Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:13:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2014-07-10] BitPay Releases Beta for Open-Source, Multi-Signature Bitcoin Walle  (Read 1302 times)
epere (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 02:45:09 AM

http://www.coindesk.com/bitpay-open-source-multi-signature-bitcoin-wallet/

Bitcoin payments processor BitPay has released the beta version of an open-source, multi-signature wallet service called Copay.

Copay aims to provide a solution to a central security issue posed by the use of a private key – that bitcoins can become compromised and stolen if someone fraudulently gains access to it. The issue has brought a lot of attention to multisig technology, with several notable companies in the ecosystem developing and releasing multisig wallets in recent months.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ThomasCrowne

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

★☆★ 777Coin - The Exciting Bitco

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 09:16:35 AM

http://www.coindesk.com/bitpay-open-source-multi-signature-bitcoin-wallet/

Bitcoin payments processor BitPay has released the beta version of an open-source, multi-signature wallet service called Copay.

Copay aims to provide a solution to a central security issue posed by the use of a private key – that bitcoins can become compromised and stolen if someone fraudulently gains access to it. The issue has brought a lot of attention to multisig technology, with several notable companies in the ecosystem developing and releasing multisig wallets in recent months.
Sounds like bitcointalk will be able to get rid of the entire |Group Buy| set of thread(s) here pretty soon with any luck Wink

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 04:59:32 PM

"Demand for multisig wallets is increasing considerably as block chain technology develops, consumer education becomes more widespread and questions of secure storage become more pertinent.

The need for such technology has long been argued by prominent members of the bitcoin community."

This is great for the evolution of Bitcoin security.  Smiley

medicine

Activity: 697
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 10:42:08 AM

"Demand for multisig wallets is increasing considerably as block chain technology develops, consumer education becomes more widespread and questions of secure storage become more pertinent.

The need for such technology has long been argued by prominent members of the bitcoin community."

This is great for the evolution of Bitcoin security.  Smiley
I downloaded the app today as did 2 of my other friends.  We have tried to create a multi sig wallet but cannot seem to join together on this.  We can access wallets we create ourselves but can't seem to join wallets others have created
Has anyone been successful with this yet?
Darude Sandstorm

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 02:22:35 PM

I think there really needs to be a wallet with several two-factor auth options, maybe even use a combination of several. It seems far too many people are falling victim to keyloggers and something needs to be done about this.

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 06:43:24 PM

I think there really needs to be a wallet with several two-factor auth options, maybe even use a combination of several. It seems far too many people are falling victim to keyloggers and something needs to be done about this.

If people were intelligent about what they clicked on and look at it a bit more closely they wouldn't fall victim to them, as of yet I have never been hacked from the outside by a key logger, I used to get the occasional virus when I was younger and didn't know what I was doing but honestly, the majority of the time it's just a case of don't click on weird links that look like they were posted by robots or have a dodgy/generic name etc. and don't download from untrustworthy sources.
Mr Tea

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 05:06:52 PM

USe linux and you should be safe from viruses. I think just being on this forum makes you a target for people to try and infect you somehow. You could always click a link on here that looks legit but has been sneakily altered slightly so nobody is 100% safe, but having your coins stored on a seperate computer from your main one you use to browse the internet is a good idea.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: