Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 04:51:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New type of exchange? Would it work?  (Read 833 times)
nkocevar (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 05:17:48 PM

I was thinking of this a bit of go, and it just struck me that it could be possible. What if one were to create a bitcoin exchange that only deals in high volume bitcoin trades, such as those in excess of 10 BTC. This exchange could be a place in which people go who have a large amount of bitcoins, or cash, and are looking to exchange a high volume, instantly, instead of having to wait at a normal exchange.... Would this kind of exchange work and would it be used?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 05:23:12 PM

I was thinking of this a bit of go, and it just struck me that it could be possible. What if one were to create a bitcoin exchange that only deals in high volume bitcoin trades, such as those in excess of 10 BTC. This exchange could be a place in which people go who have a large amount of bitcoins, or cash, and are looking to exchange a high volume, instantly, instead of having to wait at a normal exchange.... Would this kind of exchange work and would it be used?
https://www.secondmarket.com/bitcoin-trading
nkocevar (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 05:24:53 PM

Why must everyone always have made my ideas xD

CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 05:30:29 PM

because your first 1000 ideas won't work or already exist.  the 1001 idea is what you are after.
Keep at it!! Smiley
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 06:49:57 PM

because your first 1000 ideas won't work or already exist.  the 1001 idea is what you are after.
Keep at it!! Smiley

There are those that thunk it... and then there are those that build it.

Who would've thunk? Hell, nail two normal-sized pallets together and hang them from a tree to made a hammock.

EDIT: Gulp! Damn them bastards!

odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3200

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 08:27:25 PM

If someone that wants to make a large trade on a normal exchange has to wait, they would have to wait even longer to make the trade on your new exchange.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 08:37:25 PM

minimum transaction size: 25 BTC

Arbitrage should be fun using this exchange, I'd want to see the quotes but can't find any chart in the website.
DjPxH

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 09:45:13 PM

minimum transaction size: 25 BTC

Arbitrage should be fun using this exchange, I'd want to see the quotes but can't find any chart in the website.

That truly is a rpietila exchange! With the sole exception that rpietila never sells any bitcoins. He just accumulates and becomes wealthier and wealthier by the minute.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: