Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:29:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is sex slavery morally wrong but conscription is OK?  (Read 1401 times)
Bizmark13 (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 09:54:47 AM

The "Kidnapping citizens to Ukrainian army" thread got me wondering...

Why is sex slavery morally wrong but conscription is OK?

They are both examples of forced labor. They are both dangerous and emotionally and physically damaging to the victim. Someone who is forced into prostitution could get AIDS and other venereal diseases. They might be raped or murdered. Someone who is forced into becoming a soldier and made to fight could get their brains blown out or their limbs amputated by a roadside bomb. They might suffer from PTSD.

Heck, I think I'd rather be forced into sex slavery than be forced into fighting a war. Unless I personally believed that the reasons behind the war were worth risking my life for which case I would voluntarily join the army anyway (extremely unlikely). I would think that my chances of survival would be greater as a prostitute too.

So why is it that we despise people who force other people into sex slavery but we have no problem with people in suits forcing people who don't want to fight to kill others and be killed? Shouldn't the latter be even more horrific than the former?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 10:06:00 AM

Dude. Moral is based on nothing.

Moral is the weapon of the weak to force freemen into slavery.

Say fuck to the moral. Always.
bitsmichel

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 10:23:54 AM

They are both examples of forced labor. They are both dangerous and emotionally and physically damaging to the victim. Someone who is forced into prostitution could get AIDS and other venereal diseases. They might be raped or murdered. Someone who is forced into becoming a soldier and made to fight could get their brains blown out or their limbs amputated by a roadside bomb. They might suffer from PTSD.

Heck, I think I'd rather be forced into sex slavery than be forced into fighting a war. Unless I personally believed that the reasons behind the war were worth risking my life for which case I would voluntarily join the army anyway (extremely unlikely). I would think that my chances of survival would be greater as a prostitute too.

So why is it that we despise people who force other people into sex slavery but we have no problem with people in suits forcing people who don't want to fight to kill others and be killed? Shouldn't the latter be even more horrific than the former?

Both are very wrong, media propaganda makes it seems like it's normal. In nearly every country of the world kidnapping is illegal. The reason is some rich guys in the top want more money and power, trough the suffering of others. I mean Stalin, Obama and Hitler have more in common with each other than with you and me. 

superresistant
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 10:32:29 AM

You guys are trying to make sense of "moral".

There is none.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 10:56:42 AM

Conscription has been going on for many millennium now. Even the ancient Romans used it to inflate their armies. Basically it is a very simple rule. If you are not a politician or a wealthy businessman, you have to die for the nation (or for the politicians). Even the USAF has used conscription to increase the strength of their army (although not in the recent decades).
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 12:09:44 PM

There is none.

Don't say this to normal people! 99% of them believes morals to be a fixed beacon set by G.O.D. himself between farts!

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 12:26:53 PM

Because rights of men and women are not thought of as equal.

To some extent this is logical, for most of history it was a struggle for a king or warlord to even keep his fiefdom's population steady, let alone grow it.  He wanted more population, so he would have more boys to enlist in the armies.  To do that required a maximum number of breeding females. 
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 12:36:39 PM

Because rights of men and women are not thought of as equal.

+1 also take note of how women tend not to be under this obligation and it wasn't so long ago that America conscripted men to serve in the military, except they used the word 'drafted' because that sounds much nicer, Americans may not know this but in history we were taught something fairly useful and it was about how women went around giving white flowers to men in Britain who didn't sign up to fight.
superresistant
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 12:51:40 PM

There is none.
Don't say this to normal people! 99% of them believes morals to be a fixed beacon set by G.O.D. himself between farts!

Hahaha of course it is ! and if you don't agree I kill you because if you don't have my moral you are not a human being.
Lanzer

Activity: 446
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 01:51:00 PM

sex slavery can threat one or more people life
EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

https://Ecua.Mobi

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 01:55:54 PM

I'd say initially because sex slavery only benefits one person or one small group.

Conscription is (was) thought to benefit a whole country. I don't share that thought but I think that was the general believe.

Fortunately in several countries, including my own, conscription is now voluntary.

spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 02:17:19 PM

Dude. Moral is based on nothing.

Moral is the weapon of the weak to force freemen into slavery.

Say fuck to the moral. Always.

I like you, always bringing up good points you are.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 02:19:16 PM

I'd say initially because sex slavery only benefits one person or one small group.

Conscription is (was) thought to benefit a whole country. I don't share that thought but I think that was the general believe.

Fortunately in several countries, including my own, conscription is now voluntary.

... It's not conscription then.. You can't say conscription is voluntary...
EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

https://Ecua.Mobi

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 02:21:53 PM

... It's not conscription then.. You can't say conscription is voluntary...

Well then,

Fortunately in several countries, including my own, conscription doesn't exist anymore. Military service is now voluntary.

Whatever, you know what I mean.

Honeypot

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 03:17:37 PM

...LOL
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 03:41:12 AM

Every sex slave is forced to have sex.

Every soldier is not necessarily forced to fight.  When you are conscripted - you can end up as a cook or some logistics position or rear guard position.  Frontline soldiers died in droves but the guys in the 2nd line roles often made it through the whole war without having to fire a rifle.    As well, with how capitalism is structured, often the army (even if it's unpaid conscription) is better than any menial job a young person can get.

In the Germany's case - they had almost a half million men in Scandinavia who spent the whole war doing little other then man AA guns and the artificial-imposed exchange rate meant they had more money than Norwegian / Danish men and thus guess who was getting the girls and drinking all the liquor?  The same was essentially true for German soldiers who were on occupation duty in Western Europe until Normandy.  There were US soldiers who spent the whole war in Britain chasing women and never fired a rifle either.

Can't say it has changed much in the present day.  While there's no conscription in the Iraq and Afghanistan War - you had certain soldiers who spend entire tours fighting while others get to stay at base and play Xbox on their time off or post lap dancing photos (I'm referring to the female servicemen) and both receive the same "hazard pay".

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 04:03:38 AM

I dunno I guess I would be a reactionary (or) revolutionary and say it is fine
But only by consent (not by enslavement) ^_^
In the sense reactionary since it has existed since roman times
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostitution_in_ancient_Rome

Prostitution in Ancient Rome was legal and licensed. In Ancient Rome, even Roman men of the highest social status were free to engage prostitutes of either sex without incurring moral disapproval, as long as they demonstrated self-control and moderation in the frequency and enjoyment of sex.

In a sense since the moral revolution still exists in modern times to all ages genres and peoples
Whether its sensible or not depends on what you consider an only human thing to do, depends on where your moral tweezers lie.

With conscription you can be an abstainer its called the Conscientious Objector leading to the 60s Hippie movement
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conscription_in_the_United_States#Conscientious_objectors_2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Make_love,_not_war
The "make love" part of the slogan often referred to the practice of free love that was growing among the American youth who denounced marriage as a tool for those who supported war and favored the traditional capitalist culture

We know what happened to the 60s Smiley
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summer_of_Love

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Keyara

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 04:40:49 AM

Which country still openly allow sex slavery?
petestheman

Activity: 406
Merit: 257

BINGO! BOUNTY MANAGEMENT

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 06:36:24 AM

It is morally wrong that is right but the difference is that one is for enjoyment while the other is a last ditch effort to save a country that has given you so much throughout your life. It may be wrong but in war rights and wrongs are thrown out the window all that matters is WININING.

BINGO! BOUNTIES : BOUNTY AND COMMUNITY MANAGERS

FINDING CRYPTO PROJECTS WHICH CAN MAKE THIS WORLD A BETTER PLACE TO LIVE IN.
superresistant
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 07:55:30 AM

There is no right or wrong.

You're just making yourself blind and inflict your brain infinite cognitive dissonance pain.

Kellyjazz

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 09:40:08 AM

The two things are not even comparable. Sex slave does not do any good to the society bit conscription is for protecting the country.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: