Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:34:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoiners Say They Vote Libertarian  (Read 1942 times)
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 03:46:53 PM

I think we are in desperate need of some politicians that are in the middle.   Even though politics is pretty much like WWE wrestling (where they pretend to hate each other on TV but then are buddies behind the scenes).   In the United States at least, I feel like the country needs to be run more like a business than a charity (which seems to be more of a republican view).   But I can't stand all of the super conservative views that they are touting all the time.   Therefore we need someone in the middle.   

This is mainly because we are given the illusion of a free country, but we really don't get to vote (or even get a voice) on anything of real importance. 

I think America is primed for a 3rd party. The Republicans have been working on using propaganda to create a 3rd party group that will vote for them, but now the Green Party and people that want the money out of politics are filling the void that made those people fall for the Republicans 3rd party tricks. So now that fake 3rd party (the Tea Party) can become a true 3rd party. They just have to realize, guns AND safety, Marijuana AND Pharmaceuticals, etc

oceans

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 07:05:26 PM

I would consider myself a Libertarian, but I feel sometimes none of the parties are doing what we should be.
Most of the time I agree with the right, but sometimes I'm right in the middle. I like having less government
peering over my shoulder every time we make a move. We'll see from a political stand point who is using bitcoin.
I think were seeing people from all walks of life tho. Some people look at bitcoin as a stock market almost. It
just another way to invest for some. On the other other hand there is some guy selling drugs or other illegal
products. There is a pretty diverse amount of people using bitcoin.
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 07:25:15 PM

I would consider myself a Libertarian, but I feel sometimes none of the parties are doing what we should be.
Most of the time I agree with the right, but sometimes I'm right in the middle. I like having less government
peering over my shoulder every time we make a move. We'll see from a political stand point who is using bitcoin.
I think were seeing people from all walks of life tho. Some people look at bitcoin as a stock market almost. It
just another way to invest for some. On the other other hand there is some guy selling drugs or other illegal
products. There is a pretty diverse amount of people using bitcoin.
That is why everyone should tweet @FoxNews
Because maybe they will eventually realize they need to pander to Bitcoiners.

joshraban76

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 10:26:09 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2014, 02:48:51 AM by joshraban76

They just have to realize, guns AND safety, Marijuana AND Pharmaceuticals, etc

Can you elaborate on the first part here. There is a line where your "safety" infringes on my rights to keep and bear arms. I am not saying that gun safety programs like maybe free classes on how to secure, load, carry, use your firearm but to call things like NYS safe act a gun safety program is laughable. Where exactly were you going with that statement?

\   \  \ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤//////////////// /  /   /
Win88.me ❖ Fair, Trusted Online BTC Gambling ❖
/   /  / ////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \  \   \
Argwai96
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Thug for life!

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 10:34:06 PM

Does FOX news know this? Does anyone know this besides Bitcoiners???

Tweet
@FoxNews
BITCOINERS VOTE LIBERTARIAN

Yeah, about that. I don't vote, and I don't support the Libertarian party. Obviously no generalization would stick anyway, but I'm sure many of us are pretty anti-political.
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 11:13:16 PM

They just have to realize, guns AND safety, Marijuana AND Pharmaceuticals, etc

Can you elaborate on the first part here. There is a line where your "safety" infringes on my rights to keep and bear arms. I am not saying that gun safety programs like maybe free classes on how to secure, load, carry, use your firearm but to call things like NYS safe act a gun safety program is laughable. Where exactly were you going with that statement?

"Safety" like making sure that people that are crazy don't own guns. We all seem to agree Felons shouldn't have them, I don't see anyone trying to overturn those laws.

Then there is the fact that the Bill of rights was written in the 1700s, and just like Motorized cars, Semi-Automatic guns and Assault Rifles did not exist back then. They had horse drawn carts, and single fire muskets. We make people get licenses to drive a car, why not to shoot an assault rifle?

Just some random things that are not really a big deal as far as infringing on rights. Since these things are not normal situations.

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 11:16:27 PM

Tweet
@FoxNews

Yeah, about that. I don't vote, and I don't support the Libertarian party. Obviously no generalization would stick anyway, but I'm sure many of us are pretty anti-political.

Either way, letting the media know that there is a group of potential voters that are libertarian might make them want to pander to them in the coming election in 2 years.

scarsbergholden

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 11:24:17 PM

Tweet
@FoxNews

Either way, letting the media know that there is a group of potential voters that are libertarian might make them want to pander to them in the coming election in 2 years.

Really? I highly doubt that, but maybe I have become cynical. Okay, so if so, what would be accomplished by said pandering? Smiley

forevernoob

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 01:41:45 AM

we need to stop labeling things! I'm not a democrat! i'm not a republican! i'm not green, i'm not a Libertarian! Im a person with a brain! i pick good ideas from many of the previously listed gangs and make my own political ideology

I agree to some extent, but the problem is that some people might feel oppressed by the smallest bit of authority.
So unless you are a hardcore anarchist you are going to piss people off with your vote.

For example if I where to call myself "left libertarian" how would that work? I can't force people to pay taxes since that would be against the "non-agression princple".
So basically what I'm trying to say is: It's really hard to make everyone happy when you have government.

AliceWonder

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 01:48:33 AM

I vote for the man or woman that I feel is best suited for the job.

I will not vote for someone who is opposed to gay marriage
I will not vote for someone (at the state level) who is opposed to protection of the Gray Wolves that are returning to California
I will not vote for someone who mixes their religion with politics

Now if there is only one candidate left - I may leave it blank if that candidate creeps me out for other reasons.

Political party though doesn't mean sh*t to me. Every party has people I despise.

QuarkCoin - what I believe bitcoin was intended to be. On reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/
joshraban76

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 03:07:09 AM

Then there is the fact that the Bill of rights was written in the 1700s, and just like Motorized cars, Semi-Automatic guns and Assault Rifles did not exist back then. They had horse drawn carts, and single fire muskets. We make people get licenses to drive a car, why not to shoot an assault rifle?

Just some random things that are not really a big deal as far as infringing on rights. Since these things are not normal situations.
Since the 2nd amendment was written so long ago and the founders could have never imagined that more technological weapons could be created. Would you also agree that the first amendment is also outdated? Since at the time freedom of press refereed to the printing press and not the internet and Television.

You see I am a firm believer that our founding fathers never had any intention of promising or guaranteeing  security, or safety. If they did wouldn't it have been in the bill of rights? What they did promise was freedom and liberty and the overreaching gun control that is touted over and over is neither IMO.

I personally feel that the problem is not guns at all. I feel it is the lack of mental hospitals and treatment facilities. Take a look and see how many of these have closed over the last 20 years. Its hundreds if not thousands. Did they think that closing them was just going to solve the issue of mental illness? Nope but they know that the damage these people do in public costs less money then to institutionalize them. I will leave you with this. Think about all those hospitals that closed down. I can name 5 just in NY. Where did all the patients go? They didn't just get better

\   \  \ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤//////////////// /  /   /
Win88.me ❖ Fair, Trusted Online BTC Gambling ❖
/   /  / ////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \  \   \
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: