Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:59:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would Amazon Adoption Make the Bitcoin Price Go Down?  (Read 1943 times)
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 02:06:34 AM

Amazon isn't a thousand times bigger. And you cant link the price lowering to Dell. It's not as simple as that.

I don't think Dell announcing acceptance of BTC has affected the price positively or negatively yet at this point.   I think we will reap the benefits if other major companies follow suit.   I do believe that Amazon would actually help the price go up...

i don't know how though.. the question is, who will put more money into bitcoin with the news? doesn't seem like the whales or potential new players were affected by newegg or dell.

It wouldn't necessarily mean that each person is putting more money into BTC, there would just be more people in general putting money into BTC.  

well yeah, that's why i said whales or potential new players. and i still don't many people will say "well, i need to get some bitcoins so i can buy something from dell."
colinistheman (OP)

Activity: 873
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 10:37:10 AM

well yeah, that's why i said whales or potential new players. and i still don't many people will say "well, i need to get some bitcoins so i can buy something from dell."

True, people are more likely to buy with bitcoin they already own, rather than go out and buy bitcoin just for the purpose of spending at Dell.

So the promotion for Bitcoin is the best thing that can come out of Amazon adoption. All the press releases would be like a free 1000 foot tall billboard with the words Bitcoin on it.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
screwUdriver

Activity: 346
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 04:05:14 PM

True, people are more likely to buy with bitcoin they already own, rather than go out and buy bitcoin just for the purpose of spending at Dell.
If companies start to offer discounts for paying in bitcoin then people would likely purchase bitcoin for the purpose of using it at the merchant that is offering the discount, and would potentially purchase more then they spend.
defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 04:56:15 PM

If they dont hold bitcoin and dump it for USD. Yes. This is what the bitlicence wants to happen.

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4490

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 06:25:32 PM

people of the fiat land obsessively complaining about the fiat price of bitcoin, will you please calm your asses down

do some logic theory, some psychologic theory, some economic theory before trying to shout out panicy posts

then realise that if someone buys bitcoin at $600, and the price of bitcoin moved down to $590, bitcoin holders wont sell unless they are dumb.

so even if the price moved down to $580, $570 no matter how tempting a PC or stick of ram is on amazon or dell. people WONT spend their bitcoin at a loss. but would spend FIAT.

the only time they would spend bitcoin is if they are in profit. so the price rise of bitcoin would or could see a drop (correction). also note that
it takes 10k btc to drop the price $200 so now adding to this fact that bitcoin wont tank due to smart hoarders, you also have to realise that not every hoarder will buy a product within the same 10 minute - 1 hour time window as 10,000 other people, to cause a price drop equivelent to $200

so calm down

until there is a bitcoin population (meaning price rise) to get to a point where average hoarders would be buying stuff from the major sites in their hundreds er hour. there is nothing to worry about. as the population growth and price would counter any secondary drops later on

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
gbooz

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 10:12:07 AM

So the promotion for Bitcoin is the best thing that can come out of Amazon adoption. All the press releases would be like a free 1000 foot tall billboard with the words Bitcoin on it.
I would agree. Price fluctuations of BTC and high expectations of BTC holders makes BTC more like speculative asset, but not the currency. Today, to pay bitcoins in Amazon would be the same as to pay in the candy shop with the Microsoft or Apple shares in the 80's
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: