Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 06:51:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Celery - easy, fast and low‑fee way to purchase Bitcoin  (Read 1714 times)
riddler (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 11:33:38 AM
Last edit: July 26, 2014, 07:44:34 PM by riddler

Celery

We're just finishing up our beta testing. Buy coins directly from your bank account. Currently, US only.

Our goal is greater consumer adoption of digital currencies.

Could you give us some feedback?

EDIT: We've launched!
Announcement: http://blog.btxtrader.com/
CoinDesk coverage: http://www.coindesk.com/celery-launches-consumer-friendly-bitcoin-dogecoin-buying-service/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Korberos

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 05:40:39 PM

I've never seen a site like this that required my banking LOGIN AND PASSWORD.

I understand why you might need account and routing numbers, but LOGIN AND PASSWORD? Really? Can you please explain this? And can you confirm whether or not there will be an alternative wait time or something to avoid giving this? It seems super sketchy....
devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 06:13:54 PM

Just because someone's using a nice template doesn't mean you should trust their site. Use with caution!

riddler (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 11:58:12 AM

Regarding bank info:

Your information is never stored and is secured by an industry-leading financial aggregation service called Yodlee, which is trusted by companies like Paypal and Venmo. Please feel free to look them up. Coinbase uses them as well if I'm not mistaken.

We know and understand that some users just don't want to use instant account verification. At some point downstream, we will add micro-deposits for those users.

Regarding templates:

This is an in-house design Smiley

Regarding legitimacy:

Here are some links that might make you feel more comfortable:
http://www.coindesk.com/celery-launches-consumer-friendly-bitcoin-dogecoin-buying-service/
https://coinreport.net/celery-launches-web-wallet-cryptocurrency-vendor-aims-compete-coinbase/
Google: wall street journal celery [I can't post the WSJ link for some reason]
bitbaby

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 01:48:26 PM

What kind of security do buyers have? I mean here, people use really old trusted escrows to purchase/sell bitcoins. So how can a user trust you, that if he sends money to you, you will send him bitcoins? Would you trust a stranger by sending him bitcoins first?

kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 06:42:19 PM

Just because someone's using a nice template doesn't mean you should trust their site. Use with caution!
someone else is just using the BTX trader icons and layout.  which make sense as the ssl certificate for this site was registered on 2014/7/18 by BTXTrader LLC.

not saying the site is good or bad; just making the observation that it was setup with the past week or so. 

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
riddler (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 07:49:40 PM

bitbay,

We've been operating BTX Trader for the past six months with thousands of users who have linked their exchange accounts via API keys.
We are backed by a NASDAQ-traded public company (WPCS).

We're adding some testimonials to the site soon we well.

What kind of security do buyers have? I mean here, people use really old trusted escrows to purchase/sell bitcoins. So how can a user trust you, that if he sends money to you, you will send him bitcoins? Would you trust a stranger by sending him bitcoins first?
riddler (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 07:50:48 PM

Yes, the product was launched on Friday!

I'm Divya from BTX Trader -- the guy quoted in the news article.

Please see below:
EDIT: We've launched!
Announcement: http://blog.btxtrader.com/
CoinDesk coverage: http://www.coindesk.com/celery-launches-consumer-friendly-bitcoin-dogecoin-buying-service/

someone else is just using the BTX trader icons and layout.  which make sense as the ssl certificate for this site was registered on 2014/7/18 by BTXTrader LLC.

not saying the site is good or bad; just making the observation that it was setup with the past week or so.  
+Bitcoin

Activity: 45

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 07:25:54 AM

This is probably the worst exchange I've seen for a while.

It goes like this. You sign-up. You enter everything what they want. You verify your bank account. You initiate the deposit. It goes really really smoothly till here and you say to yourself, finally a great exchange.

Then your deposit gets rejected. They do not tell you why. You contact them via email and ask why your deposit got rejected. They tell you you need to send them even more documents. You send them more documents.

You place the deposit again. Your deposit gets rejected. You contact them via email and ask why your deposit got rejected again. They say, that you should link your Facebook or Linkedin or Paypal, so they can verify you more. You do it.

You initiate the deposit. Your deposit gets rejected.

Since you told your bitcoin mailing list about the service, you got about 200$ in commissions. But you can not get those commissions, because you can not make a deposit. Because you can collect them only if you buy bitcoins from them. But you can not buy bitcoins from them.

You give up. Since they pissed you, you tell them they should cancel your account. They ignore you.

Your account is still there. You can not delete your account.

They simply do not do what they say.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2015, 11:35:15 PM

Someone just PMed me they got this message from Celery, 7 DAYS AGO: "Your order is late and should be delivered shortly. We apologize for the inconvenience." but still no BTC. You're holding up MY trade now!

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
TheGrimm

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 05:41:10 PM

These guys are crap, what +Bitcoin is 100% true they are doing the same thing to me. They keep asking me to add facebook, to add twitter, to add my id then ad a picture of my holding my id, whats next they want a blood test? They been ignoring me for 4 days now, and my order is going on 8 days with 0 response, this is the worst "company" I have ever seen in bitcoin history.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: