Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 02:47:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Poloniex exchange just added Monero Markets and removed LTC markets  (Read 2862 times)
galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 12:59:25 AM

This is a major shift.  Congrats to the Monero community, I would have never expected them to simply dump the LTC markets for XMR.
oldmarsh

Activity: 247
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 01:01:28 AM

Poloniex is irrelevant. My bet: XMR will never be traded on a real exchange. In all probability it will most likely will go the path of all the other hype coins this year, aka Vertcoin, Auroracoin, Blackcoin, now Darkcoin which has begun slowly fading away. I think you've all had your dicks in the Monero dev's mouth for too long.
Joshuar

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

eidoo wallet

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 01:09:47 AM

Poloniex is irrelevant. My bet: XMR will never be traded on a real exchange. In all probability it will most likely will go the path of all the other hype coins this year, aka Vertcoin, Auroracoin, Blackcoin, now Darkcoin which has begun slowly fading away. I think you've all had your dicks in the Monero dev's mouth for too long.

You make no sense....every post youve made here has been blatantly trolling/lying, and to top it off, you support scam coins like H2OCoin.

Poloniex and Mintpal both get over 300 btc volume($150,000) regularly, getting over 1,000 to 10,000 btc(a few million $) volume on some days. And Bitifinex gets over 5,000($2.5million) btc volume, regularly.

In the case of Darkcoin, it got added to the 3rd most traded cryptocurrency exchange...on earth. You are obviously a troll, because everything you've said has been lies, or makes absolutely no sense......

In the case of Monero, it got it's own Market on a exchange, which has yet to happen to other altcoins. It also rose to $6 per coin and it's only 3 months old. It also offers the highest anonymity of coins out there, and is the first fairly released cryptonote coin..

Plus, we all know the altcoins you support, H2OCoin, a scam coin in which you bought into it's scam IPO. Your posts should be taken with 1 grain of salt. See below..You are obviously a troll, because everything you've said has been lies, or makes absolutely no sense......

ThisWeeksCoin
If you have to leave, please leave. Developer is going to sleep. He has been online for more than 30 hours
ThisWeeksCoin
The launch is tomorrow. Sorry for your wasted time

What a joke.

Resetting the timer surely meant that the work was done, now this?

Bye bye H2O coin, won't be bothering with you again. Nice idea, epic fail launch and terrible letting people know what's been going on.

GOod luck to folks getting their IPO back!

I got my IPO refunded yesterday after the first failed launch. I'm surprised so few got a refund to be honest. Maybe this second failure will be a big enough smack in the head for them. Trying to push ahead now for a launch tomorrow is a huge mistake and you can already tell what is going to happen tomorrow. Even worse, @ThisWeeksCoin thinks it's all a joke and is laughing even though people have been waiting for 4 hours today while he strings them along for a second day in a row with broken promises. Guy is completely out of touch.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
OptimusPrime7

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 01:35:43 AM

Noooooo, am I reading this right? LTC market removed?
oldmarsh

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 01:37:02 AM

You make no sense....every post youve made here has been blatantly trolling/lying, and to top it off, you support scam coins like H2OCoin.

Poloniex and Mintpal both get over 300 btc volume($150,000) regularly, getting over 1,000 to 10,000 btc(a few million $) volume on some days. And Bitifinex gets over 5,000($2.5million) btc volume, regularly.

In the case of Darkcoin, it got added to the 3rd most traded cryptocurrency exchange...on earth. You are obviously a troll, because everything you've said has been lies, or makes absolutely no sense......

In the case of Monero, it got it's own Market on a exchange, which has yet to happen to other altcoins. It also rose to $6 per coin and it's only 3 months old. It also offers the highest anonymity of coins out there, and is the first fairly released cryptonote coin..

Plus, we all know the altcoins you support, H2OCoin, a scam coin in which you bought into it's scam IPO. Your posts should be taken with 1 grain of salt. See below..You are obviously a troll, because everything you've said has been lies, or makes absolutely no sense......

Care to point out specifically where I am 'blantantly lying' as you put it?

I never mentioned Mintpal in any of my posts, and Poloniex is actually irrelevant in terms of exchanges, as evidenced by Monero being its most-traded coin and a total volume of ~300 BTC. All the exchanges that actually matter have trade volumes WELL in the thousands of BTC. Poloniex is essentially equal to a pump-and-dump playground where a few whales fuck with noob traders like you.

I don't support any altcoins except LTC which has made me quite a bit of money, which was the main reason I responded to this thread to counter the "LTC is dead" bullshit.

And since you want to bring up my post history, if you look further into it you will see I was one of the earliest investors in Blackcoin in which I held a SIZEABLE amount that I purchased at ~1000 satoshis and ended up selling for SEVERAL times profit. No, I don't still support Blackcoin, it has served it's purpose for me and others who profited off it and now it is going to slowly fade away like we all knew it would.

I like that you are trying to bring up my 'investing' in h2o as a strawman argument, but since I withdrew the 'investment' I didn't actually invest anything, did I? If you actually knew the amount invested BTW you would withdraw your comment because it was such an extremely small amount. I was just using to have some clout in the thread and appear as a legit 'investor' to expose how ThisWeeksCoin was a releasing a scamcoin. If you looked further into the thread you would see my further prediction of H2Ocoin dwindling in price to 1 liteoshi, which ThisWeeksCoin said I would eat those words but actually did come true.

Nice try, A for effort, but none of this changes the fact that Monero is going to fail. Have fun with your bags of Monero, bud.

PS- For the future, saying something is 'a lie' or 'doesn't make sense' doesn't actually mean anything if you don't back it up and explain why 'it's a lie' or 'it doesn't make sense.' And no, bringing up some fallacious straw-man argument about a totally non-related topic doesn't count as an explanation why something else is a lie.
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 02:06:44 AM

i have no doubt it will be as popular as Cryptsy's XPM markets we laughed at way back on launch..

Well Cryptsy launched that market days before it was added to btce. This was also during the "Cryptsy and btce codes will work cross site" blah blah too

Take from that what you will

I like Poloniex a lot but this moves feels equally as selfish as the XPM debacle on Cryptsy

Joshuar

Activity: 504

eidoo wallet

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 02:17:10 AM

oldmarsh, as I said. your words are to be taken with 1 grain of salt.

You invested in a scam coin called H2Ocoin. You critisize exchanges(Poloniex, Mintpal) with over 300 btc daily volume as "not real", with Bitifinex having over $2million(4000 btc) trade volume daily. You are a troll sir. You don't make any sense.

I guess what a "real exchange" is to you is one of those scam exchanges, since your so fond of scam coins like h2ocoin.

This will be my last post to you, since I have more to do than argue with illogical trolls.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
oldmarsh

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 02:39:13 AM

oldmarsh, as I said. your words are to be taken with 1 grain of salt.

You invested in a scam coin called H2Ocoin. You critisize exchanges(Poloniex, Mintpal) with over 300 btc daily volume as "not real", with Bitifinex having over $2million(4000 btc) trade volume daily. You are a troll sir. You don't make any sense.

I guess what a "real exchange" is to you is one of those scam exchanges, since your so fond of scam coins like h2ocoin.

This will be my last post to you, since I have more to do than argue with illogical trolls.

Translation of your last line: "I'm not going to post anymore because you owned me and I think it's best I don't keep making an idiot of myself on here..."

Seriously, you didn't even quote my post because you aren't even responding to any of the points I raise and you know everything you are saying is bullshit. As I said, I didn't invest in H2Ocoin and if you included the rest of my post history in that thread I expose ThisWeeksCoin and H2Ocoin and encourage people to get refunds while they can and not fall for the scam.

Again, please point out where you say I am 'lying' and 'don't make any sense.' But you can't, so you just say you won't post anymore.

So I will post this again for you:

Nice try, A for effort, but none of this changes the fact that Monero is going to fail. Have fun with your bags of Monero, bud.

PS- For the future, saying something is 'a lie' or 'doesn't make sense' doesn't actually mean anything if you don't back it up and explain why 'it's a lie' or 'it doesn't make sense.' And no, bringing up some fallacious straw-man argument about a totally non-related topic doesn't count as an explanation why something else is a lie.
Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 02:39:56 AM

Really doesn't matter how well Monero is trading today, it's new. 6 months from now, 12 months from now, that will tell whether or not it truly has any value.

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
oldmarsh

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 02:48:40 AM

Really doesn't matter how well Monero is trading today, it's new. 6 months from now, 12 months from now, that will tell whether or not it truly has any value.

It actually does matter, Viper1. You can tell a lot from watching day to day trade volumes, even at the start of a new coin's life. Seeing a new coin come out and in it's first week have >1000 BTC worth of trade volume and a large price rise, and then seeing that volume slowly fade away over the next weeks and month pretty much proves the coin is a pump and dump within it's first month of existence. It doesn't matter then as 6-12 months down the road everyone already knows the coin is going to be dead. Only ones left at a loss at that point are the clueless bagholders, aka half the posters in this thread.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 03:02:24 AM

i have no doubt it will be as popular as Cryptsy's XPM markets we laughed at way back on launch..

Well Cryptsy launched that market days before it was added to btce. This was also during the "Cryptsy and btce codes will work cross site" blah blah too

Take from that what you will

I like Poloniex a lot but this moves feels equally as selfish as the XPM debacle on Cryptsy

ya..
those BTC-E codes never did get implemented on Cryptsy i think right ?
in case peopel don;t know they had mentioned a partnership but it didn't pan out last year..
and that was what i thought of when i heard a bunch of BTC-E guys were on Cryptsy's chat box not long ago hyping coins.
they also made Koolio a chat mod and he was the one doing it the most and getting the most complaints about his Cryptsy chat box behavior.

anyways lol

The Cryptsy XPM markets came out of no where with pretty much no warning.. they just did it.
and i believe most people felt it was a crappy idea.
I always liked XPM but never used it much and it's because mining them was too hard right after launch..
rented botnets etc made getting XPM coins for the little guy like me way too hard.
not an issue for all people but it's one for me..

edit:
and no offense Poloniex guys but they are not that relevant in my eyes.
i could never stand the UI and the coin selection and the kids that spam the chat box and the no warning order submit button and and and lol

FUD first & ask questions later™
Megalodon

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

Magic internet moneys ftw

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 03:05:43 AM

Poloniex is irrelevant though, I mean look at their total site volume. Cryptsy, Mintpal, and Bittrex are more important.

Only reason Poloniex made this move is because XMR has maintained a volume of at least 150 BTC almost every day for two months now, and they we're barely getting any volume on LTC markets, so it makes sense they made this business move of replacing their LTC markets with XMR instead. If Cryptsy does the same for XMR that's when it becomes a big deal.

Twitter TA calls and news: https://twitter.com/Crypt0cracy
My BTC Beer Fund: 12cBoUbbsAAxoAzyyeEw8zV1AXp3nbW7Mu
oldmarsh

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 03:18:15 AM

Poloniex is irrelevant though, I mean look at their total site volume. Cryptsy, Mintpal, and Bittrex are more important.

Only reason Poloniex made this move is because XMR has maintained a volume of at least 150 BTC almost every day for two months now, and they we're barely getting any volume on LTC markets, so it makes sense they made this business move of replacing their LTC markets with XMR instead. If Cryptsy does the same for XMR that's when it becomes a big deal.

I'm drunk as fuck but this 'Poloniex is irrelevant' shit I started is making me laugh.

When you at the volume ranks for exchanges, you see just how irrelevant Poloniex is though. http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/markets/info
Fuckin Kraken has a higher trade volume and I have honestly never even visited their website in my life. Even the other ones you listed, Cryptsy and Mintpal don't look too hot in the grand scheme of things, Bittrex seems to be doing alright, especially by altcoin exchange standards and for being a newer exchange. But I mean Bitstamp, BTCChina and BTC-e are just raping those other exchanges in terms of volume, and this list doesn't even include OKCoin which does some heavy BTC and LTC volume.
wwhitman

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 03:44:28 AM

Well, what matters is if the exchange is profitable, and how low the volume would have to be for the exchange not to be profitable.

B/C as long as the exchange is profitable, why would they shut down?

I don't know the economics of running an exchange. Did Poloniex use to be very large and has been shrinking? If they aren't decreasing in volume and can provide a market for Monero that people trust (read: coins are safe), then it will continue to exist and fulfill a niche. The 2 reasons to switch are trust and liquidity, and right now Poloniex has both.

Poloniex is betting on a certain horse to succeed (due to volume, probably didn't have a choice). If XMR does succeed, Poloniex will be doing quite well assuming they are indeed taking the XMR fees from the trades and hodling.

Saying it is irrelevant is only proportional. I use it and love it, so it is not irrelevant to me.  However, if the you believe that the exchange is losing money and that is increasing the chance of a cut-and-run, I'm all ears.
binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 07:19:04 AM

I don't think arguing constructively with people that are in delusion is worthy, or even possible.
In my opinion LTC will slowly fade away because it is too similar to bitcoin, and as such cannot be seen as complementary to it. At one point in crypto history, changing two numbers and the PoW function was seen as a major differentiation, but this is not the case anymore. We have altcoins around that do provide a real differentiation from bitcoin/litecoin. Thus they can live along bitcoin, being complementary to it by filling different needs.

The fact that LTC was the #2 since its inception, does not mean it will remain so for ever in the future.
I am sure many large LTC holders don't have the open mind to look around and be curious at what is existing now... However they should really do so, it doesn't mean they would sell their LTC for something else, but if they choose to hold them it would be a well-thought choice. I am sure many are not doing it, seeing how they scream pump&dump right away. Not everything is a pump&dump, be careful not to miss something big because your emotions make you blind to its actual characteristics and potential value, or overestimate the value of what you hold.

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 07:27:01 AM

Poloniex has been fucking up for ever now.

Back when dcm wanted to hold the IPO there, they told DCM to wait while they chose some trash coin to IPO, which btw.. sold like only 10% of it's ask while dcm sold out in 24 hours.

Then they talked shit about cloak code and declined to list it, once again missing out on 1000's of extra btc volume.

Busoni is running polo into the ground!
Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 07:27:50 AM

interested someone say ltc will touch $100 end of this year . but exchange once by one remove it slowly .
and people still keep and hoping something .
im invest LTC to but i not have many dreams with LTC . just hope little bit to profit later . and if it happen in end of the year will be amaing and LTC will follow BTC in end of 2013 later hoho
interested to see shock millioner later.
venlo

Activity: 187
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 09:09:29 AM

adding xmr-market is maybe good
but i don't see for what reason they would remove the litecoinmarkets? To troll litecoin or to leave you no other choice but to buy monero to get those other coins? We'll know what's happening if we see more and more coins going to xmr-markets early.

My best guess: polo-staff is holding a monero-bag
othe

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 09:31:54 AM

The Litecoin markets there simply had no volume and thus were irrelevant, you can trade LTC on nearly all big BTC exchanges and people use them instead.
Thats it, theres no conspiracy against LTC, LTC is on a shitton of other exchanges so no one really used it on Poloniex.

Exchanges simply delist unused pairings or coins when no one uses them...

Sorry but no conspiracy theory involved there...

venlo

Activity: 187
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 09:56:12 AM

The Litecoin markets there simply had no volume and thus were irrelevant, you can trade LTC on nearly all big BTC exchanges and people use them instead.
Thats it, theres no conspiracy against LTC, LTC is on a shitton of other exchanges so no one really used it on Poloniex.

Exchanges simply delist unused pairings or coins when no one uses them...

Sorry but no conspiracy theory involved there...

lol. What's that comment? You think xmr-market will have more volume than LTC? Are you sure?
Thinking someone bought some coins before pushing them is not a conspiracy theory. I don't need a tinfoil-hat or crystal ball to know someone is holding a monero-bag here. What ever. I don't care. Have fun.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: