Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Banned  (Read 1419 times)
amarel (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 07:25:12 AM

Hello.My profile is gofoter- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=228696 and I was banned but it doesn't show me for how long.I'd like to know that.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EFS
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 2068

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 07:50:35 AM

You are banned permanently. This account could be banned due to ban evasion.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
stiglitz

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 08:19:34 AM

What is the reason you ban him?
Mobius7

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 09:11:05 AM

What is the reason you ban him?

I guess it is for "insubstantial posts with sig ad", which has been the ban reason for quite a few accounts in the past. Smiley

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 10:14:22 AM

It doesn't show an expiration because there isn't one. Your posts are terrible even after a previous ban so no point in delaying the inevitable.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
amarel (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 11:47:21 AM

Wow,and why should my account be banned permanently?Seriously,isn't there something that can be done,I really value my account.And what's the problem with the signature campaign?It's not like I'm the only one using one and also there are a lot of other accounts who make such posts.And I even don't spam-in the last month I've made about 53 posts-is that spam?Seriously,I'd be very grateful if this can be made temporary.A person spends time building an account,has no negative intentions and this happens.I want one last chance-I've been here since a long time and my account is really valuable to me.
amarel (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 12:19:41 PM

Guys,I really want my account.I know you can make a change.Seriously I need it!If I have I will change the way I write the posts but I want my account!
Relnarien

Activity: 399
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 08:41:10 AM

Wow,and why should my account be banned permanently?Seriously,isn't there something that can be done,I really value my account.And what's the problem with the signature campaign?It's not like I'm the only one using one and also there are a lot of other accounts who make such posts.And I even don't spam-in the last month I've made about 53 posts-is that spam?Seriously,I'd be very grateful if this can be made temporary.A person spends time building an account,has no negative intentions and this happens.I want one last chance-I've been here since a long time and my account is really valuable to me.

Spamming is not only about quantity, but also quality. A significant number of your posts are extremely lacking in quality. They read more like text messages sent between two 12-year old girls rather than educated and informed responses stemming from a passable, if not deep, insight of the various topics discussed. In fact, if I were to ask any kid I know to post on the board, and that kid knew absolutely nothing about Bitcoin, I would bet that his/her posts would more or less resemble most of your posts.

Now you may ask, "why was I singled out?" Well, it's because you're participating in a signature campaign. As it currently stands, a lot of users abuse the existing signature campaigns by spamming the board with one-liners and trivial responses. Obviously, that hurts the reputation of a forum committed to helping disseminate accurate information about Bitcoin. (It also taints the integrity of an honest signature campaign, but the mods don't work for the campaign runners, so that's a moot point.) It may not have been your intent to "spam," but that hardly matters, as intent is not something that you can prove nor present as consolation for any harm that your actions may have caused. Maybe you were spamming on purpose, maybe you weren't. No one knows but you. All that matters is that your posts brought up red flags, and those were enough to justify banning your account for spamming.

I've also noticed that you've started to post on threads casually again using that account. That's ban evading, and it doesn't really help your case.
designerusa
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1028

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 09:48:58 AM

I'm sure you deserved it.
cech4204a

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

12CDKyxPyL5Rj28ed2yz5czJf3Dr2ZvEYw

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 10:31:22 AM

Well looking at your posts i have a feeling that you spammed a lot of topics, but i don't understand why did they ban you without a warning. I think you should be first warned and than you have one more chance to improve your actions. If you were warned about it...well that's the answer than. And good luck with your new account and don't be silly again to spam.

Bitcoin is DEAD
EFS
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 2068

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 10:34:12 AM

Well looking at your posts i have a feeling that you spammed a lot of topics, but i don't understand why did they ban you without a warning. I think you should be first warned and than you have one more chance to improve your actions. If you were warned about it...well that's the answer than. And good luck with your new account and don't be silly again to spam.

He was already banned for 2 weeks before permanent ban.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
amarel (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 11:45:53 AM

Ok guys,but I want one last chance.Why should my account be banned permanently when I'm not a spammer-I am telling you absolutely sincerely that I'm not here with that intentions and I have my account for enough time to prove it.I want one more chance because I feel I deserve it.If not,I will be really discouraged.
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 11:52:56 AM

Ok guys,but I want one last chance.Why should my account be banned permanently when I'm not a spammer-I am telling you absolutely sincerely that I'm not here with that intentions and I have my account for enough time to prove it.I want one more chance because I feel I deserve it.If not,I will be really discouraged.

Because you "want" and you "feel" you deserve it? How so, please explain?

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
amarel (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 12:02:07 PM

Because I really want to contribute to the community and the account is valuable to me.
KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 12:04:18 PM

Because I really want to contribute to the community and the account is valuable to me.

And you abused it continually. I don't see any reason you should be entitled to more chances. You didn't learn from the previous one.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
amarel (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 12:13:13 PM

Look,I know it looks like this and I know I've made a mistake but I want just one more chance.Nothing more.If this happens again I will be the first one to tell that my account should be banned.But that is all I want.Please understand me.I promise I will really change  the way I write and I will no longer make this insubstantial posts.But the account means a lot to me,as well as this community,believe me.I am not somebody who doesn't care at all.
Xch4ng3

Activity: 661
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 12:14:56 PM

You should really discuss it with the staff member who banned you, there's not much we can do and any decision made would be solely up to them. Remember a forum is not a democracy, when you're on there you abide by the site owners rules.

[AUTOBUY] [CHEAP] $2 Account Shop -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4611147
KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 12:16:13 PM

Look,I know it looks like this and I know I've made a mistake but I want just one more chance.nothing more.If this happens again I will be the first one to tell that my account should be banned.But that is all I want.Please understand me.I promise I will really change  the way I write and I will no longer make this insubstantial posts.But the account means a lot to me,as well as this community,believe me.I am not somebody who doesn't care at all.

Obviously, if you really cared, you wouldn't be in this position again. So no, I don't believe you.

Albert Einstein
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2607

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 12:17:49 PM

Look,I know it looks like this and I know I've made a mistake but I want just one more chance.nothing more.If this happens again I will be the first one to tell that my account should be banned.But that is all I want.Please understand me.I promise I will really change  the way I write and I will no longer make this insubstantial posts.But the account means a lot to me,as well as this community,believe me.I am not somebody who doesn't care at all.
Why should you be an exception? You've gotten your warning when you received a temp ban, yet you didn't listen. If you want your account back, send an email to the email address shown on the ban note with an appeal. If theymos decides the ban should be lifted, he will.

BTW, a ban in here means that not only your account but you, as an individual, has been banned from these forums.

amarel (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 12:20:53 PM

Well,ok then,I will send a letter.But please don't be conclusive in your posts.Everything I've said is truth only.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: