Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:45:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should this thread get stickied?
Yes - 127 (85.8%)
No - 13 (8.8%)
I don't know / Not sure - 8 (5.4%)
Total Voters: 148

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Unofficial list of (official) Bitcointalk.org rules, guidelines, FAQ  (Read 916222 times)
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 05:14:23 PM

Is making consecutive posts acceptable?
There was a discussion on this here, but I would like this to be clarified.

An example is this thread
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1066885.1780

The last 100+ posts have been made by the same user.
Multiple posts in a single day....

That's fucking ridiculous. He has over 250 posts all in a row talking to no one but himself and he's already nearly made ten posts today alone. It's clear nobody is interested in his tips and is likely only doing it for signature payment but there's no reason why the daily updates can't all be in one post. I've notified Marco but at the very least I reckon it's spam and violates the one bump per 24 hour rule but not sure how that should be handled as there's a major clean up needed. I've asked the admins for clarification on double/multi-posting but in my opinion it's blatant spam and completely unnecessary (and same goes for others double/triple/quadruple posting when there's no apparent need for it).

Did we get clarifications from the admin on multi-posting?
That thread continues to grow (25 posts from him yesterday)...

Since bans have been issued for multiple posting, shouldn't this be explicitly added to the list?
We can always direct further questions to the list, if they arise.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
capcher

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

This user is currently ignored.

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 07:31:20 PM

Came across a list of rules on avatar by theymos: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1011789.msg10977206#msg10977206

Should this be added?
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 08:53:17 PM

Came across a list of rules on avatar by theymos: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1011789.msg10977206#msg10977206

Should this be added?

I thought there was already a simplified version of it here... guess not.
so yeah, adding that would be a good idea. and the required rank too. people asks that frequently enough to make it a FAQTongue
mprep (OP)
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 2607

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 08:57:26 PM

Should this be added?
Added rule with source (and you to the credits of course), thanks for the tip:

31. User avatars must not contain NSFL or NSFW content, infringe on copyright or attempt to impersonate a user.[10]
[10] - "Re: [Serious] Avatar Rules Discussion" - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1011789.msg10977206#msg10977206

For suggestions:

<...>
capcher

WENGER

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

Negative rating was requested by me (SFR10)

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2016, 01:22:46 PM

I think a rule in regards to Thread hijacking should also be added as well since the list is getting updated. IIRC there was a statement by theymos but couldn't find it to post as reference. I've reported few of users (using my main account) that hijacked other threads for their own purpose and reports were handled by some moderators so pretty much sure it's against the rules.
mprep (OP)
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2016, 01:36:42 PM

I think a rule in regards to Thread hijacking should also be added as well since the list is getting updated. IIRC there was a statement by theymos but couldn't find it to post as reference. I've reported few of users (using my main account) that hijacked other threads for their own purpose and reports were handled by some moderators so pretty much sure it's against the rules.

I think these cover it:

2. No off-topic posts.
22. Advertising (this includes mining pools, gambling services, exchanges, shops, etc.) in others threads' is no longer allowed, including, but not limited to, in altcoin announcement threads. [8]

mprep (OP)
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 11:12:53 PM

Added a new rule as suggested by Mitchełł (added him to the credits as well):

32. Posting multiple posts in a row (excluding bumps and reserved posts by the thread starter) is not allowed.

SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2016, 12:39:20 PM

Added a new rule as suggested by Mitchełł (added him to the credits as well):

32. Posting multiple posts in a row (excluding bumps and reserved posts by the thread starter) is not allowed.

Thanks! Smiley

So when rules change this thread gets an update. That's what I wanted to check. It's good to know that i will not miss new rules now. Cheesy

Edit: Though when I'm already here... when taking all these rules into account, then there is no rule against posting too much on the forum at all when you wear a signature of some kind, right? You can see I nicely format posts to multiple persons now so that it even gets seeable that it is a post directed to more than one persons. Though I often don't have time to post so I take the time to check out developments on the forum each other day.

Guess I become paranoid, fearing a hidden rule everywhere. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 2197

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2016, 12:48:04 PM

So when rules change this thread gets an update. That's what I wanted to check. It's good to know that i will not miss new rules now.
Well, I'm willing to bet that not every rule is on this list, as I'm sure there are some unwritten ones that haven't been included just yet.

Edit: Though when I'm already here... when taking all these rules into account, then there is no rule against posting too much on the forum at all when you wear a signature of some kind, right? You can see I nicely format posts to multiple persons now so that it even gets seeable that it is a post directed to more than one persons. Though I often don't have time to post so I take the time to check out developments on the forum each other day.
Posting a lot (on it's own) is not against forum rules, as long as you keep the other rules in mind. So, if you make a lot of shitty posts, you'll be breaking forum rules, but not because you aren't allowed to post a lot.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2016, 01:08:36 PM

So when rules change this thread gets an update. That's what I wanted to check. It's good to know that i will not miss new rules now.
Well, I'm willing to bet that not every rule is on this list, as I'm sure there are some unwritten ones that haven't been included just yet.

Posting a lot (on it's own) is not against forum rules, as long as you keep the other rules in mind. So, if you make a lot of shitty posts, you'll be breaking forum rules, but not because you aren't allowed to post a lot.

Cheesy Thanks! And I never do shitty posts... as far as Iam aware. Surely I could get a quick buck by doing so but not doing it let me be a quality poster that campaign managers like and try to keep. Cheesy I always like it more being surrounded by happy people. Tongue

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1003

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 06:27:51 PM

5. No link shortners that requires users to view an ad.

Is this only limited to link shortners? What about stuff like : this

Also isn't rule 20, not being followed anymore. Thats what I heard from patrollers anyway
procom_Jack

Activity: 71
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2016, 08:20:47 PM

Hello Team Bitcointalk,

Today twice our ANN thread has been deleted (or your site has a technical bug).

just push the delete button does not help, Now if you ever tell us why you push the delete button, we can take this into account in the 3rd attempt.

Are we breaking the rules?, this is not our intention.

But if we do not notice we can change nothing...

Can you advice us why?

Gr.,
Jack

Are you ready for PROCOM coin. www.procomcoin.org
Lauda
Legendary

Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2016, 08:22:30 PM

Hello Team Bitcointalk,

Can you advice us why?

Gr.,
Jack
Hello. I've sent you a PM and restored your thread. Sorry for the inconvenience!

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1510

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 02:48:08 AM

Perhaps somebody might explain what is wrong with this post that it requires deletion from the Wall Observer Thread. Do you have fructose intolerance?

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

Wow, ETH is still performing...

When I come to this forum and see every other post mention ETH, it indicates to me that the fruit has fully ripened.
EFS
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 2067

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 03:21:39 AM

Perhaps somebody might explain what is wrong with this post that it requires deletion from the Wall Observer Thread. Do you have fructose intolerance?

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

Wow, ETH is still performing...

When I come to this forum and see every other post mention ETH, it indicates to me that the fruit has fully ripened.

Altcoin discussions shouldn't be in Bitcoin boards.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
yefi
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 03:47:32 AM

Altcoin discussions shouldn't be in Bitcoin boards.

Would you like me to run a program to compile a list of the hundreds of contributions containing the terms ETH, Ether or Ethereum from that thread for you? I can help you sterilize your forum.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2016, 07:31:43 AM
Last edit: March 15, 2016, 07:58:01 AM by Lauda

Would you like me to run a program to compile a list of the hundreds of contributions containing the terms ETH, Ether or Ethereum from that thread for you? I can help you sterilize your forum.
You don't seem to understand how this process works. Obviously you are allowed to mention it to a certain degree as long as you mostly stay on topic. However, in your case your post has nothing to do with either Bitcoin or the topic (I assume). Keep in mind that moderators can't keep track of every post as well.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
yefi
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 05:49:04 PM

You don't seem to understand how this process works. Obviously you are allowed to mention it to a certain degree as long as you mostly stay on topic. However, in your case your post has nothing to do with either Bitcoin or the topic (I assume). Keep in mind that moderators can't keep track of every post as well.

You might consider moving or closing the thread, rather than arbitrarily deleting posts in the pretence that the Wall Observer has a topic.
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 04:03:29 PM

Should bumps for 3/4/5 year old threads be reported? I've been seeing some posts being made on old threads like these which don't make any sense whatsoever... But there isn't really a rule for that as far as I could see.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2016, 04:30:19 PM

Should bumps for 3/4/5 year old threads be reported? I've been seeing some posts being made on old threads like these which don't make any sense whatsoever... But there isn't really a rule for that as far as I could see.
Yes. Technically not always, but I'd say that in 99% of the cases that I've seen so far they were useless necro-bumps. These are usually created by bots, or spammers. Only in rare cases where the person really does contribute and does not want to create a new thread are they left intact. You could always send them to a moderator directly if you aren't sure.

You might consider moving or closing the thread, rather than arbitrarily deleting posts in the pretence that the Wall Observer has a topic.
I don't moderate it.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: