Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:53:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] 2013 Casascius 0.5 "Half" Bitcoin "Right off the Roll" Make ANY offer!!  (Read 4266 times)
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 05:19:26 AM

We were moving offices and for some reason I peeled off the hologram of EVERY coin and redeemed the private keys I dont know why I did it. I may have been in a mood to condense my Bitcoin into 1 spot and I literally sat there for two goddam hours redeeming those coins.

Oh my.
I'm so sorry..

I know, if I hadn't done that, I could easily have sold those for 180 BTC total.

Goddam it

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
elianite
Legendary

Activity: 1378
Merit: 1137

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 05:26:07 AM

We were moving offices and for some reason I peeled off the hologram of EVERY coin and redeemed the private keys I dont know why I did it. I may have been in a mood to condense my Bitcoin into 1 spot and I literally sat there for two goddam hours redeeming those coins.

Oh my.
I'm so sorry..

I know, if I hadn't done that, I could easily have sold those for 180 BTC total.

Goddam it

This is one of those stories for the ages that will be told for generations in your family, and be mentioned in history books about the coins.

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
wafdawg

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 12:20:09 PM

Ok, from now on we agree to get people to spend Casascius coins like we try to get anyone to use BTC. None of us will set the example, of course, but keep the chatter to a minimum.

Great. See you all in 20 years when we're the only ones with these good coins left.

Hehe, I think the time for that has passed. It is important to realize that it DID happen; but they say, 'a month is years in Bitcoin'. When the coins came out, they were worth about $5 each and many people gave them as casual gifts, gave them to a friend in return for buying lunch, kept them in their wallet with other coins as a curiosity, etc. over half of some coins have been redeemed, mostly being done early on. That time is now passed, and what is left will only increase in value.

In september I bought a roll of coins and some asics. In under a year the coins have doubled in value and the asics have led to a 7TH+ farm.

I feel you there...I keep buying physicals and miners too!  I wonder when Bitcoin Anonymous will start up and help us folks with our addictions  Undecided

Theres a day in my life Ill never forget.

I had a roll of 60x 2011 error coins, back in 2012. This was back when Bitcoin was around $13.

These coins were literally hanging around our office, on everyones desks, we'd give them away, throw them around, whatever

I felt so satisfied after, like 'Yes, now my Bitcoin is all in a wallet together'

FML

We all have these FML moments.  Back in 2007/2008 or 09, can't really remember - I bought 115 shares of Apple @ less than $90 a share; also bought 700 shares of ARMH (like Intel, chips for mobile devices) @ less than 5 and flash crash scared me out of all my stocks. I wound up with profits but it could've been 10 times as much, maybe more even. I bought Visa when it IPO'd for like $50 ish....I dabbled in penny stocks where I was sitting on a 700% gain on Washington Mutual stocks but held too long and the bottom fell out.  Then I hopped into silver beginning of 2011 when it was going parabolic only to see it crash....but in hindsight that was a valuable lesson as I live my life completely different now as I no longer hold the traditional viewpoint of what is money. It was an eye opener. But yeah, 60x 2011 error coins, that one is right up there....

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
zipmaster

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 12:58:36 PM

Look at the bright side. You have 60 BTC!
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 01:07:22 PM

Ok, from now on we agree to get people to spend Casascius coins like we try to get anyone to use BTC. None of us will set the example, of course, but keep the chatter to a minimum.

Great. See you all in 20 years when we're the only ones with these good coins left.

Hehe, I think the time for that has passed. It is important to realize that it DID happen; but they say, 'a month is years in Bitcoin'. When the coins came out, they were worth about $5 each and many people gave them as casual gifts, gave them to a friend in return for buying lunch, kept them in their wallet with other coins as a curiosity, etc. over half of some coins have been redeemed, mostly being done early on. That time is now passed, and what is left will only increase in value.

In september I bought a roll of coins and some asics. In under a year the coins have doubled in value and the asics have led to a 7TH+ farm.

I feel you there...I keep buying physicals and miners too!  I wonder when Bitcoin Anonymous will start up and help us folks with our addictions  Undecided

Theres a day in my life Ill never forget.

I had a roll of 60x 2011 error coins, back in 2012. This was back when Bitcoin was around $13.

These coins were literally hanging around our office, on everyones desks, we'd give them away, throw them around, whatever

I felt so satisfied after, like 'Yes, now my Bitcoin is all in a wallet together'

FML

We all have these FML moments.  Back in 2007/2008 or 09, can't really remember - I bought 115 shares of Apple @ less than $90 a share; also bought 700 shares of ARMH (like Intel, chips for mobile devices) @ less than 5 and flash crash scared me out of all my stocks. I wound up with profits but it could've been 10 times as much, maybe more even. I bought Visa when it IPO'd for like $50 ish....I dabbled in penny stocks where I was sitting on a 700% gain on Washington Mutual stocks but held too long and the bottom fell out.  Then I hopped into silver beginning of 2011 when it was going parabolic only to see it crash....but in hindsight that was a valuable lesson as I live my life completely different now as I no longer hold the traditional viewpoint of what is money. It was an eye opener. But yeah, 60x 2011 error coins, that one is right up there....

This is why I dont day trade BTC. Im just holding for years to come, buy on the lows and sell on the highs a little a long the way

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 03:38:45 PM

"Lowball me" How about 3 for 1.8BTC  Tongue
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 03:47:19 PM

"Lowball me" How about 3 for 1.8BTC  Tongue

Please tell me your joking!  Shocked

Way too high.  I would offer 0.55 BTC!  Tongue
cyclops
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 03:58:24 PM

"Lowball me" How about 3 for 1.8BTC  Tongue

May I join you and have 4 for 2.2? Cheesy
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 04:01:00 PM

lol Casascius vultures all over these boards!
jcoin200

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 04:30:05 PM

Lowball offer: 2 for 1.1BTC
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 04:31:24 PM

The lowest I will go is 2 for 1.39BTC

nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582

Well hello there!

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 02:18:29 AM

pm sent

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 09:42:24 AM

What a shame Cry

There is one positive aspect though:You where testing and verifying that Mikes's private key generator works flawless.

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 12:29:08 PM

Bump!

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: