Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:14:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 186 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite | 1st mini-blockchain coin | M7 PoW | No Premine  (Read 578440 times)
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 10:13:48 PM

A coin released and developed by a hero member!? 1st mini-blockchains! Rare breed!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 01:07:33 AM

Anyway, I have nothing more to add to this discussion.

... except for this, which will most probably be my last post in this thread.

I just checked the volume chart at c-cex. Between the 3rd and 6th of August over 500k coins were sold for at least 6k sat each. GPU miner came out on 6th of August. Price dropped like shit. The expected thing would be the sells to be larger after the release of the gpu miner, which clearly didn't happen. I really don't mean to jump to conclusions here, it might have been a mere coincidence, but, if no information had been published before Aug 3rd-4th that a gpu miner is in the works, I think a small group of people (might be devs among them) exploited the inside info to make quick profit.

If you want to call this launch fair (no public gpu miner from the start, no windows or amd gpu miner, while they were technically possible), then, please, what kind of launch would you call unfair?

The only thing that saves the day is the big total supply of coins. But I think I've just made up my mind. I'll follow this project from a distance and won't be posting anything no matter what happens. For real this time.

The kind of launch I would call unfair would involve a premine, and/or closed-source, with little or no announcement/testnet.

You are confusing the concept of fairness with that of equality.  No launch will ever be equal, but XCN came very close to a perfectly fair launch.  Everyone had a month of testnet to prepare for the official launch. 

The sour grapes whining is best kept to your weeping pillow, far away from this thread. 

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:17:05 AM

XCN came very close to a perfectly fair launch.

Stop your absurd cheerleading. It is a joke already, and gotten to the point where it probably has the reverse effect you intend (unless you are in fact trying to make the coin look bad).

The launch was nowhere near perfect, and the developer has said so. Releasing a GPU miner after a week is about the worst possible approach. If a GPU miner were months away from development, with no way to speed it up, I could see pushing the launch ahead anyway, but for a something a week away, a closer-to-level playing field is much better. This is true not only for "fairness," but also from the pragmatic perspective of getting more GPU miners (of which there is a large number) involved with the coin before the difficulty goes up so much it becomes uninteresting to those operating on a small scale.

Another reason to do a GPU miner at launch is so the developers don't end up looking like they don't know what they are talking about (or worse look like they are being deceptive even if they aren't) when they claim GPU miners won't give much advantage, when in fact after just a few days of optimizing, a cheap GPU is 10x faster than a high end desktop CPU.

3months18w

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:21:33 AM

Anyway, I have nothing more to add to this discussion.

... except for this, which will most probably be my last post in this thread.

I just checked the volume chart at c-cex. Between the 3rd and 6th of August over 500k coins were sold for at least 6k sat each. GPU miner came out on 6th of August. Price dropped like shit. The expected thing would be the sells to be larger after the release of the gpu miner, which clearly didn't happen. I really don't mean to jump to conclusions here, it might have been a mere coincidence, but, if no information had been published before Aug 3rd-4th that a gpu miner is in the works, I think a small group of people (might be devs among them) exploited the inside info to make quick profit.

If you want to call this launch fair (no public gpu miner from the start, no windows or amd gpu miner, while they were technically possible), then, please, what kind of launch would you call unfair?

The only thing that saves the day is the big total supply of coins. But I think I've just made up my mind. I'll follow this project from a distance and won't be posting anything no matter what happens. For real this time.

Hi, mate
Developed by a hero member! 1st mini-blockchains ! First M7! These are enough!
I don't know what are you thinking ? It's not fair enough ? The total is 1.84 billion, I don't know why you are always mention the  1 million coins (maybe less than 1 million) mined by earlier big miners.

Or you just want non-stop newbie devs' shit clone coins ? Even these shit devs always ran away .
How could one thing be absolutely fair ? How ?
Stay or leave , that's up to you .
@beatfeak! Just ignore the guy plz, stay on the developments of XCN.

q327K091
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:23:05 AM

Stop your absurd cheerleading. It is a joke already, and gotten to the point where it probably has the reverse effect you intend (unless you are in fact trying to make the coin look bad).

The launch was nowhere near perfect, and the developer has said so. Releasing a GPU miner after a week is about the worst possible approach. If a GPU miner were months away from development, with no way to speed it up, I could see pushing the launch ahead anyway, but for a something a week away, a more a closer-to-level playing field is much better. This is true not only for "fairness," but also from the pragmatic perspective of getting more GPU miners (of which there is a large number) involved with the coin before the difficulty goes up so much it becomes uninteresting to those operating on a small scale.

Another reason to do a GPU miner at launch is so the developers don't end up looking like they don't know what they are talking about (or worse look like they are being deceptive even if they aren't) when they claim GPU miners won't give much advantage, when in fact after just a few days of optimizing, a cheap GPU is 10x faster than a high end desktop CPU.

nicely written much truth, there is an arms race to optimize software/hardware for mining, I have mined just about every single cryptonite tech out there and locked it all under key, the same goes for this coin, one never knows what is going to happen with all this tech

however I did stop mining this coin after reaching predefined threshold and moved on to investigate other "creatures"

but above was really well written and educational for many, thank you

--

and yes I took this dev Nvidia GPU miner and produced 1000 x more coins than with CPU overnight.. imagine what one could do in the cloud, all of this is very tricky for all especially for investors, one key principle is for difficulty and therefore network speed to increase for value of the coin to increase and hold  , other people are trying POS approach where nodes are laptops themselves.. it is a veeery interesting idea and might win long term
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:25:12 AM

You are confusing the concept of fairness with that of equality.

Just a quick note. Fair is about everyone having the opportunity, which clearly was not the case here. Equality I guess would be something like everybody getting the same amount of coins, which is nowhere near to what I was talking about.

Anyway, the only thing that saves the day is the big total number of coins. No big harm has been done thinking long term.

You forgot to add that this is your last post.

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
q327K091
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:29:24 AM

You are confusing the concept of fairness with that of equality.

Just a quick note. Fair is about everyone having the opportunity, which clearly was not the case here. Equality I guess would be something like everybody getting the same amount of coins, which is nowhere near to what I was talking about.

Anyway, the only thing that saves the day is the big total number of coins. No big harm has been done thinking long term.

You forgot to add that this is your last post.

that is actually funny: I put Satoshi on "ignore".  Cool what a chaos this man (woman) created .... (in a good way of course) I say to you all hold on to your coins as infrastructure aint out there there is just people buying and selling on exchanges.. this can't last forever alone.. something is going to happen
PeaMine

Activity: 979
Merit: 510

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:35:15 AM

Ping Pong buy and sell orders are doing great though.
27BTC on bter, for investors it's been fun.

Datacenter Technician and Electrician.  If you have any questions feel free to ask me as I am generally bored looking at logs and happy to help during free time.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 01:35:41 AM

The launch was nowhere near perfect, and the developer has said so. Releasing a GPU miner after a week is about the worst possible approach. If a GPU miner were months away from development, with no way to speed it up, I could see pushing the launch ahead anyway, but for a something a week away, a closer-to-level playing field is much better. This is true not only for "fairness," but also from the pragmatic perspective of getting more GPU miners (of which there is a large number) involved with the coin before the difficulty goes up so much it becomes uninteresting to those operating on a small scale.

Noting and analyzing facts relevant to the matter at hand is not "cheerleading."

Does it really bother you so much that I see CryptoNite as a worthy complement to Monero, and a potential LTC-killer?

What is the point of rehashing the moot debate of exactly what was/wasn't a 'fair launch' for the umpteenth time, especially when you've been on the other side of the same issue on XMR threads?  Have you no integrity, or do you simply wish to bore everyone to death?

Stop your absurd quibbling over the initial distribution of a tiny percentage of overall coins.  Having such ugly, jealous cheerleaders is starting to make Monero look bad.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:46:22 AM

Noting and analyzing facts relevant to the matter at hand is not "cheerleading."

There is no "analysis" in claiming the launch was "very close to perfect" when it clearly was not.

Does it really bother you so much that I see CryptoNite as a worthy complement to Monero, and a potential LTC-killer?

You obviously have not been paying attention. I've recommended buying and paying attention to this coin as interesting and innovative (though I disagree with some of the most hyperbolic claims as to its advantages long term over Bitcoin). Still I'm hardly one you want to question when it comes to recognizing the coin as worthy.

That the launch was not perfect does not invalidate the value of the coin. I've said many times that the long mining schedule and high total supply makes the launch issues -- which were real -- not particularly important, in my opinion. Nevertheless other people clearly disagree with my opinion on this matter and continue to be concerned about it, so I'm going to address the facts as I see them and call out bullshit like claims of a "near perfect" launch when there were in fact major missteps.

What is the point of rehashing the moot debate of exactly what was/wasn't a 'fair launch' for the umpteenth time, especially when you've been on the other side of the same issue on XMR threads?  Have you no integrity, or do you simply wish to bore everyone to death?

If you are interested in discussing another coin I suggest you go to the appropriate thread where you can in fact find some very good graphs showing the relative insignificance of the early mining issues. It is likely that similar graphs can be produced for this coin except that the tooling to do so easily doesn't yet exist.
bitfreak! (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1536
Merit: 1000

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 01:52:08 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2014, 02:18:10 AM by bitfreak!

Jesus christ how long are you people going to go around in circles arguing about the same thing? You're spamming up my thread, please stop.

XCN: CYsvPpb2YuyAib5ay9GJXU8j3nwohbttTz | BTC: 18MWPVJA9mFLPFT3zht5twuNQmZBDzHoWF
Cryptonite - 1st mini-blockchain altcoin | BitShop - digital shop script
Web Developer - PHP, SQL, JS, AJAX, JSON, XML, RSS, HTML, CSS
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 02:04:45 AM

some progress on ccminer front (4.3MHash/s 750ti... however I lose 0.5MH on the 780ti might not keep that...  Grin)

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
dboylc

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

mine for future~

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:15:32 AM

some progress on ccminer front (4.3MHash/s 750ti... however I lose 0.5MH on the 780ti might not keep that...  Grin)

hashrate vs price!
polanskiman

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:37:18 AM

Is that ccminer ready for release? Smiley
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 02:41:42 AM

Is that ccminer ready for release Smiley
mostly...

djm34 facebook page
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
polanskiman

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:43:12 AM

mostly...

Want me to test it on my 6 x 750ti rig? Cheesy Cheesy
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 03:04:42 AM

mostly...

Want me to test it on my 6 x 750ti rig? Cheesy Cheesy
may-be tomorrow, it is well passed bed time here...

djm34 facebook page
cryptofunz

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 04:11:21 AM

Hi guys,

I am not new to Bitcoin but this is my first time doing something focused on altcoin.

I saw that there is almost no promotion of this coin (wich i think will be a BIG thing) so i made a website http://cryptonitenow.org/

The point of the website is to promote Cryptonite, but i will try to do it with a little of humor.
This way we can try make cryptonite another "cool-meme-like" crypto like DodgeCoin, wich will make the price go up.

For now i writed some informations with graphics, the website is simple.

In future i am thinking about making a videos showing why Cryptonite is better than bitcoin and start posting on forums, reddit etc

Cryptofunz

Its time for CryptoniteNOW - http://cryptonitenow.org/
xyjcoin

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:02:14 AM

Hi guys,

I am not new to Bitcoin but this is my first time doing something focused on altcoin.

I saw that there is almost no promotion of this coin (wich i think will be a BIG thing) so i made a website http://cryptonitenow.org/

The point of the website is to promote Cryptonite, but i will try to do it with a little of humor.
This way we can try make cryptonite another "cool-meme-like" crypto like DodgeCoin, wich will make the price go up.

In future i am thinking about making a videos showing why Cryptonite is better than bitcoin and start posting on forums, reddit etc

Cryptofunz

Cool Pictures
e6ug

Activity: 773
Merit: 508

Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:33:39 AM

Hi guys,

Cryptofunz

lol the pic of you working on your computer is funny.

Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 186 »
  Print  

Jump to: