Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 09:00:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Solo Mining use a pi cluster!  (Read 3366 times)
jdsalmon123 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 10:15:32 AM
Last edit: July 29, 2014, 10:31:26 AM by jdsalmon123

Morning Bitcoin Talk!

I currently have a cluster of 5 rpi's set-up with miners with them on a 8 port switchboard that contains my main computer on it so they are all interlinked with each other on a very localize network. And i was wondering if i was to run the bitcoin-qt client in server node on my main computer HOW i could get my miners to point to it, would i use i my local ip (e.g: 192.169.0.2:(followed by port) or how would i go about doing such a thing?

P.S i realize that it cannot be profitable and im not looking for it to replace pool mining it wa just a little project that if i could do i could manipulate the whole way my computer system reacts with each other based on different cryptocurrencies
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 01:06:17 PM

Morning Bitcoin Talk!

I currently have a cluster of 5 rpi's set-up with miners with them on a 8 port switchboard that contains my main computer on it so they are all interlinked with each other on a very localize network. And i was wondering if i was to run the bitcoin-qt client in server node on my main computer HOW i could get my miners to point to it, would i use i my local ip (e.g: 192.169.0.2:(followed by port) or how would i go about doing such a thing?

P.S i realize that it cannot be profitable and im not looking for it to replace pool mining it wa just a little project that if i could do i could manipulate the whole way my computer system reacts with each other based on different cryptocurrencies
You have 5 rPis with miners.  I'm not entirely sure what that means... does each rPi have a USB stick miner attached to it, something like this:

At any rate, all you need to do is point your mining software to the machine hosting the bitcoin core.  For example, on my local network, I have an rPi that controls 5 Antminer U2.  I run cgminer on that rPi.  I setup my "pool" to be my local bitcoin core.  In other words:
Code:
IP address of rPI - 10.0.1.9
IP address of bitcoin core - 10.0.1.14
start cgminer like this:
./cgminer -o http://10.0.1.14:8332 -u USER -p PASSWORD
You get USER and PASSWORD from your bitcoin.conf file.  That file should look something like this:
Code:
server=1
rpcuser=USER
rpcpassword=PASSWORD
rpcallowip=10.0.1.*

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: