Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:00:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is investing now for the BTC reward halving a good idea?  (Voting closed: September 17, 2016, 06:27:23 PM)
Yes - Invest Now/Soon - 11 (55%)
No - Stupid Idea - 9 (45%)
Total Voters: 20

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Block Reward Halving - Invest?  (Read 1303 times)
makingwin1

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 05:09:09 PM

The halving is coming. Surely this would increase demand for Bitcoin? I am planning on buying as much BTC as possible ASAP and plan to sell it after the halving of block rewards. Do you think this is a good idea?

of course buy much as you can now because price of bitcoin will rise after halving for sure, it can rise by 50$ only but it will rise anyway so if you will buy some bitcoins now and will keep for halving, you'll can sell them later for more that you spent on them, and their price rises even now so later they will be more expensive

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 05:10:01 PM

I don' get it, why should demand for bitcoin increase because of this?

because the halving usually bring a good expectations and a good hype it's the same reason why humans are happy only in the festivity....

people just need a reason to be encouraged to do something
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 05:16:33 PM

because the halving usually bring a good expectations and a good hype it's the same reason why humans are happy only in the festivity....

exactly.
i was thinking about this the other day. the hype alone can cause a lot of demand that in turn can cause a big price rise.
also add the rest of the speculation to that, then there will be a guaranteed price rise in the near future.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 05:28:46 PM

I've seem a few halvings and all the anticipation but when it actually happens price doesn't move because halving is irrelevant to the price...

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 06:10:01 PM

I've seem a few halvings and all the anticipation but when it actually happens price doesn't move because halving is irrelevant to the price...

it depend what halving you're talking about, litecoin faced an increase, other coin are so crappy that they died before the halving come in play, or were not interesting enough anymore

for bitcoin even the first halving has brught some increase
Iseecookies

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 06:17:12 PM

Are we talking speculation or giving more voice to fud,thats one of the biggest issues with bitcoin news that sways the price.
Way to many people out of greed that are willing to pull every dirty trick out of the book to push the coin one way or another.

This halving situation is just another potential drama push,speculation on what will happen is really unknown at this point.
lister storm

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 06:34:42 PM

i believe everyone who wants to make a lot of money should invest right now as the price of the bitcoin is surely going to rise a lot

i buy as much bitcoins as i can right now with the money that are left over for me, i have never held my bitcoins as strong as i do right now
BruceLee007

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 10:45:17 AM

The halving is coming. Surely this would increase demand for Bitcoin? I am planning on buying as much BTC as possible ASAP and plan to sell it after the halving of block rewards. Do you think this is a good idea?

yes you should invest in bitcoins now because of halving, i think that it is awesome idea because you will win lots of money if you'll sell bitcoins after halving, because then price will rise to sky for sure, maybe to 800$ or even more so you won't regret that
Kollor

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 05:02:27 AM

OP should have think of investing last year, If you would buy today and wait for the halving the profit is not as big as you could profit if you keep coins since last year... though the halving is said to increase the price, I think it would not be as big as everyone is expecting...But overall, it is still good to invest until halving..
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: