Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:04:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer S3 Firmware / Settings  (Read 1426 times)
zcline (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 02:35:01 AM

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know how much this community has taught me about Antminers.  I don't post much but I'm always reading...

I just received my S3's today and started booting them up.  One caught my attention because some of the settings in Miner Configuration were missing (Pool Balance, Beeper Ring and Stop Running when...).  I decided to copy the firmware off of Bitmain's website and give it a go, perhaps the firmware wasn't updated to the first release version before it was shipped.  Sure enough that did the trick.

The next item I ran into was the frequency was set to 350.  I'm sorry I don't have screenshots because I was too busy trying to troubleshoot and forgot to take screenshots!  I was able to SSH into the device and change the frequency to the default 218.75 and voila, it's up and running!

I just wanted to thank you all for providing so much knowledge into Bitmain's devices.  If it weren't for you guys I would probably be sending this item back to Bitmain or at the very least waiting for support to help me troubleshoot the issue.  If anyone else has run into the issue where they are getting XXX's in their ASIC status, please check to make sure the frequency is correct.  My guess is they were playing with this device and never configured it to the default before shipping out.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: