Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:45:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How much do you think would be the worth of Bitcoin before 2014 ends?
$100-$200 - 4 (4.2%)
$200-$500 - 5 (5.3%)
$500-$600 - 1 (1.1%)
$600-$700 - 6 (6.3%)
$700-$800 - 15 (15.8%)
$800-$1,000 - 20 (21.1%)
$1000-$1200 - 8 (8.4%)
$1200 up - 36 (37.9%)
Total Voters: 95

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What Bitcoin Will Be Worth before end of 2014  (Read 8245 times)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 10293

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 07:23:00 AM

With the rapid adaption of Bitcoin i do believe that price would still recover to 900-1200USD by the end of 2014 and an an continuous upward trend by 2015.

Change is the only constant thing in this world, Bitcoin and digital currencies is the answer to our Digital age.  Grin

I think that people still fail to understand potential that bitcoin has as a store of value.
As people slowly start to realise this , price is rising, and when its not, its getting thicker support lines just below current price.
Im guessing we are definetly looking at over 1000$ by end of the year, but there is also a small chance we will stay just below it since 1000$ is kind of a psy.border of some kind to traders.

Like most others participating in this thread, I am just guessing; however, I get the sense that once bitcoin passes $850 again, then prices are going to be upward and onward to the new ATH between $3k and $5k.   I just remain doubtful concerning how long it is going to take to get to and to surpass $850.... whether before the end of this year or by early next year. 

I am most inclined to think that prices will stay in the $600 to $650 range for a few more weeks.  Then prices will bounce into the $700s, and maybe drift up towards $850 for several more months.  Accordingly, prices will likely go past $850 into the $3k to $5k range either this year or by no later than early 2015... but the longer that we have to wait  for the rocket, the higher the BTC price rocket will go.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
ljudotina
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1029

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 08:10:13 AM

Sorry, but there is only 1 correct question for question like this:

Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 02:14:38 PM

It's funny when people write 'I'm just guessing but I think...' followed by a list of very specific price moves with zero rationale, support, or logic to back up their assumptions.

This poll is useful, it's great to see people optomistic. The posts should talk about how we spread the use of Bitcoin. If each of us introduced one new person to it, how much growth would we see?

dubalol

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 02:46:28 PM

There will be high possibility to climb back to the peak of 2013 if China and other countries cancel their restriction to BTC. I think it isn't long before they will realize the benefit the new technology will bring to us.

Came here to say more or less this...China can potentially play an incredibly strong role in sending bitcoin moonward in 2014, as was already shown in 2013.  For what it's worth, they have the #2 highest GDP in the world.  Clearly, many Chinese enjoyed Bitcoin for a short while.  However, the ripple effects of so many Chinese people in the Bitcoin market have not ever been realized.  The price could easily soar if restrictions are eased in China, otherwise I think we will see a generally steady price with gradual increases.
Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 03:11:03 PM

Any new thoughts given the price drop today?

InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 03:53:49 PM

This drop could be have triggered by the new big companies like Dell Newegg etc because maybe
they are cashing out all the bitcoins earned in these first days of commerce.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 05:41:54 PM

It's funny when people write 'I'm just guessing but I think...' followed by a list of very specific price moves with zero rationale, support, or logic to back up their assumptions.

This poll is useful, it's great to see people optomistic. The posts should talk about how we spread the use of Bitcoin. If each of us introduced one new person to it, how much growth would we see?

What is so funny about that?  Posters on this bitcoin talk form do such all the time - sometimes reasons are stated and sometimes NOT.  In my thinking specifics are better than a mere assertion of an amount without a date or without any other specifics.

Also, in my thinking, the reason that posters have to state that they do NOT know is mainly for reasons that the poster is likely NOT a whale who can manipulate the direction of bitcoin - whales have some control over the direction of bitcoin, but likely only for short periods of time.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 05:47:08 PM

I stick with my yesterday prediction at the top of this page (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=707004.msg7998839#msg7998839), except I will modify the lower amount of fluctuation to $550 to $650 - and that BTC may stay in this price range for about a month before moving up to the $700 to $850 range at the end of the year and then the $3k to $5k bubble thereafter, by no later than early 2015.

Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 05:53:53 PM

I'm probably being really optimistic, but I think Bitcoin will be worth around $950, if not $1000. But I'm looking at 2015 as the year of opportunity.

I expect about $200-300 increases as time progresses, but don't quote me. I'd expect increases to go slowly at first, and increase in speed until we reach a fairly high point in value.

I eagerly await to see what will happen to Bitcoin!
gelar24

Activity: 182
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 07:48:34 PM

With the rapid adaption of Bitcoin i do believe that price would still recover to 900-1200USD by the end of 2014 and an an continuous upward trend by 2015.

Change is the only constant thing in this world, Bitcoin and digital currencies is the answer to our Digital age.  Grin

yes I've experienced an increase in the end of each year.

but I do not know if the end of this year will rise to $ 1000 again?

yes we wait, hopefully up Smiley
Sheldor333

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:11:30 AM

I'll be satisfied if it grows to 700$, all that matters is a steady growth in my opinion. Then there is more trust in BTC and more growth.

Baitty

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Currently held as collateral by monbux

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 11:13:17 AM

$800-$1000 would be my educated guess and hopefully it will come true to even exceed my prediction.

Currently held as collateral by monbux
jambola2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 12:09:15 PM

Predicting the value Bitcoin is the worst way to waste your time.

Most of the people here spending their time on the forums believe that the value of Bitcoin will rise and will be worth something in the long run. However , short term speculation is useless.

The price of a single bitcoin depends mainly on what happens to Bitcoin businesses.

Unless you are John Donahoe and you decide that from tomorrow Paypal is going to accept Bitcoin , or any other huge business deciding to accept Bitcoin , you have no power in prediction.

You may flaunt your ability to predict the value of other commodities , but Bitcoin is much more volatile and even more heavily affected by public perception.

I believe that Bitcoin will stay at 650$ for as long as it takes for either , a big business to accept Bitcoin or a huge spike in awareness.

No longer active on bitcointalk, however, you can still reach me via PMs if needed.
regedit (OP)

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 12:26:21 PM

Factors that affects Bitcoin price

Supply of bitcoins increases over time, as determined by the rules in the software which is run by the majority of miners, and increases regularly over time, in decreasing increments. It can also decrease when people lose access to the private keys which are needed to spend bitcoins.

The demand is driven by a variety of factors:
Bitcoin's utility as a flexible medium of exchange, with low transaction costs, efficient micropayments, little effective regulation, ease of becoming a merchant, pseudonymous accounts, and a worldwide market.

Impediments to the bitcoin economy caused by the friction and inconvenience of using bitcoins due to idiosyncratic software, difficulties obtaining bitcoins, relative lack of people who have bitcoins to spend, the risks of a new experimental currency, lack of understanding, etc.

Demand from new users, derived from recent publicity or new uses.

Speculation as to the future of bitcoins as an investment, over the long-term as well as the short term

Competition from related transactional or investment options such as Paypal, gold, etc.

Update Note that as long at the overall exchange market is relatively small, the market price can be manipulated by sufficiently well-funded investors who can expand the supply of available bitcoins, or increase demand, to meet their own goals.
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 12:42:19 PM

I believe that Bitcoin will stay at 650$ for as long as it takes for either , a big business to accept Bitcoin or a huge spike in awareness.

Dell isn't a small company but its adoption hasn't changed the buy pressure, on the contrary the value is dropping a little.
There are few business which can give a spark to the bitcoin rocket, but maybe they should be in the top5  in the world to have some positive effect.
kaiy

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 12:17:10 PM

Recently, many companies have accepted the BTC. But BTC the price is not too many changes, I feel that a new wave of market to fight.
It is now test your patience.
polynesia
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 01:35:38 PM

Dell isn't a small company but its adoption hasn't changed the buy pressure, on the contrary the value is dropping a little.
There are few business which can give a spark to the bitcoin rocket, but maybe they should be in the top5  in the world to have some positive effect.

If there are some B2B transactions in BTC, that can give a huge impetus. Maybe, if dell used this BTC to pay its suppliers, then the bitcoin economy would really take off.
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 05:04:43 PM

The 2013 spike of Bitcoin price was ignited by the government of Cyprus expropriating deposits in their banks. So if Europe decides on something like this again but on a larger scale now, the Bitcoin price will skyrocket once again. In this case I expect that it will definitely get to the all time highs and above.
powerguy

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 07:34:21 PM

it will skyrocket again!
CoinsCoinsEverywhere

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 08:33:58 PM

I think we have a shot for modestly higher prices by the end of the year, but I think it pretty much comes down to investment opportunities.  The launching of large investment funds would help.  An ETF could easily spark another rally, but it's hard to know if that will happen before 2015 or not.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: