April 24, 2024, 12:36:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: .
. - 0 (0%)
. - 3 (100%)
Total Voters: 3

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][TRK] ★ Truckcoin ★ Pure PoS up to 200% per year ★ Cryptopia  (Read 141210 times)
elgimpo

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 12:39:44 AM

TRK does not need a coin swap vegas. Horrible idea.

Tell us why you think CAP and TEK are the best pos coins ever but TRK is inflated?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lightsplasher

Activity: 371

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 01:00:34 AM

Noise, please add option to poll : "Reduce money supply with coin swap" and just prove me wrong. Probably no one will click on it right? Wink Please keep in mind, I want whats best for truck, thats all. I think if you did a swap AND added a moderate premine in, everyone would be fine with it, or a larger premine like 5% and use this money for promotions. 

Vegas

I wouldn't change anything, things are working fine at this point from my point of view, except that, I have had problems with the default port being the same as Hyperstake and causing issues, how hard is this to change? 

There are many other similar such coins and others can be easily started from open source code.  I think it is important to work on promotion and the free flow of coins.  Stagnation is a worse problem than inflation in my opinion.

I think the 250 cap in combination with the block time will eventually put the breaks on inflation but right now we are producing coins faster than the community is growing so the price is low.  If the community grows we may all be complaining about missed opportunities.  Cheesy

Sometimes you need to grease the wheels and give some product away for free so to speak to drive interest.  Just a few ideas but any interest in doing a video promotion contest?  Maybe offering bounties for blog postings or graphics?
Enema

Activity: 445

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 02:29:20 AM

I can not vote, maybe of my status.
But my vote is :keep 200% fixed.
For the same reason as Noise and others have posted.

Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 04:17:40 AM

Dont you agree that HYP should be worth soooo much more with Presstab as dev?? Its been stuck at 200-300 sat forever. Thats all it will ever be worth, and Hyperstake has an aggresive marketing scheme, its the inflation holding it at 300 sat. HBN , one of the LOWEST money supplies has been rising in price. Truck is one of the best coins out and is stuck at <200 sat for months. Go head find me a coin that has been out a year or more and has 30 Million coins and has a value over 1000 sat? (excluding BTC/LTC).

Btw HYP and Truck are the two on the list that have the most money supply, and worth the least, AND they have the best devs!?!?!?

We can hire a qualified dev to do the swap. Ill pay for it. It wont destroy the coin. Everyone just uploads their coin to bittrex, and you send Bittrex the new wallet with instructions on the ratio, and they swap. When its ready users download their new coins into their new wallet. Bittrex handles most of it, there is no way to screw this up. I had heard that bittrex does not charge for coin swap, but not sure.

DMD (Diamond coin) is 2 years old, it has a money supply of 1.1M. Currently 177,000 sats. 50% pos, 7 day min stake. (Notice, this has the LOWEST money supply of them all, AND has the highest price). Market cap $500,000

Hypercoin (NOT HYP)- Over 1 year old. Money supply 4.5 Mil, current price 35,000 sats. 60% POS. 24 hr min stake age.

Orbitcoin (Orb). Over 2 years old Money supply 2 Million, 20,000 sats.

Vegas

I'm gonna get killed by two friends here Tongue

Vegas, that coin with a value over 1K sats is TEK. You're in it heavy Cheesy

I actually think that you're wrong on HYP. not that it's value will go up PER COIN, but that's in itself pretty amazing considering it's production. It has held between 2 and 400 for a LONG time, and it's supply is nearly exponential. I think it's overall value, vs production, has actually increased. I'd have to do the math on that to be certain, but when the coin had a couple million, it was at 2000ish, and now that it's a whole hell of a lot more than that, it's still worth (an hour ago) 327 sats. Not bad performance at all, just not much value per token.

I personally think that TRK is fine as is for the most part, just needs some promotion and use cases. noise23 is a great code guy. Better than he thinks he is, cuz he can make my dumb ass mostly understand wallet code. Marketing, that he could use. I've no opinion on most of the ones you mentioned due to not having dealt with them. My coins are TEK, HBN, TRK, (just now) Version 2, HYP, and of course GMC since I'm it's general manager. Of the lot, I've done the best with TEK and HYP, in that order. TRK was largely a side note, but it works and works good. HBN is rather slow to build, but when it does it's quite profitable, if you don't do something stupid like breaking the hard drive with the wallet file (gnashing teeth). (had backups of everything else... )
noise23 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 967
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 10:23:25 AM

Noise, please add option to poll : "Reduce money supply with coin swap" and just prove me wrong. Probably no one will click on it right? Wink Please keep in mind, I want whats best for truck, thats all. I think if you did a swap AND added a moderate premine in, everyone would be fine with it, or a larger premine like 5% and use this money for promotions. 

Vegas

TRK does not need a swap, it is the worst idea for the coin i can ever imagine. TRK moneysupply is low for the high pos coin.
I will not discuss it anymore - as long as i'm the dev for Truckcoin there will be no swap.
noise23 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 967
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 10:45:32 AM

Regarding the promo funding - TRK development fund wallet address is pRcEYJjZRoeCkyjG9jejM1HfLLdQDq6HTT , listed in the OP.

Current wallet balance is 107972 TRK - ready to be spent for promotion/pr but we need some ideas.
vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 05:03:13 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2015, 05:26:36 PM by vegasguy

Dont you agree that HYP should be worth soooo much more with Presstab as dev?? Its been stuck at 200-300 sat forever. Thats all it will ever be worth, and Hyperstake has an aggresive marketing scheme, its the inflation holding it at 300 sat. HBN , one of the LOWEST money supplies has been rising in price. Truck is one of the best coins out and is stuck at <200 sat for months. Go head find me a coin that has been out a year or more and has 30 Million coins and has a value over 1000 sat? (excluding BTC/LTC).

Btw HYP and Truck are the two on the list that have the most money supply, and worth the least, AND they have the best devs!?!?!?

We can hire a qualified dev to do the swap. Ill pay for it. It wont destroy the coin. Everyone just uploads their coin to bittrex, and you send Bittrex the new wallet with instructions on the ratio, and they swap. When its ready users download their new coins into their new wallet. Bittrex handles most of it, there is no way to screw this up. I had heard that bittrex does not charge for coin swap, but not sure.

DMD (Diamond coin) is 2 years old, it has a money supply of 1.1M. Currently 177,000 sats. 50% pos, 7 day min stake. (Notice, this has the LOWEST money supply of them all, AND has the highest price). Market cap $500,000

Hypercoin (NOT HYP)- Over 1 year old. Money supply 4.5 Mil, current price 35,000 sats. 60% POS. 24 hr min stake age.

Orbitcoin (Orb). Over 2 years old Money supply 2 Million, 20,000 sats.

Vegas

I'm gonna get killed by two friends here Tongue

Vegas, that coin with a value over 1K sats is TEK. You're in it heavy Cheesy

I actually think that you're wrong on HYP. not that it's value will go up PER COIN, but that's in itself pretty amazing considering it's production. It has held between 2 and 400 for a LONG time, and it's supply is nearly exponential. I think it's overall value, vs production, has actually increased. I'd have to do the math on that to be certain, but when the coin had a couple million, it was at 2000ish, and now that it's a whole hell of a lot more than that, it's still worth (an hour ago) 327 sats. Not bad performance at all, just not much value per token.

I personally think that TRK is fine as is for the most part, just needs some promotion and use cases. noise23 is a great code guy. Better than he thinks he is, cuz he can make my dumb ass mostly understand wallet code. Marketing, that he could use. I've no opinion on most of the ones you mentioned due to not having dealt with them. My coins are TEK, HBN, TRK, (just now) Version 2, HYP, and of course GMC since I'm it's general manager. Of the lot, I've done the best with TEK and HYP, in that order. TRK was largely a side note, but it works and works good. HBN is rather slow to build, but when it does it's quite profitable, if you don't do something stupid like breaking the hard drive with the wallet file (gnashing teeth). (had backups of everything else... )

These are just my ideas. Ive seen time and time again coins get inflated and value goes way down and people lose interest in the coin and volume is way down. I do want truck to have a good future, so anyway I can help I will. We have to ask the question: Truck has a great dev, it has a perfect wallet, its 200% per year, its been around a long time... why the lack of interest from investors and low price? I certainly think landing on Cryptsy with the rest of the high POS trusted mature coins will be a great start. Truck DOES belong with them. I think we need to make this thread more active to keep it bumped to the top of the altcoin/announcements section. I DO see the potential in Truck, there is just something we need to do to get it in with HBN ,CAP, and TEK. So one thing we could do is raise awareness on the Tek thread that Noise is one of the developers. Im not sure how to word it , because I dont know where Noise fits in with tek, and I dont want to upset Thundertoe. I also know that is some history with Presstab regarding truck. Can we get him to help us by endorsing Truckcoin? If we can get him to do 1 upgrade and put his name on it, truckcoin will fly. See Ratecoin. We need to make a plan. I can endorse truck on my site. I get 5000+ crypto visitors per week, and we can get on Cryptsy with HBN and Cap and Tek and promote Truck on Tek thread if Dev Thundertoe will allow. .... and Bio , I still think your awesome!!!

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
Lightsplasher

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 05:38:21 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2015, 04:04:43 AM by Lightsplasher

completely agreed. also would you be willing to help with the translation bounty that will bring more exposure to our coin?

I'm willing to help with the Greek translation bounty, I can't chip in much but pm me TRK, HBN, HYP, XMG, XQN address or a combination and I'll send a donation if and when things get done.  I'm very tired of watching the way big banks and politicians are dealing with the debt crisis.  At least there is no mortgage attached to TRK investment.  Wink  (I'll be out travelling for the next few weeks though so it may take some time for payment)
dennislevy

Activity: 300

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 11:05:04 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2015, 11:20:01 PM by dennislevy

Yes I do remember giving you a hard time for changing the POS. I do apologize. I was wrong.After many more months experience in crypto, I see that money supply is VERY important, and that it must be in check. I understand now your reasons for the change. So, if you have no plans to implament master nodes, or reduce coin supply, or do a makeover on the wallet, what are your ideas? Truck is already on Bittrex, in my mind the best exchange to be on.

Vegas

Should I believe my eyes? Vegas admitting he was wrong? Noooo! that cannot be right! Just giving you a hard time.
Glad to see you can admit once in a while you might have been wrong. noise23, I voted for the 50-200% variable.
Also, I do not think inflation is out of control, maybe a little tweak would be good. Maybe talk to some of the TekHeads,
and find out how they got listed at Cryptsy. Maybe, presstab has some suggestions too. Just some plain spreading the word about TRK
could not hurt. Maybe a faucet, to get to new coin holders involved? I would donate a 100k towards some kind of giveaway.
Maybe a mystery donations to new TRK wallets, or even a raffle of some kind? Anyone else have any ideas?

Peace, Dennis

dennislevy

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 11:50:06 PM

It was just a few months ago, that TRK was down to about 40+ satoshi and getting threatened with delisting by Bittrex.
Now it has been up around 190 satoshi, that is a 400% increase, is it not Vegas? Cannot be sure where it is currently,
since wallet and market is currently disabled at Bittrex. By the way Rate coin only shot up a 100% after fork.
Vegas, you should start your own coin with all of your parameters! Instead of telling devs, how they should run their coins!
Then you can brag and tell all of them, they should have listened to you  Grin  Sorry, I'm BAD!  Cheesy
In all kidding a side, your idea of more community involvement to get noticed on BitCoinTalk board is a good suggestion!
Come up with some more ideas on how we should promote TRK. Twitter might be a good place to start, maybe Facebook too.
Not sure if Bittrex has a troll box, never really checked it out. C-cex has a good troll box, maybe even get listed there.
But, would need daily volume of .2 BTC. Cryptsy wouuld still be the better choice, to get listed at. As low volume does not
currently seem to be an issue there.

Peace, Dennis

vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 01:15:30 AM
Last edit: July 26, 2015, 01:30:18 AM by vegasguy

Ya, these are just ideas, thats all it is. At the end of the day, dev gets to make final decision. Im ok with that. Maybe Noise likes some of my suggestions , maybe none. Thats ok. Just trying to support the coin. For the record there have only been 2 devs Ive been agressive towards. 1 was Noise, and I made a mistake and appologised. The other dev , well most of you know who it is, I hate with a passion, and many others do too. For the most part I get along with pretty much everyone in crypto, and I go out of my way to support good solid honest devs anyway I can. Im man enough to admit when ive made a mistake and offer a sincere apology.

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
Coinmin

Activity: 483

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 03:32:27 AM

Ya, these are just ideas, thats all it is. At the end of the day, dev gets to make final decision. Im ok with that. Maybe Noise likes some of my suggestions , maybe none. Thats ok. Just trying to support the coin. For the record there have only been 2 devs Ive been agressive towards. 1 was Noise, and I made a mistake and appologised. The other dev , well most of you know who it is, I hate with a passion, and many others do too. For the most part I get along with pretty much everyone in crypto, and I go out of my way to support good solid honest devs anyway I can. Im man enough to admit when ive made a mistake and offer a sincere apology.

Vegas

Well said! Thank you for the support Noise23 as a solid dev. Not every man can admit his mistakes. I really appreciate this.
I voted for the 50-200% variable.
vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 03:26:21 PM

Well keeping this thread active and at the top of the altcoim/announcements has made a massive difference. Greece is also looking for safe places to store their money. Thanks for the greek translation. Truck is doing amazing on Bittrex today. Lets keep this thread active guys!! I will be buying more Truck as I have ALWAYS held truck since nearly the beginning. When you buy, it raises attention to other investors.

Lightsplasher

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 03:32:33 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1135310.new#new the greek trk translation is here. anyone that wants to send me a bounty for my work please contact me via pm.

Thank you much for your work!  I might of bumped Bittrex a bit raising your bounty.  Cheesy Wink
Enema

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 05:26:50 PM

Are we not forgetting something ?
TRK does have inflations control !
It is the same as HYP if I am not mistaken, capping + diff + max. blocks/day.
Have a look at HYP block explorer and tell me if it does not work great.

So what are the benefits to switch to a different inflation control like TEK has ?

The greatest flaw in proposed control like TEK (and maybe HYP too) is that it gives full control to just a few big holders to dictate interest rate to whatever they like.
The impact of it can be clearly seen with TEK.

Why not using coin supply to adjust interest rate ?
That's how it is done in the real world, current network load or diff does not makes much sense in that way.
It would give a few big holders no opportunity to control the interest rate.
Also it would give a smooth and steady adjustment of interest rate.
It would remove rapid/strong fluctuations, if you look at the graphs on HYP explorer there is a lot of noise on the base line besides from some bigger fluctuations.
( noise = fluctuation of network diff not to be confused with noise23 )

Enema

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 05:30:39 PM

Well keeping this thread active and at the top of the altcoim/announcements has made a massive difference. Greece is also looking for safe places to store their money. Thanks for the greek translation. Truck is doing amazing on Bittrex today. Lets keep this thread active guys!! I will be buying more Truck as I have ALWAYS held truck since nearly the beginning. When you buy, it raises attention to other investors.

I think promotion and positive attention will have more impact then technical features.
Traders mostly only care about volume and dynamics and don't care at all about whatever features or tech stuff is included in the package.

In line with this :
Price as always is a matter of supply and demand.

Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 06:22:25 PM

I've really not weighed in on this with an opinion, just some general comments. So, now I am.

First, fixed interest with a cap works great, look at TRK's descendant, HYP. Also, on a high POS coin with unlimited or near unlimited supply going forward, over time the price per unit SHOULD drop, but the inflation should offset this. It also gives people great and small the incentive to SAVE and have that investment working for them. yes, HYP is worth ~300 sats, but with the production from a moderate stash, that is still quite profitable. Vegas, i think you are focused too narrowly on the per-unit price rather than the overall production.

OTOH, a NVCS style inflation control, such as TEK, also works well. Stated invflation of TEK is 500% APR. In reality it's quite a bit less than that overall because most holders are not withholding their staking opportunities to find that sweet spot in the difficulty. Those that are, are well rewarded individually, but have little overall impact on actual production. Both systems work quite well.

Proof of Stake coins have two inflation control mechanisms. One is the mechanics of the coin, HYP/TRK style or NVCS. The other is that "mining" is based on the size of your wallet. This inherent mitigation tends to attract users who are NOT going to dump, but simply take a bit of profit from time to time, and this keeps the prices relatively stable once the market determines what stable should be. Given the timeframes, I think most have done pretty well except for complete gimmicks like snoballs.

My opinion is the mechanics of TRK should remain as they are, and promotion be the focus.
dennislevy

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 09:14:58 PM

I agree with you, Biomech!

Promotion and marketing, should be our main focus! Let's get some ideas out here on how we can market and promote TRK.
We need to create a buzz, to get more investors, aka wallet holders. I will bet most alt coin users have not heard of our wonderful coin!
We need to build our community base up. More people getting involved, creates more buzz and ideas. Coin price is stable, has good ROI
My coins mint/stake like clockwork. I am a Truckillionaire, bought half a million last year at 43 satoshi. Have 1.4 mil, now, not a bad ROI,
over the past year. Sold some of my stakes every so often, to lower my initial investment costs. Hard to get them kind of returns in the
real financial world. Alt coins are my retirement income. Definitely do not trust banks and brokers! If you let them get their hands on your
money, it surely will disappear! Does Trk have a #tag for TRK? A tweet every now and then could generate some curiousness. Maybe a
FaceBook altcoin group. Millions of visitors everyday at those media sites.  Grin   I think it would be a couple  of good places to start
generating some buzz. If we could get this to go viral, then we would all be real happy!  Cheesy  I am sure some of us have Twitter and FaceBook
accounts. So let's start rocking and rolling!

Peace, Dennis

sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 10:55:51 PM

Well i just donated to Noise's promotion fund Everyone feel free to do the same Wink

Also Good Idea's on How to Promote TRK are needed feel free to share those as well Smiley

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
Coinmin

Activity: 483

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 11:50:48 PM

Well I think it's proper time to buy before the rocket launch. I will support promotion fund too.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »
  Print  

Jump to: