Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:56:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 [322] 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 ... 434 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes  (Read 810011 times)
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2015, 11:23:47 PM

The name should be changed to just SPR.

Uff, atleast that's an improvement over last time (about a month ago) when you suggested we change our name to MEH!
(that was so hilarious I'll remember my LOL for a long time)

Grin

The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 11:42:16 PM

The name should be changed to just SPR.

Uff, atleast that's an improvement over last time (about a month ago) when you suggested we change our name to MEH!
(that was so hilarious I'll remember my LOL for a long time)

Grin

No seriously. SPR.

Like:

IBM
NBA
NSA
FBI
CIA
ITV

Brand names with short letters don't raise questions about their meaning. It becomes just a utility, a noun that can also become a verb.

I bought some Spread today to buy some pot online doesn't quite fit.
AliMan

Activity: 1960
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 12:03:15 AM

Anyone know the date of the actual release of the masternodes?
DeCrypterManiac

Activity: 550
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 12:06:10 AM

Maybe you should now finally remove that "No Pools" in the ANN...
njs811

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 01:00:55 AM

Don't spread FUD guys, the miner / pool combo is very simple, minimalistic and secure at once.

Let me explain why:

Currently, or before some time, the miner uses ccminer/spreadminer/sgminer and connects to his local wallet via an unencrypted connection i.e. everyone could read the privkey by listening to the connection, using wireshark or even by intercepting the data communication (Man-In-The-Middle)..
This is also a big security flaw for the coin if (private) miners are connecting to their wallet over the Internet i.e. their Rigs are not only local in their own network, as everyone could literally steal their private key.

One thing i've done is: I've encrypted all data between the pool and the miner, it uses a secure SSL connection, its the same kind of connection you use when you're doing online banking etc (https) so if you want to sniff on the data - you first have to break the SSL encryption and then you can steal that one session key :-)

The second thing is, "normal" miners don't work, I've simply tweaked them to refuse all kind of unencrypted connections and also added an extra certificate with some encryption so the pool recognizes exactly which version is used by whom. Thats why you need to use special versions of miners, they are simply of higher security.

So after all, I still don't get what you people are having against mining on a pool, there is and was pool mining on SPR all the time, just on private pools, now you have a public one and some start to FUD the hell out of it but don't even know what they are talking about, why ? :-)

Oh and btw.. These nice charts / graphics etc always implied there was NO pool mining and "decentralization" here .. Well.. I've mined LOTS of blocks with the pool already and it seems that noone ever realized.. So maybe your "decentralization" is not as good as it seems ... How else could I get away with it then all the time ?

Stop FUD'ing and keep concentrating on your Spread... err.. Masternodes and do something for the coin..

As long as a coin is mineable by anything like CCminer/Sgminer/Minerd you can start a pool for it.. Its just a matter of time and a matter of effort.. I had some spare time and nothing todo so I invested the time into this.. If this thing would be of more worth, already more pools would be there.

Oh and yes - I'll open source everything - absolutely. This is also no security hole as the certificates/passwords/encryption keys of the miners are of course NOT released...(no stealing) So everyone can compile their own miner, with his own keys/encryption for his own pools... Very simple, isn't it ?

So then, what is the log in for the pool?
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2015, 01:11:38 AM

Don't spread FUD guys, the miner / pool combo is very simple, minimalistic and secure at once.

Let me explain why:

Currently, or before some time, the miner uses ccminer/spreadminer/sgminer and connects to his local wallet via an unencrypted connection i.e. everyone could read the privkey by listening to the connection, using wireshark or even by intercepting the data communication (Man-In-The-Middle)..
This is also a big security flaw for the coin if (private) miners are connecting to their wallet over the Internet i.e. their Rigs are not only local in their own network, as everyone could literally steal their private key.

One thing i've done is: I've encrypted all data between the pool and the miner, it uses a secure SSL connection, its the same kind of connection you use when you're doing online banking etc (https) so if you want to sniff on the data - you first have to break the SSL encryption and then you can steal that one session key :-)

The second thing is, "normal" miners don't work, I've simply tweaked them to refuse all kind of unencrypted connections and also added an extra certificate with some encryption so the pool recognizes exactly which version is used by whom. Thats why you need to use special versions of miners, they are simply of higher security.

So after all, I still don't get what you people are having against mining on a pool, there is and was pool mining on SPR all the time, just on private pools, now you have a public one and some start to FUD the hell out of it but don't even know what they are talking about, why ? :-)

Oh and btw.. These nice charts / graphics etc always implied there was NO pool mining and "decentralization" here .. Well.. I've mined LOTS of blocks with the pool already and it seems that noone ever realized.. So maybe your "decentralization" is not as good as it seems ... How else could I get away with it then all the time ?

Stop FUD'ing and keep concentrating on your Spread... err.. Masternodes and do something for the coin..

As long as a coin is mineable by anything like CCminer/Sgminer/Minerd you can start a pool for it.. Its just a matter of time and a matter of effort.. I had some spare time and nothing todo so I invested the time into this.. If this thing would be of more worth, already more pools would be there.

Oh and yes - I'll open source everything - absolutely. This is also no security hole as the certificates/passwords/encryption keys of the miners are of course NOT released...(no stealing) So everyone can compile their own miner, with his own keys/encryption for his own pools... Very simple, isn't it ?

The log in? You can Register for free, like on every other suprnova pool Smiley

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
njs811

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 01:12:26 AM

Let me explain why:

Yea, just go ahead and send me the link.
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2015, 01:14:13 AM

Let me explain why:

Yea, just go ahead and send me the link.

Huh? Its still https://spr.suprnova.cc

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
thefix
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 01:57:28 AM

Let me explain why:

Awesome work, this sort of thing can only help the coin become stronger!
njs811

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 02:04:18 AM

What is the fastest, free, AMD gpu miner available?
njs811

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 02:06:05 AM

What is the fastest, free, AMD gpu miner available?

https://github.com/spreadcoin-project/spreadcoinx11-sgminer -- from the OP. Best SPR miner I know of matching that criteria.

thanks.
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2015, 03:35:36 AM

Let me explain why:

its the lack of understanding that makes people nervous ...

you have explained it well ...

Smiley ...

btw - I have pm'd you regarding the software issue ...

#crysx

Thanks for your warm words - finally someone ;-)

Yes - I got your PM, currently my inbox is exploding but we'll find a way to get you fixed soon, I'll try to compile it for you under fedora, should be no big deal Smiley

fantastic - tanx ...

i have the whole farm on x11 at the moment - so a fedora 19 x64 sgminer and spreadminer would be awesome ...

and you are correct - its no big deal - just a pain in the ass ... vbox ( or just 'boxes' under fedora ) can automatically install a virtual f19x64 system within 20mins - depending on your machine ...

tanx again - ill await your message ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2015, 05:39:40 AM

Let me explain why:

Smiley ...

#crysx

Yes - I got your PM, currently my inbox is exploding but we'll find a way to get you fixed soon, I'll try to compile it for you under fedora, should be no big deal Smiley

fantastic - tanx ...

i have the whole farm on x11 at the moment - so a fedora 19 x64 sgminer and spreadminer would be awesome ...

and you are correct - its no big deal - just a pain in the ass ... vbox ( or just 'boxes' under fedora ) can automatically install a virtual f19x64 system within 20mins - depending on your machine ...

#crysx

X11? Isn't that pretty bad profitability? I think even DGB-Qubit with a small boost is more profitable than X11 now.

this is true wolf - but the setup of the farm is at a stage where if i setup different algo on the miners - then it gets VERY time consuming and a great deal of wastage if / when the site ( such as westhash or yaamp for eg ) goes down ...

i have yet to find a way of setting the miners efficiently so that they can not only change the proxies they are pointing to ( all are stratehm proxies ) - but also the algo they are mining ...

im not a programmer - so its difficult for me to personally do that unless i can employ the services of a skilled programmer to do such things ...

it is a very labor intensive thing changing algos every few days ... and as granitecoin is x11 - i stay with x11 for all the other mining so that a switch over is seamless ( via the proxy ) - as there is no algo change ...

i know the farm is not running as efficiently as it should be - but i know of no other way except manually changing everything and rebooting / restarting the miners ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2015, 05:59:21 AM

Let me explain why:

Smiley ...

#crysx

fantastic - tanx ...

#crysx

X11? Isn't that pretty bad profitability? I think even DGB-Qubit with a small boost is more profitable than X11 now.

this is true wolf - but the setup of the farm is at a stage where if i setup different algo on the miners - then it gets VERY time consuming and a great deal of wastage if / when the site ( such as westhash or yaamp for eg ) goes down ...

i have yet to find a way of setting the miners efficiently so that they can not only change the proxies they are pointing to ( all are stratehm proxies ) - but also the algo they are mining ...

im not a programmer - so its difficult for me to personally do that unless i can employ the services of a skilled programmer to do such things ...

it is a very labor intensive thing changing algos every few days ... and as granitecoin is x11 - i stay with x11 for all the other mining so that a switch over is seamless ( via the proxy ) - as there is no algo change ...

i know the farm is not running as efficiently as it should be - but i know of no other way except manually changing everything and rebooting / restarting the miners ...

#crysx

Simple - update your configs to do the SGMiner 5 style profit switching - it works based on whether a port is closed or open, I think - therefore, you want to change algos, kill the stratum proxy and the miners will jump to the next proxy with the next algo.

ok - sounds simple enough ... though i wouldnt have the faintest idea where i could start with a config like that - or how to set it up in fedora 19 x64 ...

would you have any idea where i could see such a config? ...

tanx ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2015, 06:58:18 AM

Let me explain why:

Smiley ...

#crysx

fantastic - tanx ...

#crysx

#crysx

Simple - update your configs to do the SGMiner 5 style profit switching - it works based on whether a port is closed or open, I think - therefore, you want to change algos, kill the stratum proxy and the miners will jump to the next proxy with the next algo.

ok - sounds simple enough ... though i wouldnt have the faintest idea where i could start with a config like that - or how to set it up in fedora 19 x64 ...

would you have any idea where i could see such a config? ...

tanx ...

#crysx

I think NiceHash has an example one - I dunno if it works exactly like I described, but I think it does.

kool ... ill have a look tonight ...

tanx for your help mate ...

#crysx

stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 07:09:44 AM

Looks like OCMiner might be claiming the $10 bounty for creating a public pool at some point  Wink

defunctec
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 07:51:52 AM

Looks like OCMiner might be claiming the $10 bounty for creating a public pool at some point  Wink

Lol $185 atm.
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 08:05:44 AM

Lol $185 atm.

Sorry, genuinely didn't mean that to sound derogatory.  I just didn't know how much the bounty had risen to.

OCMiner's method is good.  I think there are one or two other fairly simple ways to create public pools too but at the end of the day none of this matters.  The important thing is what Spreadcoin offers over Darkcoin in terms of privacy, security, transaction speed and economy. 
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2015, 08:12:26 AM

Lol $185 atm.

Sorry, genuinely didn't mean that to sound derogatory.  I just didn't know how much the bounty had risen to.

OCMiner's method is good.  I think there are one or two other fairly simple ways to create public pools too but at the end of the day none of this matters.  The important thing is what Spreadcoin offers over Darkcoin in terms of privacy, security, transaction speed and economy. 

when the software becomes public and opensource so that we can compile our own miners - thats when it will be even easier to access the pool ...

until then - the poor guy has to compile for the 'general' users ...

all good for the coin anyway you see it Smiley

#crysx

njs811

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 09:13:12 AM

So how long until we reach the $1 price? Guesses anyone?
Pages: « 1 ... 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 [322] 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 ... 434 »
  Print  

Jump to: