Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:48:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kraken making their fee higher?  (Read 974 times)
Josepht (OP)

Activity: 1008
Merit: 515

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 12:13:24 AM
Last edit: August 07, 2014, 12:48:22 AM by Josepht

I just received a email from kraken telling me that they are introducing a new fee structure.
With this structure, I will have to pay a fee of 0,35% instead of the 0,20% I am paying now. That's an increase of 75%. Quite a lot in my opinion.
What are your thoughts about this?
Fioraver

Activity: 472
Merit: 100

Gamblica Pre-Sale launch 01.03.2018!

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 02:11:09 AM

This is against world trends, even bitstamp, lakebtc, and more exchange is ready to lower fee

desticy

Activity: 1512
Merit: 292

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 03:17:23 AM

This is against world trends, even bitstamp, lakebtc, and more exchange is ready to lower fee
bitstamp had already cut down the deposits fee (although other exchnages is free on deposits  Angry), and lakebtc has said for a long time for its fee structure change.

you can see: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=708081.0

asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 07:31:37 PM

I just received a email from kraken telling me that they are introducing a new fee structure.
With this structure, I will have to pay a fee of 0,35% instead of the 0,20% I am paying now. That's an increase of 75%. Quite a lot in my opinion.

uhm...kraken didn't send any mail to me. Need to check it out!
Keyara

Activity: 174

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 09:06:27 PM

Their customers will most like move to another exchange due to fee increase.
hyipworld

Activity: 233

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 06:04:52 PM

how is it possible Kraken increase fee structure for few members this not a fair deal with member Tongue . can you tell what was the mailing address where from you received the mail by Kraken ?
Josepht (OP)

Activity: 1008
Merit: 515

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 10:02:45 PM

how is it possible Kraken increase fee structure for few members this not a fair deal with member Tongue . can you tell what was the mailing address where from you received the mail by Kraken ?
Noreply@kraken.com
Cortex7

Activity: 238
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 10:30:49 PM

Without doubt it will trigger some users to move exchange.

How many, that's the question.

High frequency traders will be hit hardest.

Lower frequency traders will not mind as much.

Many traders prefer to hold account with the exchange rather than incurring constant deposit/withdrawal fees and hassle. And so they value exchange integrity highly.

If I had to chose an exchange to store coin/fiat in for an extended period I would still chose Kraken. Ver and Powell spare no expense with regard to security and public transparency. I believe it is the exchange which has the least chance of being "goxxed".

So from the perspective of a low to medium frequency trader who doesn't want to worry about their deposit security it still remains a strong choice in my opinion.

But twitch traders with a relatively modest account, will prefer other exchanges, offsetting the reduced security and transparency against the lower fees.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: