Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:34:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MPEx securities discussion thread  (Read 11997 times)
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 07:28:36 PM

@jimbo i dont have anything against you man, but you should serioulsy consider finding some other hobby than just trashing those peps. We get it that you just cant bare them, so why not just moving on now? As far as i can tell they are going to be in the picture for a lonnng time.

Im just saying these folks seems smart and provocative enough to consider their ideas, aside from all that junk coming from coindesk & co.

PS: i just connected to their IRC channel and i got some free BTC from someone i did not know (and no, i did not show my tities!!) Cheesy
https://blockchain.info/tx/da7535933f733eb870c831d41de8678c9ddf4b2f7f2a7ebab7de534036bcb8e5

thats the spirit! Tongue

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 07:46:11 PM

@jimbo i dont have anything against you man, but you should serioulsy consider finding some other hobby than just trashing those peps. We get it that you just cant bare them, so why not just moving on now?

Funny that you say that yet completely support someone who was literally paid several BTC per month to spam/trash everything that is not mpex.

Why not addressing one of the several elephants in the room? Why is 90% of their revenue from recruiting new investonomers? Why is the exchange owner taking such a huge role in "educating" his "investors"? Why is every single company co-owned by the exchange owner?

Im just saying these folks seems smart and provocative enough to consider their ideas, aside from all that junk coming from coindesk & co.

Why don't you share some of these great ideas?
hdbuck
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 08:28:04 PM

Funny that you say that yet completely support someone who was literally paid several BTC per month to spam/trash everything that is not mpex.

Why not addressing one of the several elephants in the room? Why is 90% of their revenue from recruiting new investonomers? Why is the exchange owner taking such a huge role in "educating" his "investors"? Why is every single company co-owned by the exchange owner?

I dont care, im not paying. People do whatever they want with their money. Not my problem. Still there seem to be quite some people paying for a seat at MP's table lately. Kul for them.
+ education is cool. they sure seem to have a lot a fun altogether.

Why don't you share some of these great ideas?

meh, go find for yourself. Tongue
pummle (OP)

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

Bleating sense into the world

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 02:07:27 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2014, 02:42:10 PM by pummle

New share up on MPEx, S.QNTR.

This will be shares of the company running Qntra.net, a bitcoin news website. The website is currently under heavy DDOS, but they are in the process of setting up a dedicated server, which should allow them to be back up again soon.

Speaking of which, the DDOS is from a hole in the standard wordpress setup, if you are running wordpress on your site, please fix the pingback hole.

The shares will be used as payment to the authors who write articles for the website. If you are interested in being a bitcoin reporter, contact Cazalla or BingoBoingo over on IRC in #bitcoin-assets on FreeNode.

Each month the company will issue 1 share per word to authors of articles. The company will also issue an equivalent amount of shares to the management team, so the management will always own 50% of the company. The current best bid is 0.00014 btc.

The first shares will be issued sometime between the 1st and 5th of next month.

More analysis of the future price of this asset can be found in this article on BtcScoop.

Trade bitcoin stocks, funds, and futures with the MPEx broker: CoinBR.com

The best place for bitcoin betting: BitBet.us
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 04:00:06 PM

This is a great idea by MP. (Disclaimer: have done zero research and am assuming MP is still making up companies because nobody else wants to participate in his schemes)

Now he doesn't have to pay people to advertise his schemes. (He might even make money instead of spending it advertising.)

My only question is why MP chose to stick with Bitcoins.

It's clear that the Bitcoin economy and the Mircea economy basically never overlap.

Why doesn't he just create Mircea Popecoin? Or Cultcoin?

Features could include:

- no blockchain (100% trust in the hidden MPchain)
- rate of mining decided by the great MP
- for every coin that is mined/bought/sold/traded a new coin appears in Mirceas wallet.
- earn 10 MPcoins for tricking persuading a friend to buy 10 MPcoins
- each pageview on MPcointalk.org costs 1 MPcoin.

He could even creat an MPcoin exchange for maximum manipulation capabilities. Sounds like Mircea's wet dream.
printshop

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 04:38:24 AM

MPEX has no value and has been/continues to burden the community.

Lol, don't worry, bro!  Judging by your ace "investment" choices, you can not now, nor will you ever, afford the 30 BTC entry fee.
It will never be a burden *to you* so go back to pimping the MARVELOUS SCHLICHTER BROTHERS Cheesy

I spent a good six months reading the bitcoin-assets logs. The guy who runs MPEX is a genius, but his caustic ego has destroyed his credibility. As for me and my business, I have assessed that MPEX needs me more than I need them. Besides, brick and mortar business is unlikely to do well on MPEX, and the operator is unlikely to list such anyway.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 11:13:43 AM

I have assessed that MPEX needs me more than I need them.

well put LOL Cheesy

You're usagi, right?
printshop

Activity: 206

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 12:55:42 PM

well put LOL Cheesy

You're usagi, right?

That's the second time I have been "accused" of being usagi. And, wow, you actually have a trust rating of -535. Nevermind who I am for the moment, who the heck are you? lol

Edit:
Tried to respond to a PM this guy sent me but he's blocked my personal message. Weirdo.

FWIW here is the response:
have you thought about launching an investment fund again? if you are, want to co-manage it?

I'm not the droids you're looking for.

I'm not really from around here, I run with the NXT crowd. I IPO'd on coinsortium (a BTC place) so I posted here, but it was a big disappointment.
hdbuck
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 12:59:31 PM
Last edit: October 19, 2014, 01:38:12 PM by hdbuck

well put LOL Cheesy

You're usagi, right?

That's the second time I have been "accused" of being usagi. And, wow, you actually have a trust rating of -535. Nevermind who I am for the moment, who the heck are you? lol

Tradefortress. thief. millionnaire. http://mashable.com/2013/11/08/bitcoin-theft-tradefortress/

edit: oh wow. sharks. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Edit:
Tried to respond to a PM this guy sent me but he's blocked my personal message. Weirdo.

FWIW here is the response:
have you thought about launching an investment fund again? if you are, want to co-manage it?

pummle (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 04:29:18 PM

Recently, Qntra published http://qntra.net/2014/12/summary-of-mpex-stocks-november-2014/ a review of the reports from MPEx assets.

pummle (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 04:48:55 PM

Looks like the MPEx update is a monthly feature now at Qntra.net :

http://qntra.net/2015/02/summary-of-mpex-stocks-funds-january-2015/

BootstrapCoinDev

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 08:50:57 PM

Most of their users are quite secretive. I've heard they are cypherpunks. And many seem to be rich or people working on behalf of a rich person. But, because not too many people talk about their MPEx activities publicly, it's hard to tell.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 02:35:21 AM

Most of their users are quite secretive. I've heard they are cypherpunks. And many seem to be rich or people working on behalf of a rich person. But, because not too many people talk about their MPEx activities publicly, it's hard to tell.

Well you can always hang out on bitcoin-assets
Or just read some of mirceas stuff on Trilema (Speaking of thanks for reminding me to check what was  going on with Satoshi Minigame they are actually delivering a product)

As previously announced, the next version of Eulora is still on track to go live later this month. Unlike the previous release, this will be a beta version, numbered 0.1.0. Most of the game mechanics will be presenti, and in general it is our expectation that the world of 0.1.0 will attain permanence.ii

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
hdbuck
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 08:26:28 AM

Or just read some of mirceas stuff on Trilema (Speaking of thanks for reminding me to check what was  going on with Satoshi Minigame they are actually delivering a product)

As previously announced, the next version of Eulora is still on track to go live later this month. Unlike the previous release, this will be a beta version, numbered 0.1.0. Most of the game mechanics will be presenti, and in general it is our expectation that the world of 0.1.0 will attain permanence.ii

uh? what satoshi minigame? what's Eulora?  Huh
freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 09:03:19 AM

Or just read some of mirceas stuff on Trilema (Speaking of thanks for reminding me to check what was  going on with Satoshi Minigame they are actually delivering a product)

uh? what satoshi minigame? what's Eulora?  Huh

It was the game that Mircea got funding for on MPEX you might remember it as the Ministry of Games buck
Havelock has a pass-thru
It just has no updates on bitcointalk along with other MPEX securities since Mircea never apologized for the ban and is still dead.
(Although apparently MP has enough ghost power to create a battle with Gavin over the 1mb vs 20mb blockchain fork without even needing to be there, by threatening with all the Bitcoins they hold)
^_^

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=224634.0

hdbuck
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 09:12:25 AM

Or just read some of mirceas stuff on Trilema (Speaking of thanks for reminding me to check what was  going on with Satoshi Minigame they are actually delivering a product)

uh? what satoshi minigame? what's Eulora?  Huh

It was the game that Mircea got funding for on MPEX you might remember it as the Ministry of Games buck
Havelock has a pass-thru
It just has no updates on bitcointalk along with other MPEX securities since Mircea never apologized for the ban and is still dead.
(Although apparently MP has enough ghost power to create a battle with Gavin over the 1mb vs 20mb blockchain fork without even needing to be there, by threatening with all the Bitcoins they hold)
^_^

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=224634.0

ah thx, friggin luv bitcoin, so much drama ^^

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 11:51:59 AM

You have to give MPEx some props really...it is more stable and longer lasting than any other exchange. I would feel safer having coins there than on Havelock any day of the week.
I have no coins either place though...so even safer  Tongue
freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 09:11:22 PM

You have to give MPEx some props really...it is more stable and longer lasting than any other exchange. I would feel safer having coins there than on Havelock any day of the week.
I have no coins either place though...so even safer  Tongue

That in itself is the strangest thing, a Romanian (Gypsy according to some) is a more trustworthy candidate to hold your coins than a Bitcoin exchange like bitfunder.
(BTCT ended ok but died) (Havelocks managing but the assets held in the exchange are another story)

Then again if you consider it from the perspective that it was a really expensive vault to store Bitcoins in, sort of makes sense.
"I understand that I will be required to pay 30 BTC as fees for registering this account, and I agree and promise to do so"
After that it's practically a locked storage device.

hdbuck
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 10:34:44 PM

does this works?

https://coinbr.com/about
freedomno1
Legendary