Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:30:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty for X11 NVidia miner  (Read 8516 times)
brooklynite

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 03:21:53 PM

X11 is becoming a very popular solution for miners and has two very decent coins under its belt already, Darkcoin and Hirocoin. Kudos to Evan Duffield the original creator of X11.

The NVidia miners are somewhat left out though as there is no Cuda miner for X11 yet. I would like to offer a bounty of 20,000 Hirocoin for a working Cuda miner for X11. This offer is open for the next month and will be reviewed on the 26th March if no Cuda miners exists at that point. The bounty is currently worth 0.8BTC and the price is rising sharply.

Let me know if this is something that you are able to do and want to compete for the bounty. Miners will be validated on nvidia cards in the order that they are submitted.

Here is a better solution and saves you your 0.8BTC.

Why dont you sell the POS nVidia cards on eBay and get a couple of monster R9 290s? Better speed for gaming, better scrypt mining and better resale value (AMD Graphics cards FLY off the shelves. Try putting on on Craigslist at the right price, you will get tons of messages).

Because:

A) My 750tis mine at 50% hash of my 7950s for 25% of the power.
B) Summer is coming, I'd rather not have my 7950s heating up my apartment.
C) Decentralization, be it individual hash, pool hash, or hardware adoption (remember how AMD prices skyrocketed as a result of mining?) is better than a monopoly.

nVidia has NEVER been faster or better at the same price point compared to AMD, NEVER, neither has Intel, again at the same PRICE POINT. The only thing AMD has continuously failed is the Catalyst drivers which they can never get right.

Radeon R7 265 2GB is the direct competitor to the 750ti You are comparing it to 7950 which is not a very good card for mining plus its 2 years old already. Compare to 280x at least thats 10 months old:

The R7 265 costs $150 gets 445 kh/s and uses 150W
nVidia 750ti also costs $150 gets 300 kh/s and uses 38-60W depending on which model you use

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gadado

Activity: 965
Merit: 515

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 06:35:42 PM

Why dont you sell the POS nVidia cards on eBay and get a couple of monster R9 290s? Better speed for gaming, better scrypt mining and better resale value (AMD Graphics cards FLY off the shelves. Try putting on on Craigslist at the right price, you will get tons of messages).

nVidia has NEVER been faster or better at the same price point compared to AMD, NEVER, neither has Intel, again at the same PRICE POINT. The only thing AMD has continuously failed is the Catalyst drivers which they can never get right.

Radeon R7 265 2GB is the direct competitor to the 750ti You are comparing it to 7950 which is not a very good card for mining plus its 2 years old already. Compare to 280x at least thats 10 months old:

nVidia 750ti also costs $150 gets 300 kh/s and uses 38-60W depending on which model you use

This year was the first time I ever bought Radeon cards. 2 R290x. I bought it because they are better for mineing.

However I somewhat regret it.

It was way more difficult to get them running right and the standard R290x is sort of a cheat package in my opinion because it doesn't runs as advertised ..they have a serious termal problem and their fan is too loud and too noisy and their GPU engine clock turtles down.

Before you say yeah it's the wrong card..should have taken a saphier etc ... true.. but I have an Nvidia690 which has a DUAL GPU and a cage fan too.
It looks very much the same from outside.

The Nvidia runs at max power without turteling down the GPU clock and it is SILENT and just performs 24/7 day in day out. No trouble at all.
And on top of that cbuchners cuda miner just run as it should. No strage and long time trying to figureing out of those cgminer settings.

It took me days to get the right cgminer config (yeah I am useing sgminer too) and it took me days to build a cooling system for those 2 cards in my PC that is working and is silent enough and I still can run the CPU at 100% too.

Ok once all is set up it runs. Just a question how long till the card will burn out.. as I read this is a common problem of those radeon cards.

BUT the real let down still followed: I figured out why I never wanted to buy a radeon card: Blenders cycle render! Yeah I forgot about it.

Simple put Blender is a high end free ware animation tool and their render is fast with Nvidia and cuda but does not work with OpenCl and Radeon

As I understand it it is not becuase they don't want but because of AMD's radeon drivers and OpenCL limitations!

The next generation of Nvidia cards comming out very soon and is a lot more energy efficient and of course increase performance.

It might be very significant for the second half of this year when it comes to mineing. We might see a surprise and a rethinking of Radeon vs Nvidia for that half year..who knows.

I sure will go back to Nvidia. Less problems less noise and can be used for more than just mineing.
brooklynite

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 07:24:31 PM

This year was the first time I ever bought Radeon cards. 2 R290x. I bought it because they are better for mineing.

However I somewhat regret it.

It was way more difficult to get them running right and the standard R290x is sort of a cheat package in my opinion because it doesn't runs as advertised ..they have a serious termal problem and their fan is too loud and too noisy and their GPU engine clock turtles down.

Before you say yeah it's the wrong card..should have taken a saphier etc ... true.. but I have an Nvidia690 which has a DUAL GPU and a cage fan too.
It looks very much the same from outside.

The Nvidia runs at max power without turteling down the GPU clock and it is SILENT and just performs 24/7 day in day out. No trouble at all.
And on top of that cbuchners cuda miner just run as it should. No strage and long time trying to figureing out of those cgminer settings.

It took me days to get the right cgminer config (yeah I am useing sgminer too) and it took me days to build a cooling system for those 2 cards in my PC that is working and is silent enough and I still can run the CPU at 100% too.

Ok once all is set up it runs. Just a question how long till the card will burn out.. as I read this is a common problem of those radeon cards.

BUT the real let down still followed: I figured out why I never wanted to buy a radeon card: Blenders cycle render! Yeah I forgot about it.

Simple put Blender is a high end free ware animation tool and their render is fast with Nvidia and cuda but does not work with OpenCl and Radeon

As I understand it it is not becuase they don't want but because of AMD's radeon drivers and OpenCL limitations!

The next generation of Nvidia cards comming out very soon and is a lot more energy efficient and of course increase performance.

It might be very significant for the second half of this year when it comes to mineing. We might see a surprise and a rethinking of Radeon vs Nvidia for that half year..who knows.

I sure will go back to Nvidia. Less problems less noise and can be used for more than just mineing.

280x is the ideal card for mining with 7970 being the close runner up (only because of loew resale value, otherwise hashrate is the same).

290x is not good for mining, the electrical use does not justify, nevermind the cost. 290 maybe ok but not as efficient as 280x for the hashrate.

I have used nVidia and AMD both for a very long time. I have had AMD CPUs and ATI graphic cards since early 90s.

I can tell you I would never use Intel + nVidia combo over AMD + AMD combo for any PC, gaming or mining.

You also mentioned putting two cards in a PC, that will make your cards very loud. Get a $20 box fan and your CARD will get much quiter. The poor thing is HOT. Your fan speeds should not get over 60%, if they do you need better air blowing at it or your ambient temperature is too high. If your room temp is over 85F or you are leaving it outside and outside temp is over 85F, you should simply SHUT OFF THE RIG, period.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00002ND67/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00002ND67&linkCode=as2&tag=subbicom-20
kr00t0n

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 06:58:58 AM

X11 is becoming a very popular solution for miners and has two very decent coins under its belt already, Darkcoin and Hirocoin. Kudos to Evan Duffield the original creator of X11.

The NVidia miners are somewhat left out though as there is no Cuda miner for X11 yet. I would like to offer a bounty of 20,000 Hirocoin for a working Cuda miner for X11. This offer is open for the next month and will be reviewed on the 26th March if no Cuda miners exists at that point. The bounty is currently worth 0.8BTC and the price is rising sharply.

Let me know if this is something that you are able to do and want to compete for the bounty. Miners will be validated on nvidia cards in the order that they are submitted.

Because:

A) My 750tis mine at 50% hash of my 7950s for 25% of the power.
B) Summer is coming, I'd rather not have my 7950s heating up my apartment.
C) Decentralization, be it individual hash, pool hash, or hardware adoption (remember how AMD prices skyrocketed as a result of mining?) is better than a monopoly.

User needs are subjective though. I have only had one Nvidia card in my main rig over the past 14 years, and that was the 8800GT, as it was great value for money at the time.

All my other cards have been AMD/ATI as they offered the best price/performance ratio in my price range. I currently have crossfired 7950s in my main rig.

So whilst AMD are winning the price/performance crown, you are forgetting that that crown isn't the be all and end all.

My cards do a great job mining, but are sitting in the mid-to-high 60s doing so whilst being fairly noisy. Heating my flat with them has been great over the winter, but it just won't be sustainable during the summer.

This is where the 750ti power efficiencies come in to play. Yeah, lower hash means it takes longer to recoup my initial cost, but after that, my earnings are actually better due to the significantly lower power usage. The fact that they are running in the mid-to-low 50s whilst being inaudible of my general livingroom noise levels is a MASSIVE plus too.

If someone is happy to endure a slower ROI for the benefit of lower power usage, noise and heat, then the 750tis are the best choice, and that is why some of us would like support for Nvidia to be extended.
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 04:09:08 PM

offtopic, but the "outstanding" 750Ti power savings vs the 280x or 7950, are a fallacy. Yes, in the end, the 750Ti still wins on hash/W, but it's misguided to tune the Tahiti card to max out hash speed, set whatever voltage you need to achieve it, and then complain it is not efficient!

If you want low power, you tune for low power! (and low heat and noise). You undervolt to whatever low voltage, e.g. 0.85V(?) to 0.95V. This allows ranges dependent on leakage, VRM and ASIC quality, but let's say 800~1030 Mhz core, 500~700 Kh/s at 110~150W. That's scrypt. If you mine others, you can cut up to 40W from the vram power consumption.

Not to speak of the lower density, the always present 100+W base platform overhead, the upfront cost of extra components per Mh/s, the higher cost of the 750Ti per hash, it's quirks when using risers, etc...

ontopic: of course it would be great for Nvidians to mine X11. I occasionally use my gaming/Linux GTX760 for mining, too.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Joerii
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 11:08:35 AM

A cudaminer for Hirocoin would attract even more miners.

Hypercube - get the attention you deserve
decivox

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 03:45:28 PM

Think in a 1-2 weeks timeframe. We're lacking a couple more hash functions still before we can do X11.

BTW 3 780Ti cards now mine Animecoin at 18.5 MHash/s. Wink Expect similar performance for all Quark based coins.

We still aim for more.

Christian

Coming soon...
elbandi

Activity: 525
Merit: 529

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 05:56:07 PM

Is someone working on this?

Elbandi
OmarGsPools

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 05:40:24 AM

Is someone working on this?

Elbandi

I believe Christian from cudaminer is working on it currently. They were only a few algo's away from having it working.

Apparently they'll have quite the edge because of how efficient their miner is with groestl.

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
scryptr
Legendary

Activity: 1793
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 07:55:47 PM

Hello all-

This thread is a little old, but I have both an AMD R7 265 mining rig and an nVidia 750ti mining rig.  Christian Buchner's "ccminer" has been developed and forked/modified by a crew of nVidia enthusiasts. Cudaminer still mines scrypt and scrypt variants, but the ccminer has been adapted to a number of algorithms.

When mining X11 algorithm with ccminer, my 5 card nVidia 750ti rig gets 2.600 MH/s per card, 13.000 MH/s per accepted share (yay!!!).  My 4 card AMD R7 265 on sph-sgminer by DJM34 gets an average of 1.340 MH/s per card, and 5.300 MH/s for the rig.  Granted, 5 cards versus 4 cards is not fair, Smiley  but the R7 265 gets only half the average hashing speed on a per-card comparison.

Both run quietly and with very little heat.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to tweak the R7 265 card for X11 algorithm, please post.  I have been told that xIntensity and Intensity have no affect on this algorithm.       -scryptr

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
          GITHUB: "github.com/scryptr"  MERIT is appreciated, also.  Thanks!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: