Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:30:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Formalizing Bitcoin Contracts  (Read 2226 times)
kiba (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 02:58:52 AM
Last edit: May 11, 2011, 04:38:46 PM by kiba

I am looking  to draft a formal employment contract that people will sign cryptographically. The goal here is to formulate a clear procedure for employment. I am not a lawyer or a grammatican, so I am relying  on people to offer critiques and corrections so  that people can't twist the contract(employer or employee, or otherwise)

Here we go:

TERMS

1. The price of employment shall be [X] Bitcoin per week.

2. Negotiation of the price of employment shall be done before next [Y] day. New price shall reflected in the amendment section.

3. Both employee and employer may terminate the contract at any time.

4. Notice of termination should be delivered within 24 hours of decision using the noted [D1] for employee or [D2] for employer.

5. For each successful week of employment, the contract will noted the successful employment.

6. [] are variables that must be filled out for the contract to be valid.

7. The arranged payment must be made for this week even if termination notice is delivered.

VARIABLES

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
PLATO

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

Don't trust "BBOD The Best Futures Exchange"

View Profile
May 04, 2011, 08:13:30 PM

I can't speak to the contents of the contract, but I wrote this page up for the wiki explaining the gpg commands that each user will need to use:
http://wiki.bitcoin-otc.com/wiki/GPG_Contract

All posts by me after 2012 were a compromised account. Probably by "BBOD The Best Futures Exchange". SORRY Y'ALL
ctoon6

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 05, 2011, 05:15:13 AM

I can't speak to the contents of the contract, but I wrote this page up for the wiki explaining the gpg commands that each user will need to use:
http://wiki.bitcoin-otc.com/wiki/GPG_Contract

Normal people don't understand linux, and hardly know what a windows is, let alone putting simple commands into a program.

trentzb

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 05, 2011, 06:28:40 AM

Do you have a deadline when you need this done by? Is there a character count limit? I have written private contracts for my own use when contracting with business/individuals. It may be able to be massaged to work for BTC employment transactions.

If interested PM me and I can dig up a recent one to share with you.
kiba (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 11, 2011, 04:39:46 PM

Refined the contract...

I think it would be a good business to start a company that specialize in keeping employment contracts and making it easy for people to do so.

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 11, 2011, 04:49:10 PM

Refined the contract...

I think it would be a good business to start a company that specialize in keeping employment contracts and making it easy for people to do so.
If I understood even a small part of what the OP was talking about, I'd be all over that.  Tongue
bearbones

Activity: 316
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2011, 06:01:14 PM

I am very interested in bitcoin contracts.  If you start such a business, Kiba, I will certainly use it!  Perhaps we could utilize the bitcoin-otc web of trust to enlighten and reward/punish contractees.

Feed Ze Birds Pay and get paid for tweets
Coinapult Send Bitcoins easily over email or text message
TradersEdgeDice

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2011, 01:37:35 AM

Look into how gold contracts are written.

This doesn't happen in the United States because even *thinking* about using gold or silver as currency is punishable by five years in prison(yes, thought crime.)

Fortunately, people in more civilized, less state terror sponsoring countries still allow contracts with payment in gold. Google is your friend for search and translation.

Because gold is deflationary, they probably attach it to something like the USD.

A BTC contract should go along the same lines so a five BTC monthly charge doesn't end up being 10 or 100 times more expensive from the exchange rate.

Like what I posted?

Buy my Metal FX Currency Dice Set
http://tradersedgedice.com

Buyers using bitcoin get a deep discount.  Free worldwide shipping.

Web of Trust: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=TradersEdgeDice&sign=ANY&type=RECV

GPG Identity: http://bitcoin-otc.com/
42kang

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2011, 01:31:50 PM

This website is awsome
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: