Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:30:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie problem  (Read 2168 times)
Nawaytes

Activity: 476
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 09:17:15 AM

think before doing something,
how can you trust that person.
I think is very difficult to find that people, if you just know him from this forum
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fanboy4

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 09:21:18 AM

Hey guys,

I traded with a guy recently here. What I did was, I sent him my product, and he said he will pay me in bitcoins when he receives my product.

He has not been replying my messages after getting my product. What should I do?
I don't want to start accusing him or anything before getting some advice from this community.
Any suggestions?
I hope he is not a newbie account whom you traded with?
Mobius

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 11:26:44 PM

There are probably 15 replies saying that you got scammed. There is a sticky on the marketplace subforum saying that you should use escrow. There is another sticky somewhere else (IDR where) that says if you are dealing with a newbie you are likely either scamming or getting scammed). Long story short, you should never send first when you are dealing with someone who is not a trusted member of the forum.
nitrosrt10

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 03:58:04 PM

Yeah, as a newbie myself, I will have to send the money first and get my bitcoins later if I wanna trade with someone.
hyipworld

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 05:22:50 PM

you should not send first when you are trading with anyone . try to talk with him and check if he is interested he will surely send you the money first . Most important thing is escrow ! use it will save your money and also buyer money and also improve your reputation in market Smiley as safe transaction .
giagantichash

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 06:39:17 AM

Yeah, as a newbie myself, I will have to send the money first and get my bitcoins later if I wanna trade with someone.

i had same experience too as a newbie send money first. but i use escrow on this case
cutesakura

Activity: 158

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 08:46:40 AM

Hey guys,

I traded with a guy recently here. What I did was, I sent him my product, and he said he will pay me in bitcoins when he receives my product.

He has not been replying my messages after getting my product. What should I do?
I don't want to start accusing him or anything before getting some advice from this community.
Any suggestions?

you are a victim of scammer, before you sent the product, you must take the money first
there is nothing you can do, you lossed your product
it's difficult to track the scammer ...
valvalis

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 09:19:00 AM

You've got scammed
have you ever hear about ESCROW?
check this out https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=108716.0 this may help you another time doing some transaction

█▌▐█
▄██████▄▄
  ▀████████▄
     ▀███████
       ▀██████
         ▀█████
           ████
         ▄█████
       ▄█████
     ▄███████
  ▄████████▀
▀██████▀▀
  █▌▐█
..DeFiXy.......████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███   ██████████████   ███████   █████████   ██   █████   ██████████████████   ████
.$0.50.
███████   ██   █████████   ██   ███████████   ███████████   ███████████   █████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
.......JOIN NOW..
Fray

Activity: 209

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 01:18:45 AM

You've got scammed
have you ever hear about ESCROW?
check this out https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=108716.0 this may help you another time doing some transaction
It is really sad that so many people fail to read the stickies on these forums even though many of them (in big capital letters) say that they are very important. It has been posed several times over the years (and in many stickies) of the importance of escrow and the prevalence of scams here.
egghead123
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 10:48:32 AM

Hey guys,

Any suggestions?

I think you should have insisted in payment before sending the goods.Sometimes it is the responsibility of the sender to cover return costs if the receipient does not pay up so you would probably end up paying to have the goods returned in any case.There are a lot of underhanded and dishounourable people out there.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: