Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:13:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin slowly losing its popularity?  (Read 8607 times)
dande1

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 09:13:05 PM

Every day there are more and more websites that start accepting bitcoins, though unfortunately they don't attend to be that popular and so trustworthy. I'm not really sure about this.
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
x8008 (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 10:35:21 PM

what about all the government crap? remember the good days you could withdraw bitcoins into fiat pretty much with no ID required on literally any exchange.. now it's just fucking controlled by big brother
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4616

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 10:38:45 PM

what about all the government crap? remember the good days you could withdraw bitcoins into fiat pretty much with no ID required on literally any exchange.. now it's just fucking controlled by big brother

That's a fiat problem, not a bitcoin problem.

If anything it's a good reason to use bitcoin more and fiat less.
Habeler876

Activity: 624
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 10:45:55 PM

Trying to use the past to predict the future of a volatile commodity like bitcoin is an exercise in futility.

You sure about that? The pattern seems easily recognizable to me.

FYI I dumped my life savings in the middle between the two red boxes. No regrets.

Keep extrapolating, especially on such a miniscule data set, and you will get hit pretty hard when your expectations fail. Just saying.

DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4616

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 10:53:55 PM

Trying to use the past to predict the future of a volatile commodity like bitcoin is an exercise in futility.
You sure about that? The pattern seems easily recognizable to me.

http://xkcd.com/605/

Or, if you prefer:

http://xkcd.com/1007/

Matze

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 11:11:56 PM

Bitcoin is just like any other commodity it goes up and down.
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 11:19:45 PM

thoughts?
If you define popularity as being how well known a person or thing is then I would have to say 'hell no'.  Bitcoin grows in popularity by the day.  Even negative news will getcha known by many.

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1009

Ad maiora!

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 11:53:00 PM

"losing" not "loosing", please.
x8008 (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:01:35 AM

*high five*
tss

Activity: 742

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:14:12 AM

my thought is i should be making threads like this to increase my rank on bitcointalk and then reply to everyone about everything regarding anything.  just like this post
right wing authoritarian

Activity: 73

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:33:57 AM

my thought is i should be making threads like this to increase my rank on bitcointalk and then reply to everyone about everything regarding anything.  just like this post

That would be extremely cynical and annoying, who would do such a thing.

By the way Loosing is a much better spelling of losing and should be adopted.

Also if by popularity the OP means number of unique addresses then bitcoin is becoming more popular, if the OP is talking about demand for bitcoin at a particular price then bitcoin is less popular. However the price of bitcoin really reflects an asset allocation decision where individual investors are deciding if the asset is over or undervalued, so it does not really tell us anything about popularity.

Damn I should have posted three separate messages then I would be a full member.
oceans

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:57:34 AM

From what I have seen bitcoin is definitely not losing popularity. It may seem like that with prices drop and increasing all the time but that is something that will happen, it's not going to lose popularity over that and definitely not any time soon.
beaknuke

Activity: 412

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 08:01:48 AM

*high five*

I am always fighting a loost case and struggle with spelling loosing

semidead

Activity: 94

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 08:07:22 AM

From what I have seen bitcoin is definitely not losing popularity. It may seem like that with prices drop and increasing all the time but that is something that will happen, it's not going to lose popularity over that and definitely not any time soon.

I feel like bitcoin keeps getting more media attention with time. So you're right.

sandykho47

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

Knowledge its everything

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:44:57 AM

I think Bitcoin  gain more popularity  Grin
NOT losing it's popularity

Bitcoin price down, doesn't mean Bitcoin lose popularity
And when Bitcoin price went up, Bitcoin pupularity will rise  Grin

Kemampuanku Tidak semua orang memiliki dan dapat melakukannya . Tidak memakan kaum sendiri . dan mempunyai kode etik yang tidak masuk akal.
Brooker

Activity: 274

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 11:02:24 AM

I think Bitcoin  gain more popularity  Grin
NOT losing it's popularity

Bitcoin price down, doesn't mean Bitcoin lose popularity
And when Bitcoin price went up, Bitcoin pupularity will rise  Grin

Agree with the first part, but not really the second. Bitcoin is getting more and more popular, but it's merchant adoption we need will get even more people noticing it and that will then push the price up.
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 11:48:29 AM

It's growing faster than the internet was in 1995; faster than twitter; faster than facebook.

Price != adoption

Not saying you're wrong, but what are you basing this observation on?
ensurance982

Activity: 518

Trust me!

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 11:56:30 AM

thoughts?

Well is it? I don't see the volume across the exchanges going down. The number of wallets isn't going down or stagnating. Merchants aren't pulling back. Everyone's just freaking out due to the nonexistant bubble. And traders with leveraged longs are starting to panic.

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
Qsquegg

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:41:55 PM

thoughts?

Well is it? I don't see the volume across the exchanges going down. The number of wallets isn't going down or stagnating. Merchants aren't pulling back. Everyone's just freaking out due to the nonexistant bubble. And traders with leveraged longs are starting to panic.

Yeah quite, no ones getting out en masse - and panic is good if anything, means people are at least still interested(!) and there's no reason to realistically expect a disastrous collapse blah blah.. if anyone suspects a loss of interest it's down to psychology - after a while, we all lose perspective of how significant something actually is i guess. BTC health definitely fine.
ensurance982

Activity: 518

Trust me!

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:44:40 PM

thoughts?

Yeah quite, no ones getting out en masse - and panic is good if anything, means people are at least still interested(!) and there's no reason to realistically expect a disastrous collapse blah blah.. if anyone suspects a loss of interest it's down to psychology - after a while, we all lose perspective of how significant something actually is i guess. BTC health definitely fine.

I guess it's still summer and we haven't reached full capitulation yet on this upswing. Who knows what's going to happen. You have to decide if you want to be on the boat or not, I guess Cheesy

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: