Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:12:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bittrex allowing too much so called ICO coins - Greed? Destroying Bittrex?  (Read 1356 times)
placebo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 05:31:39 AM
Last edit: July 23, 2014, 06:48:11 AM by placebo

I'm very disappointed in the way how Bittrex is running their ICO system.

I believe they need to add some rules. How can they allow a coin that is fully ICO to be listed on Bittrex? This looks more like scam then something different. I believe Bittrex should limit the ICO amount and put some rules into place, like only a max. of 10% can be used for ICO. Another rule should be that people that want to run a ICO need to pay Bittrex 10BTC so that not everybody can start running a ICO. Another rule should be , that ICO can only take 1 week, if not all coins are sold they should be removed and there should be no relaunch.

Much to think about now with another so-called ICO Venturecoin that is again 100% ICO and again doesn't have anything extra.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
placebo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 05:40:16 AM

Why would they be adding too many ICO coins? It's 100% up to you whether to invest or not.

They are simply a platform upon which an essentially free market can exist.

And yes, Bittrex does charge to put up an ICO.

The alternative is what? No escrow ICOs? ICOs with shady escrow? ICOs with difficult and lagged response times?

We can trust Bittrex to be fair, they've proven themselves many times in the past.

We cannot trust escrows or devs.

This is the best solution.

But you're free not to use it if you don't want to.

It is more the question, why allowing a 100% ICO coin to be added. Why would the developer care about his coin when he don't earn any money. Yes, they ask money for ICO, but way too little!!!
eliedsonvicente

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 05:40:31 AM

I definitely agree with you!
kiemsuphu

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:13:12 AM

If Coin pay 10BTC to list ICO on bittrex, we will get more bigger scam coin. I think bittrex need vote ICO coin before list is best.
l3n1nN

Activity: 45

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:15:33 AM

Already missing the good old days on Mintpal  Roll Eyes
placebo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:19:01 AM

Mintpal destroy theirself by becoming too greedy!!! I hope bittrex will not make the same mistakes, else another exchange will take it over, maybe we will all be back on cryptsy....
onemorebtc

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:19:43 AM

what the hell is an ico coin?
*confused*

transfer 3 onemorebtc.k1024.de 1
placebo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:21:46 AM

*confused*

ICO = IPO coin, meaning buyng coins without mining it before it is on a exchange (or on a exchange with a fix price).
onemorebtc

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:23:04 AM

*confused*

ICO = IPO coin, meaning buyng coins without mining it before it is on a exchange (or on a exchange with a fix price).

ah thanks, guess i can forget them immediatly Wink

transfer 3 onemorebtc.k1024.de 1
l3n1nN

Activity: 45

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:24:59 AM

Mintpal destroy theirself by becoming too greedy!!! I hope bittrex will not make the same mistakes, else another exchange will take it over, maybe we will all be back on cryptsy....

Cryptsy has it's own share of problems. I'm hoping Hitbtc.com could be next big alt exchange they have a really awesome fast, professional interface.
robinf

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:37:47 AM

I definitely agree with you!

placebo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:47:38 AM

Yet another ICO on Bittrex.... ok, it is getting more then clear. I give Bittrex 2 months if they continue like this, they are destroying their exchange, de-listing coins after only listed after one month, launching ICO every two seconds. No, i was pretty happy with Bittrex, but what they are doing now is based on greed, and that was what destroyed Mintpal too Sad

Volume has been increasing on cryptsy again. Cryptsy looks to be back as main exchange.
Altcoin4life

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:59:29 AM

Yet another ICO on Bittrex.... ok, it is getting more then clear. I give Bittrex 2 months if they continue like this, they are destroying their exchange, de-listing coins after only listed after one month, launching ICO every two seconds. No, i was pretty happy with Bittrex, but what they are doing now is based on greed, and that was what destroyed Mintpal too Sad

Volume has been increasing on cryptsy again. Cryptsy looks to be back as main exchange.

When are  you people going to pull your heads out of your ass and actually think...

Buying into an ipo/ico is like buying any other coin off an exchange.  Wtf does that have to do with bittrex? Like the guy who posted above said, it's better than some shady escrow service or none at all.

Btw you guys call developers greedy while asking devs to create you coins for free and expect them to stick around?  If you think coin development is free then reality must be much different for many of you. Yes it's you being greedy and asking for free everything. Why do you people get so excited over free coins?? Yeah that's cause you are just as fucking greedy as the rest of us. Delete this pointless thread.

placebo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 07:07:54 AM

When are  you people going to pull your heads out of your ass and actually think...

Buying into an ipo/ico is like buying any other coin off an exchange.  Wtf does that have to do with bittrex? Like the guy who posted above said, it's better than some shady escrow service or none at all.

Btw you guys call developers greedy while asking devs to create you coins for free and expect them to stick around?  If you think coin development is free then reality must be much different for many of you. Yes it's you being greedy and asking for free everything. Why do you people get so excited over free coins?? Yeah that's cause you are just as fucking greedy as the rest of us. Delete this pointless thread.

There is a difference between asking lets say 5 BTC or asking 150BTC.
Liquid71

Activity: 835

There is NO Freedom without Privacy

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 09:01:10 AM

I believe they need to add some rules. How can they allow a coin that is fully ICO to be listed on Bittrex? This looks more like scam then something different. I believe Bittrex should limit the ICO amount and put some rules into place, like only a max. of 10% can be used for ICO. Another rule should be that people that want to run a ICO need to pay Bittrex 10BTC so that not everybody can start running a ICO. Another rule should be , that ICO can only take 1 week, if not all coins are sold they should be removed and there should be no relaunch.

Much to think about now with another so-called ICO Venturecoin that is again 100% ICO and again doesn't have anything extra.
So only devs with 10 BTC have access to the market..dumb idea

It should work more like Viacoin where the market decides the coins price, other than that leave it up to the free market. I'm not a fan of ICO but I don't feel I or anyone else should be dictating rules about who can and can't launch a coin however they want. If there is no market for the ICO shit coins then they won't be listed. If a dev wants to release an ICO and there are people that want to buy it then what you or I think doesn't matter.

Just don't buy any ICO no need for rules just ignore them and stop trying to control other people.

placebo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 09:04:23 AM

So only devs with 10 BTC have access to the market..dumb idea

It should work more like Viacoin where the market decides the coins price, other than that leave it up to the free market. I'm not a fan of ICO but I don't feel I or anyone else should be dictating rules about who can and can't launch a coin however they want. If there is no market for the ICO shit coins then they won't be listed. If a dev wants to release an ICO and there are people that want to buy it then what you or I think doesn't matter.

Just don't buy any ICO no need for rules just ignore them and stop trying to control other people.

So more like Noahcoin etc, no fixed price, depending on the amount it was deposit in IPO divide it be the number of coins and that will be the result. Something like that. A lot of coins were like that. Romancoin, Greekcoin etc, and it all return huge profit for IPO investors.
KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 04:43:35 PM

Why do you even care about bittrex? None of your business. Focus on your own business.

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
placebo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:53:47 PM

Why do you even care about bittrex? None of your business. Focus on your own business.

I don't care about bittrex, or maybe i do, as it was a great exchange, but now they are making the same mistakes as mintpal, and it would be sad to see it disappearing like mintpal.
cassius69

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 07:05:31 PM

looks its 'this hours coin' bittrex buttbuddy and scamcoin creator to the stars.  Grin

just stop supporting all new coins unless they really do something amazing.

i aint buying any more of this ico shit or 24 pow shit or new listed shit.

quit chasing 'get rich quick schemes' and support your favorite coins that have long-term potential.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: