Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:58:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The members of this forum have an opportunity to change the world  (Read 832 times)
Patel (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 05:15:45 PM

I'm being philosophical here, but out of all the bitcoins in existence, I would say 15% or more are held by members of this forum.

Imagine this, Bitcoin 5-10 years down the road is worth $50,000 a piece.

If this happens, and members of this forum pledge 5-10% of their bitcoins for humanitarian efforts, we can change the world.

Just doing some numbers, 15% of 13 million is 1,950,000. This is how many bitcoins the members of this forum have.

5% of 1,950,000 is 97,500.

100,000 bitcoins at 50,000 is worth 5 billion dollars.

You can change the planet with $5 billion dollars. It's amazing.

With all the talk about Bitcoin stopping wars, etc. There is so much opportunity for humanity to thrive off of this wealth transfer.

If Bitcoin ever hits $50,000, I am pledging 5% or more to humanitarian efforts.

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 05:32:23 PM

I'm being philosophical here, but out of all the bitcoins in existence, I would say 15% or more are held by members of this forum.

If this happens, and members of this forum pledge 5-10% of their bitcoins for humanitarian efforts, we can change the world.

Just doing some numbers, 15% of 13 million is 1,950,000. This is how many bitcoins the members of this forum have.

With all the talk about Bitcoin stopping wars, etc. There is so much opportunity for humanity to thrive off of this wealth transfer.

No.  It isn't that simple, sorry.
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 06:06:39 PM

Well, 5-10 years later $5 billion will be enough to buy a washing machine or kitchen combine. I agree, it's some kind of opportunity to change the world.
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 06:10:47 PM

Charities already rake way over 5 billion.

The hardest piece to find about charity isn't money, money in charities is enough for most of World troubles to be long gone. But the key piece, the honest charity, is so rare that hardly we can find one. Most are just in charities for profit from it, not to do any change in the planet.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 06:28:19 PM

The hardest piece to find about charity isn't money, money in charities is enough for most of World troubles to be long gone. But the key piece, the honest charity, is so rare that hardly we can find one. Most are just in charities for profit from it, not to do any change in the planet.
What we have a lot of now are corporate charities, places that corporations can offset their taxes by giving to. Just take a look at who the top 50 corporate givers are - http://foundationcenter.org/findfunders/topfunders/top50giving.html. I would imagine most churches use their money for direct aid to the poor not sure how the corporate money gets used.
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 06:29:27 PM

pledging to humanitarian efforts doesn't really fix anything though. it's more like a bandage. we need capital to take down our system of politics, where you cheat and get paid for it.
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 06:48:46 PM

What we have a lot of now are corporate charities, places that corporations can offset their taxes by giving to. Just take a look at who the top 50 corporate givers are - http://foundationcenter.org/findfunders/topfunders/top50giving.html. I would imagine most churches use their money for direct aid to the poor not sure how the corporate money gets used.

Idk about churches, but the Vatican is very well decorated. We also have those sects all of them with their ministers becoming extremely rich...

But here you go, about how charity money is flushed down the drain, and this is just USA data:

http://www.tampabay.com/americas-worst-charities/

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 07:22:22 PM

Very noble idea, you are really idealistic man but reality is very different.
You can't change the world with money or maybe it's more correct to say, you can't change the world ONLY with money.
You also need political will, cooperation from governments, support from people etc.
Money alone can't solve everything but it can help in some way Smiley

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 07:41:54 PM

It is hard to buy changing the world. It needs to come from within and needs to have a definition of what kind of change the world needs. Some here believes the best way to change the world is to boycott any bitcoin businesses or mining industry coming from Israel for example. Some here will have the opportunity to do so, maybe moving from hardware to software, and maybe even internet nods one day? Tomorrow another conflict will arise and some people here will target another bitcoin business associated to that country or religion. Bitcoin is an amazing tool, so is the ax. Hard to change people's heart. Unless direct genetic manipulation?

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 07:44:43 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2014, 11:20:34 PM by Lethn

I can understand where you're coming from but when Bitcoins are worth $50,000 a piece, the dollar will be worth nothing, you won't be able to buy stuff with it and help people, I think currencies like Einsteinium coin and CleanWaterCoin are much more noble efforts, there are also charities that already accept Bitcoin.

Edit: I forgot CureCoin as well
bitsmichel

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 08:17:04 PM

Yes, I think you can change things with Bitcoin - but it's not all powerful. How would you stop wars with Bitcoin? I cannot really imagine that.. but I can imagine a global economy, where you can buy anything you want, and it takes less than 10 minutes to pay for it  Smiley

hologram

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 10:20:18 AM

The best way to change the world for better is not charity but disruptive technology investment.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: