Bitcoin Forum
September 22, 2018, 09:44:39 PM *
News: ♦♦ New info! Bitcoin Core users absolutely must upgrade to previously-announced 0.16.3 [Torrent]. All Bitcoin users should temporarily trust confirmations slightly less. More info.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is my Mhash/s so low?  (Read 3213 times)
FarmerCooke

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 04:34:29 AM

I have a gtx 770 and on slush's pool i only get 8Mhash/s how do i fix this?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 04:35:58 AM

Bitcoin isn't a get rich quick or ponzi scheme.

You cannot mine with your home computer. Stop trying to think that you will be a millionaire by leaving your computer on.
Please watch this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmOzih6I1zs
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 06:44:39 AM

Don't be a dick byt411  Tongue

Maybe he's trying to mine altcoins,he didn't say  Roll Eyes

A 770 GTX is an Nvidia based card & is not very good at mining.You'll want an ATI based card,even then the hashrate to power ratio puts it out of profit on most altcoins too,just so you know Wink

Use this to get an idea of what cards can do what:

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining_hardware_comparison#FPGA_Devices

You can still mine X11/X13/Scrypt-N/Keccak with vid cards & CPU's.Not much profit,but it could be if the coin you choose goes big  Cheesy

This will help identify coins,the profit part is borked,it never has the correct diff level for most coins,so it is inaccurate:

http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency

Pretty good exchange:

https://www.cryptsy.com/

Just read/study/learn & ask,Good luck!!!!  Cool

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
byt411

Activity: 798

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 09:46:35 AM

A 770 GTX is an Nvidia based card & is not very good at mining.You'll want an ATI based card,even then the hashrate to power ratio puts it out of profit on most altcoins too,just so you know Wink

You can still mine X11/X13/Scrypt-N/Keccak with vid cards & CPU's.Not much profit,but it could be if the coin you choose goes big  Cheesy

This will help identify coins,the profit part is borked,it never has the correct diff level for most coins,so it is inaccurate:

Pretty good exchange:

Hey Unacceptable, what he is trying is exactly your username. He said he's on slush's pool, which is the pool all newbies go to with GUIMiner. It's just disrespectful for Bitcoin, treating it like a gold rush and nothing else.
josef2000

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Bro, you need to try http://dadice.com

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 11:39:02 AM

don't use GPU to mine, use ASIC!
You don't get rich with 8mhs. It is like an investment. Buy hardware or Cloudmining and after the break-even time you start getting profit.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 11:02:26 PM

Pretty good exchange:

Hey Unacceptable, what he is trying is exactly your username. He said he's on slush's pool, which is the pool all newbies go to with GUIMiner. It's just disrespectful for Bitcoin, treating it like a gold rush and nothing else.
Your right,DOH!! I skimmed right over the slush part  Roll Eyes

Anywho,there's some info if folks want to use vid cards  Wink

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
ChuckBuck

Activity: 840
Merit: 510

Vietnamese translator - https://goo.gl/Muc9xi

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 01:35:12 AM

Ah 8Mh/s on a video card and Slush's pool...brings back memories from 2012! Tongue

OP, check this thread out, it's a good starting point for noobs:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177133.0

.......PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE ......
███      CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY      ███
                    ▄▄██▄▄
                ▄▄██████████▄▄
            ▄▄███████▀▀▀████████▄
         ▄███████▀▀        ▀███████▄▄
     ▄▄███████▀      ▄▄▄▄      ▀███████▄▄
     ███████▄      ▒███████▄▄     ▀▀█████
      ▀▀███████▄▄     ▀▀███████▄▄     ▀▀█
          ▀▀███████▄▄     ▀▀███████▄
     ██▄      ▀███████▄▄      ▀████████▄
    ▐█████▄▄      ▀███████▄▄      ▀██████
      ▀███████▄▄     ▀▀███████▄▄     ▀▀██
         ▀▀███████▄▄     ▀▀███████▄▄
    ▐█▄▄     ▀▀███████▄      ▀▀███████▄▄
    ▐█████▄      ▀████████▄      ▀███████
     ▀███████▄▄      ▀█▀▀      ▄████████▀
         ▀███████▄▄        ▄▄███████▀
            ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
                ▀▀██████████▀▀
                    ▀▀██▀▀

█░████████████████████   █░████████████████████            ██████░           ██████                  ████░░  ████████████████████  ███░████ ███████░ ███   ░███           
       ██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░    ░██░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░           ░████░██░░          ███████░              ██████░░  █████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░   █████░   ██████░  ███   ░██░           
       █████                     ░██░█                          ████░█░█████         █████████            ███████░░  █████                 ███░     ███ ░███ ████ ░███             
       ░░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░███    ░██░█                         █████░   █████        ██████████░         ░██░████░░  █████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░  ███░     ███  ░███ ░██████             
         ██░█████████████████░█  ░██░█             ███░█     ░█████      █████░      █████ ████░█      ██████ ███░░  ██████████████████░░                                         
                          █████  ░██░█             █████    █░██░█        ░░████     █████  █░████   ░█████   ███░░  █████                                                         
                          █░███  ░██░█             ░████   ██████          ░█████    █████   ░██████████░█    ███░░  █████                                                         
        ██████████████████░████  ███████████████████████ ░█████              ██████  █████     █░███████░     ███░░  ████████████████████                                         
       ░██████████████████████    █░████████████████░█░ ██████                ██████ █████      ░██████       ███░░  ████████████████████ 

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ████▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ███████▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▐▓███████▄
█              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█                      █
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
█                      █
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█                      █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄████▄
                        ▄▄█████▀▀███
                    ▄▄████▀▀     ███
              ▄▄▄████▀▀    ▄▄   ▐██
          ▄▄█████▀       ▄█▀    ██▌
     ▄▄████▀▀▀       ▄███▀      ██▌
    ████▀        ▄▄████▀       ▐██
     ██████▄▄  ▄█████▀         ██▌
          ▀████████           ▐██
            ▀████▌            ███
             ▀███  ▄██▄▄     ▐██▀
              ███▄███▀███▄   ███
              ▀███▀▀   ▀▀███▄██▌
                          ▀▀█▀▀
zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 11:16:39 AM

Last year I remember bitcoin was a gold rush, I felt the fever it was brining me, when it was 100 dollars  I saw the potential of it being gold rush, the problem is that I didnt have the money to put towards the investment since I had to fix my car, but yeah dont treat btc as a gold rush.  Well why not?  when it didnt hit its maximum potential?

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
jjc326

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 03:09:18 PM

Yeah I had like a few hundred Mhash/s a year or 2 ago and I saw this thread title of 8 Mhash and I was like, um, that's not going to cut it my friend.  You'll need a lot more hash, like get into the Ghash/s and then you can actually start getting some BTC.  Check out cloud mining like in my signature lunamine.
guitarplinker
Legendary

Activity: 1582

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 09:14:00 PM

If you're going to be mining with a GPU such as a 770 you'll need to be using cudaminer and mine altcioins for any chance of making some coins.
jjc326

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 10:13:29 PM

I agree if you're mining with such a low hashrate your best bet will be to try to mine altcoins and hope you strike it rich by collecting a lot of new or unpopular coins and then hoping they get big.  That's the best way to try to mine altcoins isn't it?  (seriously asking, that's what I always thought of doing when I was mining some alts).
xstr8guy

Activity: 784

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 04:00:11 AM

This is almost as funny as the guy who was trying to mine LTC with his Ant S2 and wondered why his hashrate was so low.  Lol.
ensurance982

Activity: 518

Trust me!

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 05:32:55 PM

Yeah I had like a few hundred Mhash/s a year or 2 ago and I saw this thread title of 8 Mhash and I was like, um, that's not going to cut it my friend.  You'll need a lot more hash, like get into the Ghash/s and then you can actually start getting some BTC.  Check out cloud mining like in my signature lunamine.

I'm kind of puzzled that it only achieves 8 MHash/s! I mean, I've seen notebook computer a couple of years old that managed to mine at at least about 20 MH/s!

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
xstr8guy

Activity: 784

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:52:23 PM

I'm kind of puzzled that it only achieves 8 MHash/s! I mean, I've seen notebook computer a couple of years old that managed to mine at at least about 20 MH/s!

Yes it's very low. But I don't think anyone wanted to invest too much effort trying to help such a clueless noob.
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1016

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 12:03:53 AM

I going to guess that he's using Kiv's GUIMiner and didn't select the video card on the drop down menu and it defaulted to use his CPU which would put out 8MH/s if it's a newer Intel CPU.

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
adaryian

Activity: 392

★ BitClave pre-ICO: 25/07/17 ★

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 03:18:04 PM

I have a gtx 770 and on slush's pool i only get 8Mhash/s how do i fix this?

To actually answer your question, make sure you have the proper intensity setup and if overclocking the GFX card is an option, OC'ing some does help.  Typically the show of 8MH/s either says that the configuration of your card with the miner software you're using isn't setup properly or the drivers are not setup for that card correctly or you're using an onboard GFX card.   If that fixes it, I wouldn't mine at Slush as you have no real income value from there.

I would look at mining scrypt / altcoins.  However if you're dead set on mining Bitcoins with your GFX card might I suggest a different pool where you have a chance to build your mining farm by mining with my pool which the information is listed in my signature.  If you mined with us at eCurrency.io, and actively mined too.. You will be entered into winning 2.5BTC per block found which then can afford you some better mining equipment so you can use your GFX card for something else, like Scrypt or x13, etc.. or just to be able to play video games Wink

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask me in a PM and I'll try to help you out as much as I possibly can to get you the end result that you need.

Adaryian

,'+██':                 
              ,█████████████;             
            .██████████████████           
            .████████████████████         
         █  .███;         ,███████.       
        ██  .█+              '█████'       
      `███  .█+    ,;'':       █████+     
      ████  .█+ ███████████,    ,████+     
     █████  .████████████████,    ████,   
    ██████  .██████████████████   `████   
   ;██████  .█████`      '██████  .█████   
   ████ ██  .███           :████████████. 
  +███  ██  .█.     `..      ████████████ 
  ████  ██  .    .███████'    ███████████`
 ,███   ██      ███████████    ███████████
 ████   ██     █████████████`  `██████████
 ███;  ███    ███████████████   ██████████`
 ███   ███   .████████████████  `█████████'
,███   ███   █████████████████   ██████████
'███  ,███   █████████████████:  ██████████
+███  ;███  `██████████████████  ██████████
████  '███  .██████████████████  +█████████
████  '███  .██████████████████  +█████████
'███  :███   █████████████████'  ██████████
:███   ███   █████████████████   ██████████
 ███   ███'  '████████████████   ██████████
 ███,  ████   ███████████████`  ██████████,
 ████  ,███:  `█████████████+   ██████████
 ;███   ████   `███████████+   ███████████
  ███'  .████    █████████`   +██████████;
  ████   █████     :███'     +███████████ 
   ████   █████`            ████████████+ 
   ████,   ██████`        +█████. +█████   
    ████    █████████++████████`   ████.   
    .████    ;████████████████    █████   
     '████`    +████████████     █████     
      +████+     `'█████+.     .█████     
       +█████.                ██████       
        ,██████;           .███████       
          █████████':,:;█████████.         
           ,███████████████████+           
             .███████████████;             
                `'████████,               
darkphantom934

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 10:49:09 PM

Mining algo's like Scrypt and Scrypt-N aren't profitable with NVidia GPU's, but algos like X11 (Darkcoin, Hirocoin) and CryptoNight (Monero) run better on NVidia GPU's. You'll have to mine a coin utilizing these algos to make any sort of money.
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1143

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 10:52:30 PM

This guy's long since gone and not posted a single forum post since so you're all answering thin air for a topic long since dead in bitcoin mining. I'm locking the thread and he can start another if he ever comes back and feels the need to discuss this any more.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer and ckpool/ckproxy.
ZERO FEE Pooled mining at ckpool.org, 1% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.