Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:40:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Good way to sell with netspend reloadit/vanilla  (Read 2341 times)
NiceSoft12 (OP)

Activity: 433
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 02:12:03 AM

Here is my plan to sell on localbitcoins using netspend reloadit / vanilla to guarantee not getting scammed:

I post a screen shot of my netspend account transaction history showing previous transactions.

I then require buyer to use cash only and also uploading picture of receipt.

If the buyer decides to scam buy redeeming his own code, I can show a new screenshot of my netspend account showing that I never redeemed the code.

Does this work?

"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xetsr
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 02:14:54 AM

Here is my plan to sell on localbitcoins using netspend reloadit / vanilla to guarantee not getting scammed:

I post a screen shot of my netspend account transaction history showing previous transactions.

If the buyer decides to scam buy redeeming his own code, I can show a new screenshot of my netspend account showing that I never redeemed the code.

Does this work?

Not good enough. You could always use another account to redeem the code, right? Post a screenshot of one account and redeem the code on another and claim the card was already redeemed.
NiceSoft12 (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 02:20:53 AM

Does this work?

Not good enough. You could always use another account to redeem the code, right? Post a screenshot of one account and redeem the code on another and claim the card was already redeemed.

That's true, but netspend requires social security number to get an account.  I guess one could always get another netspend by getting family/friends' information and getting another netspend account.

So what is a full proof way to sell via netspend reload/vanilla and ensure that none of the parties scam? 
xetsr
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 02:23:20 AM

Does this work?

That's true, but netspend requires social security number to get an account.  I guess one could always get another netspend by getting family/friends' information and getting another netspend account.

So what is a full proof way to sell via netspend reload/vanilla and ensure that none of the parties scam?  

Use a trusted forum escrow here and have them load the card, so the other person never receives the card. You would have to really trust the forum escrow though, since you would have given them access to your account or full card number. Good for throw away cards, ones you plan to withdraw all at once and then get a new one.

Don't think there is any other way.
NiceSoft12 (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 02:31:54 AM

Does this work?

That's true, but netspend requires social security number to get an account.  I guess one could always get another netspend by getting family/friends' information and getting another netspend account.

Use a trusted forum escrow here and have them load the card, so the other person never receives the card. You would have to really trust the forum escrow though, since you would have given them access to your account or full card number. Good for throw away cards, ones you plan to withdraw all at once and then get a new one.

I don't understand.  I am the seller. 
xetsr
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 02:33:50 AM

Does this work?

I don't understand.  I am the seller.  

Buyer of the reload card would have to trust the forum escrow. Seller of the card wouldn't have to worry about the buyer redeeming the code and then saying it didn't work. Seller also can't give buyer a card that was already redeemed otherwise the escrow would know.
NiceSoft12 (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 02:40:58 AM

Does this work?

I don't understand.  I am the seller.  

Buyer of the reload card would have to trust the forum escrow. Seller of the card wouldn't have to worry about the buyer redeeming the code and then saying it didn't work. Seller also can't give buyer a card that was already redeemed otherwise the escrow would know.

That makes sense, the problem is, it would be a waste of 4.95 or whatever they charge to throw away the netspend card after.  What about western union?  Is that full proof?
xetsr
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 02:47:54 AM

That makes sense, the problem is, it would be a waste of 4.95 or whatever they charge to throw away the netspend card after.  What about western union?  Is that full proof?

According to WU, a photo ID is required to pick up the money in the city listed. I'm sure scammers have found a way around that, so not sure about full proof.

Safest method would probably be cash in mail with signature confirmation.
NiceSoft12 (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 03:00:36 AM

That makes sense, the problem is, it would be a waste of 4.95 or whatever they charge to throw away the netspend card after.  What about western union?  Is that full proof?

According to WU, a photo ID is required to pick up the money in the city listed. I'm sure scammers have found a way around that, so not sure about full proof.

Safest method would probably be cash in mail with signature confirmation.

cash in mail with signature confirmation?  are you serious?  What if buyer decides to send a wad of notebook paper?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: