'm missing something here..

So according to your logic, it is better to use someone's idea and then ask them permission to give them credit?

Seriously? Have you ever written any type of academic or scholarly paper (I'm guessing no)? Because if you use someone else's idea without citing them & giving them credit, that's called plagiarism. Same rules apply here.

Hahahahaha! Do you really believe such a thing as LAW matters in this altcoin world?
Apparently, it looks like hitting a man under the belt is 100% accepted, so there is no such things as honor or law in the crypto world.

No, more seriously, I'm sure he was giving Peter Todd some credit just because he admires the work. Nothing wrong to be seen there.

"The modern concept of plagiarism as immoral and originality as an ideal emerged in Europe only in the 18th century"
"Although plagiarism in some contexts is considered theft or stealing, the concept does not exist in a legal sense. "Plagiarism" is not mentioned in any current statute, either criminal or civil." -wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plagiarism

Lawless altcoin world? Heard of Coinye?
http://www.coindesk.com/kanye-west-sues-coinye-altcoin-oblivion/

Do you ever read or do you just react to everything without a single legible thought? I need to know.
I do agree however it is the wild west still and somewhat still pretty bad in some parts but that is no reason to be
so rigid as to tar everything alt coin with the same brush over and over just because someone else fucked up in some way.

Being flexible and understanding and rational about this space will win you brownie points with the majority of the community and with me.

Btw i think we have established you are dubious about the dev and the coin. Do we really need to see you project it on every recent page of this thread? Its kinda getting annoying to me because i actually read/scan every post in the threads i comment on so that i have at least some idea of what i'm talking about.
cryptoholic11

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 01:26:48 AM

By that logic, every altcoin plagiarized BTC. I dont think plagiarism applies to open source technology, and would you rather have rynomster not give credit to Peter Todd? Are you kidding me? Most coins take ideas from other coins and developers but never give them the credit. Rynomster and SDC devs actually give credit, and you guys are crying foul?

longgege123456

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 01:32:16 AM

Saffron is a pile of shit We look forward to the development get up early release on condition of anonymity We will to the moon
Coin_Viking

Activity: 111

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 01:43:06 AM

By that logic, every altcoin plagiarized BTC. I dont think plagiarism applies to open source technology, and would you rather have rynomster not give credit to Peter Todd? Are you kidding me? Most coins take ideas from other coins and developers but never give them the credit. Rynomster and SDC devs actually give credit, and you guys are crying foul?

Found that odd as well. They gave credit where credit is due, that's the proper thing to do. 
sdcoin (OP)

Activity: 129

Leave nothing but a shadow.

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 01:54:13 AM

Hey guys,

Just wanted to give an update: we will be releasing ShadowSend at 10AM EST tomorrow (8/7).  

rynomster

Coolstoryteller

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 02:14:59 AM

Hey guys,

Just wanted to give an update: we will be releasing ShadowSend at 10AM EST tomorrow (8/7).  

rynomster

backdoorboy

Activity: 64

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 02:15:18 AM

Hey guys,

rynomster

brilliant news
cryptoholic11

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 02:26:00 AM

Saffron is a pile of shit We look forward to the development get up early release on condition of anonymity We will to the moon

First of all why are you talking and bashing about other coins on this thread. Second of all do your research on SFR and if you have something constructive to say, PM the devs or talk to them on the IRC and they will work on whatever issue you think the coin has. Dont just spread baseless bs about coins, especially on other  threads. This is SDC thread.

cryptoholic11

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 02:30:59 AM

Hey guys,

rynomster

In other news...SDC is the real deal!

HoldTheLine

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 02:33:37 AM

Hey guys,

rynomster

brilliant news

Queue the slow and steady buy ins from the big boys ;-)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 97 »
  Print  

Jump to: