Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:25:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: No satellite recording from missile launch flash.  (Read 2363 times)
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 07:39:50 PM

This missile is not like an Atlas being launched from the western seaboard of the US where 1/2 the West Coast of the US can see the missile, this is a smaller missile and the residual trail disperses fairly quickly.  Looking at the crash the skies above look partly cloudy with some atmospheric haze.  But yes no video has shown a trail.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
247crypto (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 09:40:38 PM

Flash is secondary, working radar is easy to see too. No radar detection from that area.

cryptofan5

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 10:48:08 PM

It makes me wonder where all the evidence the world was going to present point finger at the rebels?
FunnyHat43

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 12:37:33 AM

This missile is not like an Atlas being launched from the western seaboard of the US where 1/2 the West Coast of the US can see the missile, this is a smaller missile and the residual trail disperses fairly quickly.  Looking at the crash the skies above look partly cloudy with some atmospheric haze.  But yes no video has shown a trail.
If it only had to travel a few miles to hit it's target, that would decrease the chances of the missile being caught on camera (via satellite). I don't see a conspiracy here.
BTCmoons

Activity: 173

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 02:11:48 AM

Flash is secondary, working radar is easy to see too. No radar detection from that area.
I am pretty sure that radar is the way that intelligence sources were able to determine where the missile was launched from.
cryptofan5

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 04:01:15 AM

The thing is that nobody cares. Nobody will admit a mistake and say: we done it or that the rebels were not to blame.
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 09:53:43 AM

If it only had to travel a few miles to hit it's target, that would decrease the chances of the missile being caught on camera (via satellite). I don't see a conspiracy here.

Satellites' capabilities to detect missiles don't depend upon how slow or how far a missile would fly. They detect missile launches right at the start through infrared sensors.
247crypto (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:03:51 AM

Censored video from BBC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ8sjMWhl-4

http://vz.ru/society/2014/7/24/696996.html

DrG
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:57:51 AM

Satellites' capabilities to detect missiles don't depend upon how slow or how far a missile would fly. They detect missile launches right at the start through infrared sensors.

Infrared is virtually useless even on GEO when there is significant cloudcover or atmospherics that would disperse the signal.  The satellite typically switch to ground radar guided tracking when this happens and usually can track a projectile when it is 3-4 miles up - or at least that was the case 5 years ago - I don't know if they have newer technology now.
Schleicher

Activity: 675
Merit: 513

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 04:36:29 PM

Infrared is virtually useless even on GEO when there is significant cloudcover or atmospherics that would disperse the signal.  The satellite typically switch to ground radar guided tracking when this happens and usually can track a projectile when it is 3-4 miles up - or at least that was the case 5 years ago - I don't know if they have newer technology now.
Well, there's this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space-Based_Infrared_System
But I don't know if it can detect missiles this small

247crypto (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:11:09 PM

DrG
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 11:55:25 PM

Well, there's this:

SBIRS won't track small missiles like the BUK - it's made for tracking the silo based and heavy mobile platform based ICBMs.
wolfYella

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 02:15:08 AM

LOL

This looks pretty accurate as to what John Kerry is saying.

Although it is technically true, but Obama has done very poorly on the foreign policy side of things.
247crypto (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 05:52:13 PM

No other promises of that picture?

Tusk

Activity: 444
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 05:59:45 PM

Its Brilliant and should be tweeted!

https://twitter.com/TuskBilasimo/status/492449457272012800

From the ashes rises the Phoenix. Viva the block chain, Viva BitCoin!
tee-rex

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 06:16:51 PM

Well, there's this:

SBIRS won't track small missiles like the BUK - it's made for tracking the silo based and heavy mobile platform based ICBMs.

Don't know if this is a fake but here's a video captured in infrared by a meteorological satellite which allegedly shows the Ukrainian air defense launching a BUK missile at the Malaysian airliner in Eastern Ukraine (source is unknown):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlK83q86cD8
DrG
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 08:22:03 AM

Well, there's this:

Don't know if this is a fake but here's a video captured in infrared by a meteorological satellite which allegedly shows the Ukrainian air defense launching a BUK missile at the Malaysian airliner in Eastern Ukraine (source is unknown):

I would have to look at the crash videos a lot more but I remember seeing a lot more cloud cover on that day.  I can't what the zoom scale is or make out any landmarks.  That's a job for those conspiracy peeps  Wink
tee-rex

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 08:36:20 AM

Well, there's this:

I would have to look at the crash videos a lot more but I remember seeing a lot more cloud cover on that day.  I can't what the zoom scale is or make out any landmarks.  That's a job for those conspiracy peeps  Wink

My point was that satellite infrared sensors can capture smaller missile launches given suitable atmospheric conditions, if of course this video was not an ICBM launch. Wink
DrG
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 09:46:01 AM

Well, there's this:

My point was that satellite infrared sensors can capture smaller missile launches given suitable atmospheric conditions, if of course this video was not an ICBM launch. Wink

Oh I know they can record it.  What I was discussing is the automated relay certain satellites can do to NORAD.  My dad initially worked on FAADC2I (later FAADC3I) and then went on into satellite work with NG - while this is nowhere near my line of work as a physician I did read up on it quite a bit.

Thermal IR imaginery has a granularity of about 1/3 that of optics currently, so whatever can be defined by an optical eye has to be 3x larger for an IR eye to see.  a BUK can easily be seen, but having the system automatically note it a missile launch detect is something else. 
247crypto (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 10:13:21 AM

On the ground and on vehicle remain burned fuel. Where is that point? Why Ukrainians show not "clean vehicles"? Radars of BUK-M1 are easy to find during work.

No proofs.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: