Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:07:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Great BIG Bit  (Read 3144 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
GreatBIGbit (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 08:09:50 PM

Howdy!
Announcing the hot new Bitcoin lotto site, The Great Big Bit!

We are a group of developers, bitcoin enthusiasts and gambling enthusiasts who have watched as countless bitcoin lotto sites launch with a great deal of fanfare, horrible looking sites, and dishonest operators who just run away with the deposits from the players.

This was just no longer acceptable to us so we set out to build a new lotto style website where we host daily Pick 3, Pick 4, a progressive daily jackpot and a twice weekly progressive jackpot.

We've created a legitimate, secure and fair bitcoin lotto experience to counter the large number of scam lottos that operate using bitcoin.

We want to be open, honest, and fair in our dealings and so we've created an extensive FAQ page, several outlets for our users to communicate with us via social media and we are committed to bringing an experience that is fun and fair.

Our development team can be reached via several social media outlets and we actively publish our odds and last winning numbers for review by our users.

How often are the drawings on this site?
The Great Big Bit is drawn on Wednesday and Saturday at midnight UTC, the Daily Bit is drawn each day at midnight UTC and the Pick 3 and Pick 4 are drawn every five minutes!

How do I know you won't just steal the coins and run off?
Like all things you have to take our word for it. That said this is a gambling site though and we are the house. We don't have to run away with all of the money, it benefits us entirely more to be fair about this and just collect over time versus a short term coin grab.

How does this work with bitcoin confirmations?
We currently wait for three confirmations before allowing you to purchase a ticket. Once a draw is completed we also wait for the winning ticket to have at least 6 confirmations before processing a payout.

What if I win?
We currently wait for 6 deposit confirmations on your ticket payment before sending your winnings. Once we've confirmed your transaction at least 6 times and verified game security (happens very quickly) we will send your winnings.

Can I use a web wallet to play?
No, never use any web wallet to play. We are sending winnings back to the address used that sent it. If you use a web wallet it is likely they process TX with a shared address. You won't receive your prize in those circumstances, the operator of your web wallet will.

We are looking into adding other withdraw options in the very near future.

Do you have an affiliate program?
The Great Big Bit has a competitive affiliate program. You can earn by sending The Great Big Bit players! All you have to do is link users to our site using your unique referral code.

You can find the full details of our affiliate program here: http://greatbigbit.com/affiliate

Now what?
We hope you will join us on the site. We'd love to also get your feedback here. Let us know what you think, good or bad. We are active and ready to start making improvements now!

- The Great Big Bit Team

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GreatBIGbit (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 10:28:49 PM

We are currently under a DDOS attack from someone on these forums and are working to rectify the situation with our hosting provider.
mindfulmojo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 11:58:49 PM

We are currently under a DDOS attack from someone on these forums and are working to rectify the situation with our hosting provider.

Maybe they were mad you didn't post in the gambling section...Wink
GreatBIGbit (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 12:48:15 AM

Perhaps a mod can move it for us Smiley

Did a quick search and saw Betmoose and many other posting here, wasn't aware of the gambling section or most certainly would have posted it to that section first.

In all seriousness though they are demanding a ransom higher than our jackpot on our first day after less than 12 hours of operation.
BetMoose

Activity: 372

Real Bets. Real People. By Anyone, on anything

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 05:04:19 PM

Perhaps a mod can move it for us Smiley

Did a quick search and saw Betmoose and many other posting here, wasn't aware of the gambling section or most certainly would have posted it to that section first.

In all seriousness though they are demanding a ransom higher than our jackpot on our first day after less than 12 hours of operation.

2 things:

1. Aren't you behind Cloudflare? What's with the DDOS, is CF not working for you?

2. We posted in Service Announcements because BetMoose, at its core functionality, is a contract exchange and the first distributed exchange at that (where the users create and resolve their own contracts). We don't decide who or what gets put on our site (except the obviously illegal stuff), so the propositions are quite varied. The fact that many use it to gamble on sports and nonsensical outcomes is just their preference (and obviously many bitcoiners are into that). That doesn't mean we should be confined to the gambling section however. Your site is very specific to the gambling section, and will most likely get more attention there - may want to message the mods to move it.

BetMoose.com - Wager on real world events. Profit from predicting the future. Create and share your own contracts.
GreatBIGbit (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 04:51:31 AM

We are behind CloudFlare and it didn't stop multiple hosts from banning us today because the DDOS was intense and impacting other customers.

Got a new provider today, lost all of the money invested in the first two and will try again for a relaunch soon.

Not paying the DDOS demands because if people give in, the people behind them will just keep doing them to others.
GreatBIGbit (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 08:46:15 PM

Just wanted to let everyone know we are back after the DDOS attack and have taken steps to help mitigate this sort of issue in the future.
ChainRadio

Activity: 34

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 07:14:27 PM

Just wanted to reach out and thank Great BIG Bit for sponsoring Chain Radio and our newscasts.

Without your support and the support of other listeners and cryptocompanies what we are doing wouldn't be possible.

From the Chain Radio Team, THANKS!
GreatBIGbit (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 12:38:20 AM

Just wanted to reach out and thank Great BIG Bit for sponsoring Chain Radio and our newscasts.

Without your support and the support of other listeners and cryptocompanies what we are doing wouldn't be possible.

From the Chain Radio Team, THANKS!

Absolutely! Thanks for providing such a great station to everyone. Love listening while developing the site.
BitCoinPokerBro

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 12:55:11 AM

No invest option?
waterpile

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 02:59:40 AM

almost new sites that came popping out are being DDOS by someone lol
Seketsuna

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 06:37:45 AM

and its down  Cheesy
Buziss

Activity: 896

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 06:53:43 AM

and its down  Cheesy

The site is up for me. Maybe you can try to clear your cache and refresh the page now.

gelar24

Activity: 182
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 07:49:05 AM

it is because they are upset because the waiter or perhaps less well
hopefully quickly sorted out the problem!
GreatBIGbit (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 06:45:00 PM

No invest option?

This is something that our team has been actively considering. What sort of program would you want to see?

We want to be sure everything we do is driven by the community.
BitCoinPokerBro

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 08:21:58 PM

No invest option?

This is something that our team has been actively considering. What sort of program would you want to see?

5 different investment options could be offered one for each Pick 3, Pick 4, Super Daily, The Great Big Bit, and one option to split said investment between any combination of the 4. Earnings could either be taken directly from the house cut or jackpot increases. Either a fixed roi could be offered based on ticket sale activity or similar to dice sites with an invest/divest option. Other than the aforementioned I don't have the experience or knowledge to offer much advise on this front.
lapah

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 08:29:04 PM

No invest option?

In my opinion you need to engage with the community more as I had never heard of you until today...

My advice is throwing a giveaway (could be a real cheap one with a very small budget) just to get your name out and about...
GreatBIGbit (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 04:49:34 PM

almost new sites that came popping out are being DDOS by someone lol

Yeah, the DDOS stuff is a real shitstorm but we were able to eventually get it under control.

We've been talking with Mike over at Coin Fire as he has been putting together a massive article about DDOS attacks and we are big sponsors of Chain Radio who are facing them nearly daily at this point against the streaming servers so I know it has been a major issue.

We are going to be posting an entry on our blog as well about the DDOS and the current state of affairs for new bitcoin sites facing them in the near future as well. Our team member Ted is going to be discussing that at length.

-Chris
GreatBIGbit (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 05:04:09 PM

No invest option?

5 different investment options could be offered one for each Pick 3, Pick 4, Super Daily, The Great Big Bit, and one option to split said investment between any combination of the 4. Earnings could either be taken directly from the house cut or jackpot increases. Either a fixed roi could be offered based on ticket sale activity or similar to dice sites with an invest/divest option. Other than the aforementioned I don't have the experience or knowledge to offer much advise on this front.

Thanks for the suggestions! I am going to be passing this along and we are going to be discussing this actively internally and with the community a great deal more in the near future.

Right now we offer an affiliate program which we've posted about on these forums here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=743729.msg8407445#msg8407445

The invest option definately has a certain appeal though and it seems based on some of the PMs we've received that others are certainly interested in it as well so we will keep the lines open and keep working on improvements such as that Smiley
GreatBIGbit (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 05:12:54 PM

No invest option?

In my opinion you need to engage with the community more as I had never heard of you until today...

My advice is throwing a giveaway (could be a real cheap one with a very small budget) just to get your name out and about...

Couldn't agree with you more.

We are currently finishing up development on some voucher codes that will let people score free plays on the site!

We are planning on posting these vouches on Bitcoin Talk, Chain Radio has agreed to give away a bunch on-air and we are hoping to make this a thing we do on a regular basis.
CarlesPuyol
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 05:49:24 PM

I must to say that I addicted to BTC gambling game, but this game is absolutely not attracting me. Sorry if I'm rued.
GreatBIGbit (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 09:29:26 PM

I must to say that I addicted to BTC gambling game, but this game is absolutely not attracting me. Sorry if I'm rued.

What would make the game more appealing for you?
GreatBIGbit (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 11:22:01 PM

Since we initially launched we've increased the player's odds of winning by decreasing the number of balls that are selected for our Great Big Bit and Super Daily Bit Draws!

We understand this takes down the house edge but it seemed like the right thing to do. So if you haven't had a chance to check the site out... now is a great time!

http://GreatBigBit.com/
AirFlame

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 11:29:04 PM

Clean nice site Smiley And mobile ready good work Smiley
GreatBIGbit (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 09:45:04 PM

Clean nice site Smiley And mobile ready good work Smiley

Thanks! We've got plenty of new stuff coming soon as well. Your kind words are very much and greatly appreciated.
vortexz
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 09:59:23 PM

nice design.maybe i will give it a hit.
GreatBIGbit (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 11:40:21 PM

nice design.maybe i will give it a hit.

Thanks! We just recently increased the odds for all players and we are working on some new and more exciting live games.
Magicman420

Activity: 309

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 11:51:37 PM

Good,luck I'm also addicted to bitcoin gambling lol
GreatBIGbit (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 03:36:54 AM

Good,luck I'm also addicted to bitcoin gambling lol

Far worse things to call addictions Wink

We are gamblers and gamers ourselves which is one of the primary reasons we set out to create something different.
GreatBIGbit (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 09:33:16 PM

We've heard the calls for more excitement and we are working on something new that we hope to announce soon that we hope you will enjoy!

More details are coming very soon!

Don't forget you can always hear the winning numbers each week night read on Chain Radio at 22:00 UTC. They are over at http://ChainRadio.com/
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: