Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 11:35:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto stocks listing, CPW  (Read 3576 times)
AcoinL.L.C
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 09:49:47 PM

If cryptostocks ever goes up for sale I would be interested. I doubt they even make that much off the site, the volume never took off and the entrance fee (1 BTC / 100 LTC / 1mill dev coin) isn't really that much when you consider most of the stocks were listed when all of those coins were worth considerably less than they are now.

As for CPW: Never touch mining operations, never profitable enough for the risk. Even if you got your electricity for free, it would take months to just break even on the mining gear, which by the point they broke even will be generating meagre returns compared to your initial investment. Thats also assuming they (person doing the mining for you) doesn't get a cut. Horrible ROI. Market is simply to saturated.

I would go with cloud mining if anything on pbmining
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:39:44 AM

Cryptostocks fail number two for me. For now it only costed me money, haven't made any from it... Sigh.

I really love the concept of cryptostocks, but it's unreliable as hell.
Hope your luck changes soon but if my experience is any indication things don't bode well for you.  I'm loathe to actually admit this because I'm fairly heavily invested in multiple CS projects, but thus far my hit to miss ratio is particularly sad.

Given the amount of volume taking place on CS as of late I wouldn't be too surprised if Kumalah ended up selling it off relatively soon.  /* pure speculation on my part */

Regarding Havelockinvestments, my sentiments echo the gentleman above, they do seem to do a fair amount of due-diligence on listed projects and while there is no garuntee with any of these centralized exchanges, havelock is a much safer bet imho.

I think if they were going to sell they'd have done it already. I'm sure the site is still earning more than it costs to run. If they did sell it, though, I would be interested in possibly partnering up with someone on it.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:45:41 PM

Maybe those who want to buy CS should just contact them and make an offer.

I got into CPW but only because I needed something to do with those scraps of BTC that I couldn't withdraw without paying the ridiculously high withdraw fee. Yes, please reduce the withdraw rate if you do manage to buy the site. 0.001 BTC is a reasonable fee but I would prefer 0.0005 BTC.

CS is the only platform I know about that handles DVC securities, though those ones haven't had the best track record either.

I hope your offer is accepted.

I've  been happy with Havelock. The worst thing that happens there is a stock loses value, but it doesn't just up and quit paying dividends and then disappear while sorta kinda still being there.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:51:41 PM

Speaking of CS, they're currently experiencing a heavy workload and I can't even log on to my account. They're working on the problem, apparently but it's been a while.
pummle

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

Bleating sense into the world

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 04:31:41 PM

Due diligence is supposed to be performed before you buy shares.
Well the exchange isen't suppose to change the condition people buy shares upon after they buy them without informing investors or giving them the option to opt out on the new conditions.

Cryptostocks new function to allow any issuer to put up a IPO flag at any time for any length of times gives any scam stock issuer the abillity to lock in peoples shares like in the case of this CPW stock that diden't have IPO flag enabled from the start, by that Cryptostocks basically allow scammers to outright steal peoples investments without giving them any chance to sell the stocks to get out of a possition.

So what are you talking about here TradeFortress, is it Cryptostocks or the stock itself you meant that people like those that posted here should have investigeted before they invested.

How about you paying people what you owe them for the signature campaign you run before for example or maby you should fix the whole coinlenders/inputs.io mess also while your at it.

Thanks for adding to the list of reasons to avoid CryptoStocks like the plague.

Trade bitcoin stocks, funds, and futures with the MPEx broker: CoinBR.com

The best place for bitcoin betting: BitBet.us
thy

Activity: 685
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:27:16 PM

If cryptostocks ever goes up for sale I would be interested. I doubt they even make that much off the site, the volume never took off and the entrance fee (1 BTC / 100 LTC / 1mill dev coin) isn't really that much when you consider most of the stocks were listed when all of those coins were worth considerably less than they are now.

As for CPW: Never touch mining operations, never profitable enough for the risk. Even if you got your electricity for free, it would take months to just break even on the mining gear, which by the point they broke even will be generating meagre returns compared to your initial investment. Thats also assuming they (person doing the mining for you) doesn't get a cut. Horrible ROI. Market is simply to saturated.

I would go with cloud mining if anything on pbmining
The majority of stocks have actually been listed on Cryptostocks pretty recently when the price of btc has been relatively high, there was a significant increase of new listings in october 2013 and it has been high since then. The stocks numbers was up to 51 before october 2013 and at number 71 dec 31 2013 and now CS is up at 139 or something like that projects. The early listings back in 2012 and early 2013 was paying higher(in BTC terms) listing fees to, i think it was 10 btc in the beginning and later 5 btc before it was lowered to 1 btc.

AcoinL.L.C
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 07:09:32 PM

Look at the volume. Good big 0 for just about everything, and they have had issues with hacking in the past, theres no way the amount they are taking in is covering general maintenance + security costs. Now that they require premium verification Im sure the # of listings will go even further down, they survived based on sham listings.

Will be interesting to see the path they take in the future, especially with Havelock also coming out as the go to place for BTC stocks
pummle

Activity: 109

Bleating sense into the world

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 08:53:50 PM

Will be interesting to see the path they take in the future, especially with Havelock also coming out as the go to place for BTC stocks

I trust stocks listed on MPEx the most.

Trade bitcoin stocks, funds, and futures with the MPEx broker: CoinBR.com

The best place for bitcoin betting: BitBet.us
Griegura

Activity: 279
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 10:25:44 PM

well, and after these 0,02btc I gave to whoever runs CPW, I'm also moving out of cryptostocks. I'll be trying havelock ...

Contract Vault     Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Ethereum Blockchain
❱❱❱  JOIN TOKEN SALE  ❱❱❱  MAY 1st   [[ LIGHTPAPER ]]
▄▀ ██ ▀ ██ ██████    FACEBOOK       TWITTER       LINKEDIN       MEDIUM       TELEGRAM    ██████ ██ ▀ ██ ▀▄
Kenta

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 02:14:49 PM

Any news about CPW?

They have been delisted without a comment...

Trade your cryptocoins at: ◣ bleutrade.com ◢◣ C-Cex.com ◢
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582

Well hello there!

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 12:54:27 AM

Any news about CPW?

They have been delisted without a comment...
Sadly no, just checked the status of my CPW shares and I'm not even seeing it listed under the [Account] [De-listed Shares] section so not really sure what's going on.

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
nwfella
Legendary

Well hello there!

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 04:16:28 AM

I wonder if RiverBoatBTC would be interested in taking this case on for possible recovery?

Gimme the crypto!!
tricomp

Activity: 88

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 08:14:31 PM

I wonder if RiverBoatBTC would be interested in taking this case on for possible recovery?
I believe RiverboatRTC requires first name, last name and state of residence to initiate any investigation. Meanwhile the whois info on cryptopower.org
is privacy protected. So one would need either a subpoena or police request to get the domain registrar to unveil the domain owners name and contact info. Any ideas from anyone?
nwfella
Legendary

Well hello there!

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 08:08:21 PM

I believe RiverboatRTC requires first name, last name and state of residence to initiate any investigation. Meanwhile the whois info on cryptopower.org
is privacy protected. So one would need either a subpoena or police request to get the domain registrar to unveil the domain owners name and contact info. Any ideas from anyone?
Really doubt anybody's going to go through the trouble of following-through with this sadly.

Gimme the crypto!!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: