Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:08:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Price is dropping  (Read 3602 times)
epii

Activity: 210
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 12:33:42 AM

Bitcoin had its second major price crash just after I started following it (first was Feb. 18, second was Apr. 4).  Since, unlike the first one, this didn't come during an obvious adjustment phase, it seemed like a lot of people were concerned that the end was near, the bubble had burst, and this would prove that Bitcoin couldn't sustain itself.  After a couple weeks, things strongly rebounded (leading into this current rally), and I suspect that another crash of the same magnitude is unlikely, now that Bitcoin has proven it is not as fragile as was feared.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dust

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2011, 01:10:03 AM

Bitcoin had its second major price crash just after I started following it (first was Feb. 18, second was Apr. 4).  Since, unlike the first one, this didn't come during an obvious adjustment phase, it seemed like a lot of people were concerned that the end was near, the bubble had burst, and this would prove that Bitcoin couldn't sustain itself.  After a couple weeks, things strongly rebounded (leading into this current rally), and I suspect that another crash of the same magnitude is unlikely, now that Bitcoin has proven it is not as fragile as was feared.

Agreed. Yesterday, mtgox was DDoS'ed, coinpal's paypal account was locked and bitcoins are still trading above $3.  I think confidence is higher than ever.

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
Veldy

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 04:55:17 AM

Agreed. Yesterday, mtgox was DDoS'ed, coinpal's paypal account was locked and bitcoins are still trading above $3.  I think confidence is higher than ever.

I think you nailed it a to the cause.  Many people were moving money in and out through Coinpal and now it is down.  Investment has slowed and I expect that MtGox will lose PayPal access soon as well which means Liberty Mutual or other difficult and fee ridden methods of exchange.  Smart investment is in the ingenuity of the market to come up with an user friendly method for exchange.

If you have found my post helpful, please donate what you feel it is worth: 18vaZ4K62WiL6W2Qoj9AE1cerfCHRaUW4x
dacoinminster
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1031

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2011, 01:02:21 AM

Bitcoin values always go up when they get easier to buy/sell.

Prices go down when mtgox is having problems and when coinpal, coincard, and bitcoinmorpheus all get shut down at the same time.

All this uncertainty is why I am experimenting with selling some bitcoins on ebay by way of a Gift Certificate (an already well-established category on ebay):

http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=7072.0

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: