Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 08:37:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Israeli think tank suggests raping Arab women to deter suicide bombers  (Read 1582 times)
petestheman

Activity: 406
Merit: 257

BINGO! BOUNTY MANAGEMENT

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 06:32:34 AM

They are honestly just two little kids. Fighting over toy. In this case the toy is the country of Israel. Unfortunately Israel has the big bully on his side supplying him and helping him out. We have a lot of working out to do in this world we just have to be understanding and fair but we always want something bigger and better.  Sad Huh

BINGO! BOUNTIES : BOUNTY AND COMMUNITY MANAGERS

FINDING CRYPTO PROJECTS WHICH CAN MAKE THIS WORLD A BETTER PLACE TO LIVE IN.
Nobitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

In holiday we trust

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 06:37:51 AM

Surely this can't be a real suggestion? Surely this would create more bombers... Maybe reverse psychology?
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 06:43:15 AM

Huh What ?
That was my initial reaction to that how did raping == suicide bombers deterrent lol can't get all the virgin women in heaven lol.

Then was like
“You have to understand the culture in which we live,” Kedar explained in the June 1 interview, according to a transcript published by Haaretz. “Terrorists like those who kidnapped the children and killed them — the only thing that deters them is if they know that their sister or their mother will be raped in the event that they are caught. What can you do, that’s the culture in which we live.”

Umm ok if the Arabs can gangrape your daughters and children when they kidnap them ...

“I’m not talking about what we should or shouldn’t do,” Kedar insisted. “I’m talking about the facts. The only thing that deters a suicide bomber is the knowledge that if he pulls the trigger or blows himself up, his sister will be raped.”

“That’s all. That’s the only thing that will bring him back home, in order to preserve his sister’s honor.”

Right... (Summoning a Feminist to come in here on this Israel prof)

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
petestheman

BINGO! BOUNTY MANAGEMENT

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 07:10:12 AM

“I’m not talking about what we should or shouldn’t do,” Kedar insisted. “I’m talking about the facts. The only thing that deters a suicide bomber is the knowledge that if he pulls the trigger or blows himself up, his sister will be raped.”

This is actually reasonable thinking it may be morally wrong ect. But in war morals can be thrown out the window. It is also very much a cultural thing. In the arab world a man feels that it is his job to protect everyone in their families from the second they become men till after their death. (thinking about it it is like this all over the world or it should be.)

u9y42
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 07:43:09 AM

Perhaps his time would be better invested in understanding what has driven these suicide bombers to the point of such despair, Its quiet simple its the continued illegal occupation of their land with no real effort on the part of Israel to resolve the problem and neither will they while Israel continues to be funded by the US. Remove the support and Israel will have to negotiate This is how Apartheid in south Africa was overcome.

Is the Gaza strip still "illegally occupied" by Israel?

Yes - occupation doesn't only take the form you're alluding to.

This is actually reasonable thinking it may be morally wrong ect. But in war morals can be thrown out the window. It is also very much a cultural thing. In the arab world a man feels that it is his job to protect everyone in their families from the second they become men till after their death. (thinking about it it is like this all over the world or it should be.)

No, even in war, you can't throw morals out the window. It seems to me that a more reasonable approach would be to end the brutal occupation the Palestinians have been subjected to for half a century now; that would greatly reduce the radicalization of the population (on both sides).
petestheman

BINGO! BOUNTY MANAGEMENT

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 07:49:14 AM

Perhaps his time would be better invested in understanding what has driven these suicide bombers to the point of such despair, Its quiet simple its the continued illegal occupation of their land with no real effort on the part of Israel to resolve the problem and neither will they while Israel continues to be funded by the US. Remove the support and Israel will have to negotiate This is how Apartheid in south Africa was overcome.

Is the Gaza strip still "illegally occupied" by Israel?

Yes - occupation doesn't only take the form you're alluding to.

No, even in war, you can't throw morals out the window. It seems to me that a more reasonable approach would be to end the brutal occupation the Palestinians have been subjected to for half a century now; that would greatly reduce the radicalization of the population (on both sides).

I didn't say you should throw morals out I just said that they are. War in itself is immoral. Also I sympathize 100% with the Palestinians in the current situation.

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 11:59:03 AM

We're just pointing out what he's actually saying rather than what you think he's saying, why is that so hard to understand? We're not saying it's right at all.
Gemdealer

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 12:40:11 PM

There is a desire for perpetual war. Too many people make too much money from it.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: