Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:57:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dell.com now accepts bitcoin!  (Read 5575 times)
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 06:19:39 PM

Dell's accepting? MAJOR victory for cryptos right here!

It actually makes me very happy to see Dell accepting Bitcoin, and it shows how easy it is for big companies to start accepting it. Now if only more and more companies could start following in it's wake...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
silversmith (OP)

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 06:39:17 PM

BTC up 1% on the dell news!
PolarPoint

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 06:39:38 PM

This is unreal! Dell is the world's 5th largest computer manufacturer and they are now taking bitcoin! This is totally unexpected. eBay/PayPal should learn from them, don't talk about it, just do it!  Wink
ezimedia

Activity: 212

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 06:56:34 PM

This is great news and it will mean we will see a lot more companies large and small now start to accept bitcoin.... we should see the price go up in the coming months...

Share this news on twitter and Fb if you can....

Vericoins Here = VXCBhfbtwJDxnnQQRpUcpKKMwcsVGsT1AJ
LetsTalkBitcoin: http://ecoinincome.com.au/LetsTalkBitCoin.php
adoni

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 07:00:52 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2014, 03:19:09 AM by adoni

Mikey Dell haha

dserrano5
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 07:54:52 PM

To be completely honest, Bitcoin getting accepted by more and more companies would not increase the price, if anything the price would decrease more since those companies immediately sell any bitcoins they acquire from users buying their products...

They would be able to sell bitcoins because those bitcoins would have been previously bought by Dell's customers. So no downwards pressure.
celestio

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 08:07:59 PM

To be completely honest, Bitcoin getting accepted by more and more companies would not increase the price, if anything the price would decrease more since those companies immediately sell any bitcoins they acquire from users buying their products...

They would be able to sell bitcoins because those bitcoins would have been previously bought by Dell's customers. So no downwards pressure.

Not if those Dell's customers were bagholders...Which I suspect, many many people are after the November Bull Run.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
fragout
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 08:09:03 PM

I dont get it. Why is btc price dropping again? . I thought this would be great news + they were offering a 10% discount if you pay with bitcoin which would in theory get people who were in the process of buying from Dell anyway buy BTC first and pay that way ??
confused
dserrano5
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 08:09:59 PM

Not if those Dell's customers were bagholders...Which I suspect, many many people are after the November Bull Run.

If they didn't sell the bag on the markets, why would they use it to buy hardware?
celestio

Activity: 770

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 08:11:04 PM

If they didn't sell the bag on the markets, why would they use it to buy hardware?

True, but these type of news actually tend to decrease the price.

But then again, why would someone buy BTC just to buy products online that they could of bought more easily with Fiat?

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
Yakamoto
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 08:16:08 PM

True, but these type of news actually tend to decrease the price.

But then again, why would someone buy BTC just to buy products online that they could of bought more easily with Fiat?
Well, they wouldn't buy it unless they had a reason, which might just very well be that they want an "anonymous" transaction. (Yes I know BTC is pseudoanonymous)

There also is the 10% discount, so the discount probably outweighs the fees require to buy BTC. You can save up to $150, and I doubt BTC buying fees would be that high, so it does have it's advantages.
rohnearner

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 08:18:55 PM

I dont get it. Why is btc price dropping again? . I thought this would be great news + they were offering a 10% discount if you pay with bitcoin which would in theory get people who were in the process of buying from Dell anyway buy BTC first and pay that way ??
confused
I'm On the same page I was expecting it to go around 650 tonight  , But I'll wait for few more hours before making any opinion about it, because its weekend and we might see a price rise on Monday morning or maybe earlier. In recent times adoptions from big companies hasn't made any huge Impact on price , whether we talk about Expedia , newegg or others, but they can't ignore it for longer. Can they its all building up?  

rgm108

Activity: 274

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 08:29:52 PM

Wow. First NewEgg and now Dell. That is pretty amazing. It's catching on now. Coinbase must have a good sales team.

They simply have technology that sells itsef  Grin

SPECTRE                ▄▄███▄▄
            ▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
▄▄      ▄▄███▀▀ ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀███▄▄      ▄▄
████▄▄  ▀▀▀ ▄▄███████████▄▄ ▀▀▀  ▄▄████
  ▀▀████▄    ▀▀█████████▀▀    ▄████▀▀
 ██▄▄ ▀██ █▄▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█ ██▀ ▄▄██
 ▀▀███ ██ █████▄       ▄█████ ██ ███▀▀
     ██ ███████▄   ▄███████ ██
       ██ ████████   ████████ ██
       ██▄▄ ▀▀████   ████▀▀ ▄▄██
        ▀▀███▄▄ ▀▀   ▀▀ ▄▄███▀▀
            ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
                ▀▀███▀▀
            │
     │      ███
     │      ███
    │    ███
███  │    ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███     │
███ ███     │
    │

▬▬     WHITEPAPER    ▬▬
FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM
TWITTER     SLACK     MEDIUM
PRE-SALE.
PUBLIC SALE.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 09:19:41 PM

Wow. First NewEgg and now Dell. That is pretty amazing. It's catching on now. Coinbase must have a good sales team.
Apple is going to be forced to accept it or they will lose market share to dell and other tech businesses. Hurry up apple! Lol

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Yakamoto
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 09:37:37 PM

Apple is going to be forced to accept it or they will lose market share to dell and other tech businesses. Hurry up apple! Lol
Apple might be really slow getting to it, if they are they'll blame it on anything they can.

Although, if Apple starts accepting it, chances are Sony/Samsung/Google will have to start accepting it to compete with Apple, or lose a part of their market, and then other places will have to start accepting Bitcoin to compete, etc.

So we are seeing the slow rise of Bitcoin being accepted in LOTS of places. Makes me quite happy Smiley
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 09:43:44 PM

apple likes playing and negotiating on their own terms.. which is why i think they might not accept bitcoin until or unless it's absolutely necessary - it's because they can't control it.
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 10:06:34 PM

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the first Fortune 100 company to accept transactions in bitcoin isn't it? Next stop, top 50! Anyone thinks this has any impact on possible retail acceptance?

By the way, can someone clarify if we're able to buy stuff from Dell's subsidiaries in BTC?
slaveforanunnak1

Activity: 743
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 10:11:20 PM

another one bytes the dust, and another one and another one, and anotherone bytes the dust!
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 10:11:55 PM

How many of you still use Dell Computers?   I have them for my company, but I stopped using Dell computers a long time ago.  They were always pretty reliable, but never to aesthetically pleasing (I know that shouldn't matter all that much in a laptop selection).  

In terms of Ultra Books at least, I feel like Acer and Asus (for PC) have far surpassed them, but Dell still has the big-time name recognition that will help with bringing BTC to the mainstream.

Maybe Apple will follow suit?   haha jk
santaClause

Activity: 183

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 10:22:44 PM

apple likes playing and negotiating on their own terms.. which is why i think they might not accept bitcoin until or unless it's absolutely necessary - it's because they can't control it.
I think that apple will try to get bitpay or coinbase to lower their price for processing bitcon payments for them before they will start accepting bitcoin
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: