Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:45:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin and the Poor  (Read 1004 times)
all_out_of_bubblegum (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 12:53:45 PM

It must suck to be poor and new to the bitcoin world. Apparently it's against the "forum rules to _beg_" as it was put to me. However my post stated I would be grateful for any "donations" and the best advice on how to start out with fairly dated hardware and not buying in to get coins.

The my post was deleted by user/MOD "mprep".

Ashamed what society has really come to....

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=702171.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 01:03:58 PM

It must suck to be poor and new to the bitcoin world. Apparently it's against the "forum rules to _beg_" as it was put to me. However my post stated I would be grateful for any "donations" and the best advice on how to start out with fairly dated hardware and not buying in to get coins.

The my post was deleted by user/MOD "mprep".

Ashamed what society has really come to....

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=702171.0

I'm sorry for you , what is your current bitcoin address  ?
all_out_of_bubblegum (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 01:10:32 PM

I am extremely grateful for your offer. For the moment, I would ask instead that you please make others aware of the behavior of those that run and moderate this site forum to bring light of the fact that those that may have more than others and have been blessed do not forget and put down those that are not so fortunate and not blessed.

This is really more about the principal in which bitcoin was created by Satoshi for. To help the poor and those that are without.

Regards!
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 2607

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 02:24:18 PM

Begging/asking for donations (without any charitable cause and a huge reputation) is not allowed as per forum rules. I don't make them (although I do support them) - I just follow and enforce them. If begging was allowed, this place would be swarmed with useless threads like yours.

Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 02:29:19 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2014, 02:39:57 PM by Welsh

would ask instead that you please make others aware of the behavior of those that run and moderate this site forum

Regards!

What I would suggest instead of going into things with guns blazing is to actually contact the person who deleted/moved the thread. (I know he's already commented now) There is most likely a explanation in all cases which not many would disagree with. The moderators are normally spot on about things and if they aren't for what ever reason, they'll try to fix it. No problem is solved by screaming and shouting.

Of course, it's already been stated in your case that you were asking/begging for donations without any charitable cause.
thriftshopping

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 08:38:57 PM

Begging/asking for donations (without any charitable cause and a huge reputation) is not allowed as per forum rules. I don't make them (although I do support them) - I just follow and enforce them. If begging was allowed, this place would be swarmed with useless threads like yours.
I agree. As a person who lives in a big city who often gets asked for money by the homeless, I can say that getting begged for my is very annoying and most people do not like it.

This forum is designed to be a place that meaningful conversation can take place at. 
jambola2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 05:19:42 AM

Please tell us , why were you begging for Bitcoin ?

Most Newbie beggars are a bit more creative , they make lengthy sob stories on how they are screwed in real life ,how they bought bitcoins and lost them all gambling or how they are going to commit suicide because they don't have the bitcoins they need.

As mprep said earlier , there are a lot of legitimate charities active on this forum.
One prominent charitable cause is run by Dabs
There have been other campaigns for users to raise money for themselves , there has been a crowdfunding campaign to raise money for a DSLR for a professional photographer.

You need a legitimate cause before you can raise bitcoins and more importantly , you need to be well established in the community.

No longer active on bitcointalk, however, you can still reach me via PMs if needed.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: