Bitcoin Forum
December 17, 2017, 10:32:34 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Decentralize Financial Institutions - Part 1, Planning  (Read 8031 times)
ScriptGadget

Activity: 49

Clever saying.

View Profile
May 05, 2011, 09:14:44 PM

I think a platform is a great idea. Add TOR to the mix as well, and "ROB" (which may lead to some unfortunate associations) becomes Ripple, Open Transaction, Bitcoin on Tor - "ROBoT"

I think the TOR piece is important because there will be some backlash if Bitcoin is widely adopted.

edit: Had to switch tasks and didn't get to finish my thought. What I really wanted to say was, it would be great to have a couple of simple applications in the ROBoT appliance as complete working samples -- a simple exchange and a simple store, then burn it to CDs and USB sticks and make an AMI for Amazon and a VM image for Rackspace etc.

If the exchange itself has a key in the WoT then you could setup a traveling exchange on a wifi laptop, yet users would still be able to recognize it by its reputation with the overall WoT. Soon there is an exchange in every neighborhood.

Just a thought.

My Canary: I will never ask for a loan or offer escrow services. If someone does with this account, consider it compromised.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
PLATO

Activity: 275

Subversive

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2011, 09:42:34 PM

That's a cool idea. Even your local loan shark who lends out $10 to his buddies (but expects payback) might want to expand into the Bitcoin world. I reiterate that we'd have to make it usable by ANYONE regardless of computer ability.

I made a thread specifically for implementing the web of trust API standard, which can be found here.
dishwara
Legendary

Activity: 1582

View Profile
May 05, 2011, 09:56:47 PM

I wrote an email to build torbitcoin bundle, stating that bitcoin will be the virtual currency.
Hope they reply me or even though don't reply, start building torbitcoin.
On a side note, they tor decide to stop, tor for firefox. So, soon they will take out tor extension for firefox & decided to build Tor broswer ,with firefox as foundation.

Open Altcoin Github
Limxtec Telegram

Bitsend BSD
Founder/ Technical /Markting Support
The first Masternodecoin with Segwit

www.bitcore.cc

Bitcore BTX
Founder/ Technical /Markting Support
The first hybrid fork from BTC

www.bitsend.info

Diamond DMD
Technical Support
The Jewel of Crypto

www.bitsend.info

Bitcloud BTDX
Technical Support
Masternodecoin 12.2

https://bit-cloud.info/

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
mizerydearia

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 06, 2011, 06:57:59 AM

What Freenode IRC channel seems suitable to gather and collaborate/discuss in (in addition to the mailing list)?

#bitcoin-livecd, #bitcoin-linux, #bitcoin-cd, #bitcoin-os, #bitcoinos, #bitcoin-distro, other?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.