Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:52:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Developers needed for a crypto AR game  (Read 701 times)
Gizfreak (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 09:47:56 PM

I am planning to develop an AR (augmented reality) game for different cryptocoins and looking for cryptocoin enthusiasts that know how to develop an app like I got in mind.
I really believe that this could be a new approach to the use of cryptocurrency generally and take it to a whole new level.
Further information on this project can be found at this temporarily page.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitjoint

Activity: 333
Merit: 250

Commander of the Hodl Legions

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 09:48:18 AM

I am a game developer but I don't really understand what you mean by "augomented reality" games.

Dude, and you call yourself a game dev? xD

He's obviously referring to a game like Google's Ingress

I've architected and built similar projects. You just need a couple of Android and iOS AR libraries, and an API for the geo-fencing... I already thought about a project like this one involving bitcoin. I would be willing to collaborate in some way, but the current website is horribly designed and bad for marketing.

OP, I suppose that if you aren't offering competitive Dev and Design/Marketing, you must have at least funds for pushing the project forward. Am I right?

Cheers.
Gizfreak (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 12:37:52 PM
Last edit: July 28, 2014, 12:56:24 PM by Gizfreak

I am a game developer but I don't really understand what you mean by "augomented reality" games.

Dude, and you call yourself a game dev? xD

He's obviously referring to a game like Google's Ingress

I've architected and built similar projects. You just need a couple of Android and iOS AR libraries, and an API for the geo-fencing... I already thought about a project like this one involving bitcoin. I would be willing to collaborate in some way, but the current website is horribly designed and bad for marketing.

OP, I suppose that if you aren't offering competitive Dev and Design/Marketing, you must have at least funds for pushing the project forward. Am I right?

Cheers.
You got it right bitjoint and I also like to point out to e.g. Bitrunner that unfortunately wasn't able to succeed with their crowdfunding target.
But my aim is not to make it as complex as Bitrunner. Just dropping and picking up coins.

You are also right that I am nor a qualified designer, neither do I have development experience. I know that the website will be hurting the eyes of someone who looks at it from a designer point of view, that's why I call it a temporary page.

I thought about the idea of crowdfunding, but I don't like to be dependant of funders. The way I would like to fund this project is by adding altcoins to it for a certain amount that will be splitted amongst the developers.
I myself am not in this project for making money, that's why I don't claim some percentage. I'm in it for the fun and because I believe that the time is right for an app like this.

I hope I could explain my intentions well enough.

BTW: I hodl on to my Judgecoins Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: