Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 04:46:59 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: U.N. Says ISIS Fatwa Orders ALL Women In Mosul For Female Genital Mutilation  (Read 3549 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 02:57:32 PM

I think that this is a hoax. The ISIS / ISIL is composed of fighters from all around the world, including regions where the Female Genital Mutilation is practiced (such as Somalia, Egypt and Sudan), as well as those from regions where it is not practiced (such as Chechenya and Uzbekistan). Since the latter group is having a majority, this will never be carried out.

I pray allah it is a hoax and so are all my muslim friends. The mutilation of little girls or grown women is but a deviation of what is written... We will make our voice one, all over the world, to bring a stop to this barbaric idea, real or not.

No Clitoris! No justice! No Peace!

Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 03:25:21 PM

I think that this is a hoax. The ISIS / ISIL is composed of fighters from all around the world, including regions where the Female Genital Mutilation is practiced (such as Somalia, Egypt and Sudan), as well as those from regions where it is not practiced (such as Chechenya and Uzbekistan). Since the latter group is having a majority, this will never be carried out.
The 'religion of peace' strikes again.  And there you have it.  Bush created ISIS. What is islam doing to stop ISIS from murdering, rioting and now mutilation?  
What is Islam doing to stop it?

Those who are doing nothing agree with it which makes them no different…

Like you may have a problem with the tactics of the progressives, but you really don't have a problem with the outcome so you ignore the tactics of the progressives which makes you no different…

Like if a friend of yours commits a crime and you do nothing to stop them, you are just as guilty… It is simple
What is Islam supposed to do to stop it? We're not talking about a friend committing a crime. Islam is a global religion, and you have a few factions who commit these horrible acts. Most of the Muslim communities condemn ISIS and the things they do, but you blame them because what - they're not all getting on planes to Iraq to fight ISIS directly? Do you know just how stupid you sound? Do you care?
Unfortunately, these women are on their own and as callous as it sounds, the spoils of war pretty much define their dilemma.

One thing that puzzles me. Several months ago, when ISIS was first penetrating into Iraq, they set up staging areas in the desert in order to begin their attacks on these Iraqi cities. The Iraqi government was aware of this and secretly asked Obama to attack these ISIS staging areas, located in the desert and far from civilian population. Obama refused their request.
Rigon

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 03:31:32 PM

Now this is the part I don't get. I understand Obama is trying to pressure the Iraqi government to be more inclusive. Political druthers, I don't have a problem with that. But what I don't understand, is why Obama would pass up such a golden opportunity to attack and virtually eliminate a large contingent of these Islamic fanatics when he has absolutely no problem with attacking these same fanatics in other parts of the world and more often than not, when civilians are at risk.

Obviously, Obama's political druthers haven't worked out while the situation in Iraq has become even worse with these same Islaimc fanatics now entrenched, the same Islamic fanatics Obama could have destroyed almost from the get-go. An all-out attack on these fanatics, in the middle of the desert, no civilians around and almost a guaranteed chance of success. And Obama passed on it for what appears to be...political druthers.

A case of poor judgement...or just late to the dance again?
zolace

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 03:50:09 PM

Now this is the part I don't get. I understand Obama is trying to pressure the Iraqi government to be more inclusive. Political druthers, I don't have a problem with that. But what I don't understand, is why Obama would pass up such a golden opportunity to attack and virtually eliminate a large contingent of these Islamic fanatics when he has absolutely no problem with attacking these same fanatics in other parts of the world and more often than not, when civilians are at risk.

Obviously, Obama's political druthers haven't worked out while the situation in Iraq has become even worse with these same Islaimc fanatics now entrenched, the same Islamic fanatics Obama could have destroyed almost from the get-go. An all-out attack on these fanatics, in the middle of the desert, no civilians around and almost a guaranteed chance of success. And Obama passed on it for what appears to be...political druthers.

As if you wouldn't have lambasted Obama for making strikes on these sites if he'd agreed to it. It is not Obama's fault that every time someone looks at an Iraqi solder sternly, they drop their weapon, strip out of their uniform and run away. I know that for you, absolutely anything that happens is Obama's fault, but it's just not true.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:03:59 PM

Absolutely anything that happens is Obama's fault!

Rigon

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:56:10 PM

As if you wouldn't have lambasted Obama for making strikes on these sites if he'd agreed to it. It is not Obama's fault that every time someone looks at an Iraqi solder sternly, they drop their weapon, strip out of their uniform and run away. I know that for you, absolutely anything that happens is Obama's fault, but it's just not true.
Put down the koolaid, take off your partisan blinders and try thinking for a moment. Like you, I have completely supported Obama's use of drones to attack these Islamic fanatics and have said so numerous times in this forum. Even the American renegades thrown in the pot.

As far as I'm concerned, this was a golden opportunity for Obama to continue those attacks and I would have fully supported that decision. Now go back to sleep.
zolace

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 05:00:09 PM

Put down the koolaid, take off your partisan blinders and try thinking for a moment. Like you, I have completely supported Obama's use of drones to attack these Islamic fanatics and have said so numerous times in this forum. Even the American renegades thrown in the pot.

As far as I'm concerned, this was a golden opportunity for Obama to continue those attacks and I would have fully supported that decision. Now go back to sleep.
The thing is, what point to attacking them? Look, if it's not ISIS, it will be someone else. We take out this year, next year it's OSIRIS or whatever. Are we supposed to go rushing to Iraq's request everytime they can't control their own internal affairs? Now, if you're operating under the principle of "we broke it, we bought it", then, yes, we have an affirmative responsibility to maintain the "peace" we created.

But geopolitically, anyway, it makes more sense for us, as Americans, to let the chaos continue. We are not inclined as a body politic to expend military action--even if you are most would just see it as Obama interfering again--and it doesn't make sense for us strategically. You're right in a sense--this is just a horrible situation for these young girls, but it is part of their lot these days.

I think you may want to ask your fellow conservatives how many of them would support the "we broke it, we bought it" argument. I think you'll find it's very few.

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 05:03:12 PM

YOUR president?  What-ever do you mean?  Haven't you been one of the jerkwads who keep reminding me that he's OUR president, as in "your" and "my"....LMAO!!
So, for the sake of brevity, I'll assume you are referring to W.
Then, you are saying that Iraqi women were better of in the "rape rooms" of Saddam and Udey and Kusey?  Really?
When W left office, the serge had pretty well succeeded, we were working with the new police and military of Iraq, girls were in school, and except for the periodic sorties of the insurgents (who after Hussein bugged out were able to take over) all was going pretty damn well.  YOUR president handed the country over to the Islamists, just like he did Libya, Egypt, and tried to do in Syria.

Rigon

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 05:04:21 PM

Now this is the kind of drama queen response that fits into the list of 10 reasons not to be a leftie. I'm one of the few on either side of the aisle that is against drones because they're used in communities instead of in war zones. I would have lauded obama for taking out a contingency of radical muslim terrorists before they could inflict more damage. And since obama has stated time and time again, as bush did, that we are at war with terrorists not islam why in the world would you think that anyone anywhere in the world would be upset because obama used drones to take out a band of terrorists? So in response to your strawman argument that had he acted in response to iraqs request conservatives would have whined, sometimes you do the right thing because its the right thing regardless of what it will do to your political career. BTW he certainly didn't care what conservatives thought when he shoved obamacare down the throats of the majority that didn't want it now did he? And because he put his popularity ahead of lives there are tens of thousands of murdered humans and now you compassionate humanists on the left have to defend obamas do nothing stance that killed innocent men, women and children.
Rigon

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 05:05:54 PM

The thing is, what point to attacking them? Look, if it's not ISIS, it will be someone else. We take out this year, next year it's OSIRIS or whatever. Are we supposed to go rushing to Iraq's request everytime they can't control their own internal affairs? Now, if you're operating under the principle of "we broke it, we bought it", then, yes, we have an affirmative responsibility to maintain the "peace" we created.

But geopolitically, anyway, it makes more sense for us, as Americans, to let the chaos continue. We are not inclined as a body politic to expend military action--even if you are most would just see it as Obama interfering again--and it doesn't make sense for us strategically. You're right in a sense--this is just a horrible situation for these young girls, but it is part of their lot these days.

I think you may want to ask your fellow conservatives how many of them would support the "we broke it, we bought it" argument. I think you'll find it's very few.
As far as I'm concerned, it's a trade off. These Islamic fanatics (like ISIS), are as much our enemies as they are Iraq's. It's not a question of rushing in the help Iraq as it is addressing our own national security interests. And that would include any Islamic fanatical group committed to attacking the American people and I don't particulary care when and where. The only caveat being a regard for civilain casualties. Maybe I'm old fashioned but attacking and killing these Islamic fanatics whenever possible seems a reasonable response.
zolace

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 05:07:56 PM

There is no mention of FGM in the Bible or Quran.[102] Although its origins are pre-Islamic according to Gerry Mackie, a reseacher it became associated with Islam because of that religion's focus on female modesty and chastity, and is found only within or near Muslim communities. [103] It is praised in several hadith (sayings attributed to Muhammad) as noble but not required, along with advice that the milder forms are kinder to women.[104] However, Mackie's research is contradicted by both USAID and UNFPA which argues that the prevalence of FGM should actually be delinked from Islam, that the practice predates Islam, is unIslamic and contradicts Islamic law. [105]

However, it is generally accepted that there is no close link between the practice and religious belief.[106] Despite this, there is a widespread view in several countries, particularly in Mali, Eritrea, Mauritania, Guinea and Egypt, that FGM is a religious requirement.[107]In 2006 several leading Islamic scholars called for an end to the practice, and in 2007 the Al-Azhar Supreme Council of Islamic Research in Cairo ruled that it has no basis in Islamic law.[108] According to Mackie, it is not practised in Mecca and Medina in Saudi Arabia, Islam's holiest cities, although there have been reports of it in that country, perhaps among immigrant communities.[109] Surveys have shown that there is a widespread belief in several countries, particularly Eritrea, Egypt, Guinea, Mali and Mauritania, that FGM is a religious requirement.[110] Mackie and LeJeune write that practitioners may not distinguish between religion, tradition and chastity, which makes it difficult to interpret the data.[111]

Outside Islam, FGM has been practised by the Christian Copts in Egypt and Sudan, and by the Beta Israel of Ethiopia, the only Jewish group known to have practised it. Judaism requires male circumcision, but does not allow FGM.[112]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_genital_mutilation

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
Rigon

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 05:10:21 PM

First of all, I don't see Obama interfering with miliatry force as necessarily a bad thing, leastwise, not in this case. He has a track record of using drones in other countries almost as chaotic (northwestern Pakistan, Afghanistan come to mind), this was almost easy pickings. Secondly, we are supposed to be in this for the long haul and every opportunity should be taken advantage of.
ChiliPowder

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 06:26:19 PM

Since the people wont fight back, hopefully this will make them. 100's are executed daily and now they are going to maim your women and children. Hopefully the people have had enough it is easy millions versus thousands.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 11:05:08 PM

...Her future...

petestheman

Activity: 406

BINGO! BOUNTY MANAGEMENT

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 10:53:16 AM

Okay Michelle Obama, show what your worth! Will you stand up and fight for millions of women who are being ravaged by misogyny? Or will you be petulant and weak, just like your husband?
Every time you talk about ISIS, I ask the same thing -  what do you think we should be doing about them that we are not? Do you want us to go to war again?  I find ISIS to be deplorable in the things they do. But we created this problem in Iraq when we invaded under false pretenses and deposed the stable - albeit tyrannical - government there.  Under Saddam Hussein's government, women had a hell of a lot more rights than they have under the radical Islamic faction called ISIS. Stop blaming liberals for the mess your President created.

I wish I could like comments on this. +1

Iraq had a stable and relax government under Hussein but we had to intervene and ruin it.

BINGO! BOUNTIES : BOUNTY AND COMMUNITY MANAGERS

FINDING CRYPTO PROJECTS WHICH CAN MAKE THIS WORLD A BETTER PLACE TO LIVE IN.
bitsmichel

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 11:12:44 AM

Okay Michelle Obama, show what your worth! Will you stand up and fight for millions of women who are being ravaged by misogyny? Or will you be petulant and weak, just like your husband?
Every time you talk about ISIS, I ask the same thing -  what do you think we should be doing about them that we are not? Do you want us to go to war again?  I find ISIS to be deplorable in the things they do. But we created this problem in Iraq when we invaded under false pretenses and deposed the stable - albeit tyrannical - government there.  Under Saddam Hussein's government, women had a hell of a lot more rights than they have under the radical Islamic faction called ISIS. Stop blaming liberals for the mess your President created.

Iraq had a stable and relax government under Hussein but we had to intervene and ruin it.

The cause here is not the US invasion prior, but the amount of retards on this planet with a lot of power - who chose to do this to innocent girls.

petestheman

Activity: 406

BINGO! BOUNTY MANAGEMENT

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 11:15:48 AM

Every time you talk about ISIS, I ask the same thing -  what do you think we should be doing about them that we are not? Do you want us to go to war again?  I find ISIS to be deplorable in the things they do. But we created this problem in Iraq when we invaded under false pretenses and deposed the stable - albeit tyrannical - government there.  Under Saddam Hussein's government, women had a hell of a lot more rights than they have under the radical Islamic faction called ISIS. Stop blaming liberals for the mess your President created.

The cause here is not the US invasion prior, but the amount of retards on this planet with a lot of power - who chose to do this to innocent girls.

Well if Hussein was still in power no one would be stupid enough to try any of this shit. Mentioning female mutilation under his regime would have probably gotten you killed. He gave a lot of freedom to women especially if you consider he was a Sunni regime.

BINGO! BOUNTIES : BOUNTY AND COMMUNITY MANAGERS

FINDING CRYPTO PROJECTS WHICH CAN MAKE THIS WORLD A BETTER PLACE TO LIVE IN.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 04:10:13 PM

Ruined it for the people in power you mean?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halabja_poison_gas_attack

The Halabja chemical attack

The Halabja chemical attack (Kurdish: Kîmyabarana Helebce کیمیابارانی ھەڵەبجە), also known as the Halabja Massacre or Bloody Friday, was a genocidal massacre against the Kurdish people that took place on March 16, 1988, during the closing days of the Iran–Iraq War in the Kurdish city of Halabja in Southern Kurdistan. The attack was part of the Al-Anfal campaign in northern Iraq, as well as part of the Iraqi attempt to repel the Iranian Operation Zafar 7. It took place 48 hours after the fall of the town to Iranian army and Kurdish guerrillas.

The attack killed between 3,200 and 5,000 people and injured 7,000 to 10,000 more, most of them civilians. Thousands more died of complications, diseases, and birth defects in the years after the attack. The incident, which has been officially defined as an act of genocide against the Kurdish people in Iraq, was and still remains the largest chemical weapons attack directed against a civilian-populated area in history.

The Halabja attack has been recognized as a separate event from the Anfal Genocide that was also conducted against the Kurdish people by the Iraqi regime under Saddam Hussein. The Iraqi High Criminal Court recognized the Halabja massacre as an act of genocide on March 1, 2010, a decision welcomed by the Kurdistan Regional Government. The attack was also condemned as a crime against humanity by the Parliament of Canada.

http://youtu.be/hYGA00Vjc1U

jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1073

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 04:13:24 PM

I'm against women mutilation, women private parts should not be touch and change like that. Women should be cared and love not hurt.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 04:26:00 PM

I'm against women mutilation, women private parts should not be touch and change like that. Women should be cared and love not hurt.

Just like my cattle is cared and love, not hurt... Wink

How about "women should be respected as equal to men in society"? Too far?

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: