Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:27:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I got scammed for 3.32 BTC worth 2000 USD  (Read 1730 times)
malyrose (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 12:20:58 PM

Hi

I just Got scammed for 3.32 BTC worth around 2000 USD

https://blockchain.info/tx/5d3792cd77f745af971003545974e3a12c8e8ba82addf9a539212650b75b59dc

I was post advertising on localbitcoins.com website for selling my 3.32 BTC and mention my skype id in my posting for fast contact me
and then one guy replied to me via Skype messenger id : jrbumbaddy

and tell me that they very trusted guy on LBC with 100+ feedback's as below profile
https://localbitcoins.com/accounts/profile/bumdaddy/

I was in hurry to sell my btc for cash so I just send them directly all my 3.32 BTC and now I just got scammed as now I found that I was contacted by fake guy with similarly skype id as https://localbitcoins.com/accounts/profile/bumdaddy/
Real Skype Name was : jrbumdaddy

oh shit its totally my fault I try too fast to sell my btc and now in totally lose Cry Shocked Sad Angry

I warn peoples here to be careful and stay away from any scammers whose try show they are trusted persons but they just scammers

be careful guy never lose your hard earned cash btc and do not do same mistake as I did Sad
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
minerpumpkin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 12:25:13 PM

Sorry for your loss! That's a simple, yet ingenious trick to switch the b for a d... Sad
I guess it's always prudent to stick to the actual marketplace and not do any business off a site.

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 12:29:24 PM

Make sure to always get any deals via Skype confirmed via a message on the forum or trading site from the trusted account.

Message me if you have any problems
corado

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 12:47:26 PM

oh Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

you sent first 2000 US Dollars to an scammer?Huh?

I thing you are too rich for easily lost that much money LOL

man why not you first contact trader via localbitcoins website and confirm if you talking with real person??

I traded some times here and also on LBC and I always use escrow and never got any problem so far

davellolzz

Activity: 43

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 03:07:49 PM

I also have the same experience while playing in RAGNAROK back in my high school days scammers try to fool people from using the same name.
And its really working until now. See. Shocked
Xch4ng3

Activity: 661
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 04:38:27 PM

Sorry but why would you sent outside of LocalBitcoins.com? The whole point of LBC is so that scams are reduced through use of Escrow.

[AUTOBUY] [CHEAP] $2 Account Shop -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4611147
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 06:20:31 PM

I don't get it. You posted the ad on LBC, it has a built in escrow system, so why did you decide to send directly to him? No skype or any other form of outside chat is required, LBC has a built in messaging system as well. Sorry you lost such a large amount, but what the hell are you thinking?

Sumerian

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 11:57:40 PM

I recommend selling your bitcoins on Bitonic.nl, it's dutch but you can easily sell your BTC there.

Want Free Bitcoins? Check out BitcoInvest
Gws24

Activity: 537
Merit: 524

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 02:20:28 PM

I recommend selling your bitcoins on Bitonic.nl, it's dutch but you can easily sell your BTC there.
That is only a good option if you're dutch or belgian
Sumerian

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 02:30:48 PM

That is only a good option if you're dutch or belgian

Why? Because the website is Dutch? You can sell from almost any country really.

Gws24

Activity: 537
Merit: 524

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 03:22:25 PM

I think its pretty important to be able to read the site! Since the site is in dutch imho it is very difficult for non dutch speakers to sell there. As to selling from almost any country that is not really true. It uses Iban and that is mostly used in europe and in a couple of other countries but what if the topic starter is in asia, america, australie etc?

I use bitonic a lot my self and they provide a great service but your statement that the TS should just use bitonic is kinda pointless when you don't know where he's from.

EDIT: By looking at the localbitcoins link in the op I assume the topic starter is in Canada or the US and the bitonic isn't a viable option.
Sumerian

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 03:34:26 PM

I think its pretty important to be able to read the site! Since the site is in dutch imho it is very difficult for non dutch speakers to sell there. As to selling from almost any country that is not really true. It uses Iban and that is mostly used in europe and in a couple of other countries but what if the topic starter is in asia, america, australie etc?

I use bitonic a lot my self and they provide a great service but your statement that the TS should just use bitonic is kinda pointless when you don't know where he's from.

EDIT: By looking at the localbitcoins link in the op I assume the topic starter is in Canada or the US and the bitonic isn't a viable option.

It's not a statement, it's a recommendation. All business with them goes supersmooth. I haven't thought of the IBAN thing though.

kingscrown

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 12:24:49 AM

this days theres more scams here than legit things Sad

ukwarren

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 04:29:26 PM

Ahh that suck's buddy Sad Hope you recover it in another way , Things have a way of coming back in other ways.  Warren
Concerned

Activity: 98

Exchanging Since 2012

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 05:37:51 PM

you are an idiot! why would you even consider doing it without escrow??
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: