Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:36:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hyperstake <HYP> Bounty Thread ¬new bounty added!¬  (Read 3991 times)
HyperStake (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 11:38:02 AM

https://i.imgur.com/44Z7FTt.png
Neverending Bounty Thread! Be sure to watch this topic for your opportunity
to receive HYP in exchange for your contributions Smiley

Active bounties:
Mac Wallet: 5000 HYP
Icon Redesign: 15000 HYP

to collect or suggest a bounty please contact Presstab, DavidLatapie or Foxy.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HyperStake (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 11:45:18 AM

We are looking for up and coming designers who are interested in updating the look of our Hyperstake wallet. Now that a logo has been chosen, we're looking for fresh new colourful icons to suit the client. Icons should be sharp, high resolution and easy to see in small dimensions. This bounty is open to everyone and will remain open until MONDAY, July 28th. A directory with the current files is below, and a copy of the wallet can be found in the Hyperstake ANN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=678849.0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mxd65oiwob2rga1/icons.zip
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 02:42:30 PM

We have started a new bounty wallet address if anyone would like to donate to it.  As David suggested a while back, a bounty wallet that stakes and accumulates more coins would be very helpful.

Address: pAvP3gYfuyDVbUt98ToMbwU9rwEdBV1dHW

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 02:51:54 PM

I propose that we bump up the Mac OS wallet bounty to 15,000, and then change the icon incentive to allow for payment for altering individual icons rather than the whole set. I would propose 1,000 HYP for accepted icon.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
MoneroMooo
Legendary

Activity: 1276
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:25:28 PM

I tried it eventually, and went for a clean modern look matching the style of the kussaka/zeewolf logo - bright white base with turquoise/blue glow.

I changed a few designs so far (pen to keyboard, spanner to cogs) to match the modern style, and some are similar in basic idea. Not colorful as requested, except if you consider the glow Smiley

Here are the ones I have done so far. Two are part of a series of 5 (clocks and connect bars), only one is displayed as the others are similar.

Some of the glows will have to be rationalized to look similar when resized - like the cogs one is fairly heavy. I'll post more of them when I have done them.

foxy

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 10:57:56 AM

yay!

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 02:58:37 PM

I tried it eventually, and went for a clean modern look matching the style of the kussaka/zeewolf logo - bright white base with turquoise/blue glow.

I changed a few designs so far (pen to keyboard, spanner to cogs) to match the modern style, and some are similar in basic idea. Not colorful as requested, except if you consider the glow Smiley

Here are the ones I have done so far. Two are part of a series of 5 (clocks and connect bars), only one is displayed as the others are similar.

Some of the glows will have to be rationalized to look similar when resized - like the cogs one is fairly heavy. I'll post more of them when I have done them.

Those look awesome moneromooo, I think the color scheme looks great!  I am going to throw these in a test run of the wallet and see if they resize automatically.

MoneroMooo
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 10:01:55 AM

I've made a few more, and changed a couple. I didn't like the clock much due to the grey part, it's now gone. The keyboard now has a bit of depth, it feels more real, but on the other hand the first one looks more stylish.
Not always obvious what has a more modern feel to use instead of paper sheets. I hope the computer monitor thing works for people.

presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 05:29:03 PM

I've made a few more, and changed a couple. I didn't like the clock much due to the grey part, it's now gone. The keyboard now has a bit of depth, it feels more real, but on the other hand the first one looks more stylish.
Not always obvious what has a more modern feel to use instead of paper sheets. I hope the computer monitor thing works for people.

I like these a lot moneromoo, thanks for taking the time!  What is an address I can send you some HYP with?

dompsairs

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 06:11:48 PM

How can i learn to make these cool logos?
MoneroMooo
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 11:14:25 AM
Last edit: August 03, 2014, 11:27:54 AM by MoneroMooo

I'm probably not the right person to ask since I'm only dabbling without any kind of artistic training, but these are made with the GIMP (similar Photoshop), and a fair bit of trial and error. There are lots of articles on the web about how to make this and this effect (such as the glow effect in the images above). A good start is to make a simple shape, and play around with the various tools GIMP offers. Then you add layers, and you can start making more involved images rather quickly.

The key one is meant to have those electrical contacts for a more modern feel. I'm not sure it's obvious without the yellow tinge. I don't really like it that much but I'll add some depth to it later, it might help. The chain is maybe too complex as well. And maybe looks less modern that the padlock. Maybe the padlock is a better fit... what do you think ?

Anyway, here are a few more. Presstab, you can either tip me or send to p7CjeohAjPSKs9jR9q6Wev5n9StyLnTMHH if you want, thanks Smiley

Some of the icons used public domain clip art as a base, by the way. I kept the URLs for reference.

presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 03:16:19 PM
Last edit: August 04, 2014, 04:00:11 PM by presstab

Ha that chain is awesome! Keep up the good work, this will make the wallet look unique.

Sent 7,500 HYP your way from the bounty address!

MoneroMooo
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 08:02:08 PM

Ha that chain is awesome! Keep up the good work, this will make the wallet look unique.

Sent 7,500 HYP your way from the bounty address!

Thanks!

Here's an updated key, the previous one was flat and just meh. Somehow, the electronic circuit thing feels more what it is meant to be on this one. It might just be the added depth.

The chain is nice, but aside from the depature from the modern feel, I feel it is a bit complex compared to the other images' simplicity. Same as for the cogs, which I might end up simplifying too.
presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 08:48:39 PM

I do like the depth to it, it makes it easier to identify what it is supposed to be.

MoneroMooo
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 04:11:35 PM

A less flat version of the "edit" icon with a bit of depth.

For the mining icon, there's an electric arc type of thing. Can you have an animated icon ? I've made four frames for the "active" version, so it can seem like it's actually doing what electric arcs do Smiley It might be too distracting on the UI though. Though now that I think of it, the "downloading new blocks" icon might be animated already.

The electric arcs look better with a dark background. A color similar to the logo's background would be something worth trying out.

David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 01:39:00 AM

I must admit I really like your icons, moneromoo. I eagerly anticipate to see them in action.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
kussaka

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

Graphic designer

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 02:10:49 PM

Hi!
What about the header banners and icons for the convenience of the first page of the thread?

Example:

OR:

If you like it, you can find a full set of banners and icons here.   
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tlpcsb037pmvjsn/AAAP4wcvQzecgjd1PuuyV-Bma
 Also I can make a blank sample for the future, if you choose one of the variants for banners.
And can to change colors, size, shape,  etc...
Hope you like it. Smiley
MoneroMooo
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 11:25:53 AM

Thanks davidlatapie Smiley

Here's the next batch. I didn't have too much time for this the last few days, but there's only a few left after this Smiley

Two versions for the spinning icon, I can easily make more frames if it's needed, but it looks like the existing one rotates without needing more frames already. It looks hard to see on that BCT background, but it does look a lot better on a dark background Smiley

This one is a more modern/futuristic version of the overview house. Granted, we don't live on Saturn, but it's a lot more recognizable as a planet when it has rings Smiley

For the green OK V shaped thing, I  have a pulsating sphere which looks like something that's working internally. For the ? sign, either a ? sign, or a static version of the small/grey sphere (so it looks like it's "off" and starts pulsating when ready). I've got 8 frames for the sphere so I'm uploading only the two end points.

zeewolf

Activity: 236

In dreamland; he awaits you.

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 12:41:47 PM

Hi!
What about the header banners and icons for the convenience of the first page of the thread?

Those are awesome! I like first version better. We should definitely use it Smiley

presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:16:55 PM

Hi!

Example:

OR:

Also I can make a blank sample for the future, if you choose one of the variants for banners.
Hope you like it. Smiley

Kussaka I like that a lot and we could definitely use it!  Please give me a HYP address to send you some bounty coins!

MoneroMooo
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 11:20:30 PM

I like them a lot too, first version also has my vote Smiley
*Sakura*
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1005

I wish you all love and profitable investments!!!

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 06:36:57 PM

Hi!

Example:

OR:

Hope you like it. Smiley

Kussaka I like that a lot and we could definitely use it!  Please give me a HYP address to send you some bounty coins!

Heya Kussaka! Awesome!
kussaka

Graphic designer

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 10:55:35 PM

Thank's guys Smiley
I'm glad that you like it! 
kussaka

Graphic designer

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 10:33:12 AM

Sorry, I posted it in the [ANN]thread. Edited it.

New wallet looks nice. Great work!
If you'll want to change tx icons that may be these fit?

1)                          2)                           3)                          4)

The same style as that of the icons in the header banners. Color can be changed.

presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 04:03:25 AM

Sorry, I posted it in the [ANN]thread. Edited it.

New wallet looks nice. Great work!
If you'll want to change tx icons that may be these fit?

1)                          2)                           3)                          4)

The same style as that of the icons in the header banners. Color can be changed.

Those look great! Let see if you and moneromooo can collaborate for the icons, I know that moneromooo has been making some of those same icons as well.

presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 05:23:42 PM

MAC Compile and icons bounty is no longer available. Thanks!

Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: