April 24, 2024, 07:36:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: .
. - 0 (0%)
. - 3 (100%)
Total Voters: 3

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][TRK] ★ Truckcoin ★ Pure PoS up to 200% per year ★ Cryptopia  (Read 141210 times)
vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 05:08:52 AM

Well..Ill be keeping mine locked until I see it get to 200%. Right now its at 53%. Looks like a big cat and mouse game for the next few weeks until this gets fixed. I still don t understand why this needed changing, it was flawless for months.

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lightsplasher

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 06:42:21 AM

Well..Ill be keeping mine locked until I see it get to 200%. Right now its at 53%. Looks like a big cat and mouse game for the next few weeks until this gets fixed. I still don t understand why this needed changing, it was flawless for months.

Vegas

What am I thinking Huh  If mama ain't happy ain't nobody happy.  Your right lets all shut our wallets down and see what happens.  Cheesy

I would guess that this was an attempt at improving the price based on lowering the rate at which new coins were minted.  If this is not what the community wants we could at least play along long enough for the dev to make a change imho.

Merry Christmas, peace...  Smiley
popolite11

Activity: 882
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 06:52:29 AM

Vegas

That will be only known after few weeks.
vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 02:41:21 PM

Vegas

What am I thinking Huh  If mama ain't happy ain't nobody happy.  Your right lets all shut our wallets down and see what happens.  Cheesy

I would guess that this was an attempt at improving the price based on lowering the rate at which new coins were minted.  If this is not what the community wants we could at least play along long enough for the dev to make a change imho.

Merry Christmas, peace...  Smiley

Not really sure what your comment means. Im not locking my wallet as a sign of rebellion. I locked it so I wont be minting at 49% interest rate. Simple as that.

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
dickwhite

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 04:28:33 PM

This scheme would encourage people to combine all their coins into one huge block as everyone wants a higher pos reward, it's extremely unhealthy for coin network.
Basically, it would mean that every TRK holder has only 1 block that stakes every 9 days, so the daily number of the new blocks in the blockchain would be the number of TRK holders / 9.
Transaction confirmations will take forever, etc., coin will not survive on such a slow blockchain.
We need a good amount of pos blocks to move the blockchain as TRK has no pow part, actually that's the main reason max stake amount limit was implemented for.
Might be an interesting idea for a hybrid pos/pow coin but not suitable for pure pos.

I think a good compromise might be lowering max stake reward to, perhaps, 100 fixed @ 200%. Those who do the work, adjust their blocks accordingly, get max rewards. Those that don't mitigate inflation. Then there will be plenty of small blocks to move the chain.
vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 09:11:47 PM

Any word on  when a wallet fix will be released to return back to 200% pos? My wallet is locked because of double digit interest rates. So Im losing money daily. Noise plz advise.

Vegas

vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 12:09:52 AM
Last edit: December 22, 2014, 12:32:44 AM by vegasguy

Guys.. does ANYONE else care about what is going on here? There IS a reason im asking. Please speak up. Now IS the time.

So I just looked at Bittrex :0 Volume . This coin is dying, and it seems like everyone is asleep. Maybe you guys need a wake up call? Let me see if I can get your attention. We need VOLUME, and we need it to speak loud. If we dont start getting serious, we are going to find out the TRUE value of this coin. Frankly I dont give a shit about backlash and haters, Ill deal with you too.

Vegas

Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 12:51:57 AM

Guys.. does ANYONE else care about what is going on here? There IS a reason im asking. Please speak up. Now IS the time.

So I just looked at Bittrex :0 Volume . This coin is dying, and it seems like everyone is asleep. Maybe you guys need a wake up call? Let me see if I can get your attention. We need VOLUME, and we need it to speak loud. If we dont start getting serious, we are going to find out the TRUE value of this coin. Frankly I dont give a shit about backlash and haters, Ill deal with you too.

Vegas
I don't know enough to fix the code. I know some of it, but I'd probably break the wallet doing it. The rest of the wallet works quite well.
Interim fix, I suppose, would be to lock the minting at 200 percent. I think that's only one or two lines of code. But max subsidy and NVCS, I know nothing about them. I do kind of like the idea posted above at setting interest at 200 and max subsidy at 100 or even 200. That would require people to order their wallets properly or miss out on staking opportunities, and keep the chain moving. It would reward the diligent as well.

I'm willing to take a stab at it in about three days, if Noise doesn't get there first, but I would do so with the caveat that it will wreak havoc if I mess up, so if y'all want me to try, be wary and it might have to be rolled back. I've learned a lot over the last year, but I'm hardly a programmer.
vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 12:58:06 AM
Last edit: December 22, 2014, 01:46:44 AM by vegasguy

Lets see what Noise says. Something HAS to be done and FAST. I know you talk with the other devs, so if Noise does nothing , then Im sure you can get support from the other high pos devs to revert the wallet. Noise was made aware a few days ago that this needs to be changed back, and he did respond, but nothing has happend. All we need to do is go back to the previous wallet. Its as simple as that. I dont know how close you are with presstab or David Latapie, but THEY could fix this in about 2 minutes.

Noise: if you just dont care about this coin anymore, please be responsible and hand over everything to another dev who will be excited to work on it.

Another thing, is if volume stays at 0 like this, Bitrrex will remove truck. Truck is only on ONE exchange, if coin gets delisted it would be worthless.

Vegas

forbesmining

Activity: 297

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 01:35:55 AM

^^^^  +1   ^^^^

tevasu

Activity: 213

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 03:11:00 AM

Lets see what Noise says. Something HAS to be done and FAST. I know you talk with the other devs, so if Noise does nothing , then Im sure you can get support from the other high pos devs to revert the wallet. Noise was made aware a few days ago that this needs to be changed back, and he did respond, but nothing has happend. All we need to do is go back to the previous wallet. Its as simple as that. I dont know how close you are with presstab or David Latapie, but THEY could fix this in about 2 minutes.

Noise: if you just dont care about this coin anymore, please be responsible and hand over everything to another dev who will be excited to work on it.

Another thing, is if volume stays at 0 like this, Bitrrex will remove truck. Truck is only on ONE exchange, if coin gets delisted it would be worthless.

Vegas

Vegas, I hear you and am with you regarding getting the wallet returned to its original status. I spent a lot of time restructuring over 700 thousand coins into 4000 stake size blocks. Noise I think has heard you/us but wasn't going to make a change until january 2015. In light of the low or no volume on Bittrex its imperative that no more momentum is lost and Noise make the change back asap. Noise23 can you weigh in please.
vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 04:38:33 AM

Vegas

Vegas, I hear you and am with you regarding getting the wallet returned to its original status. I spent a lot of time restructuring over 700 thousand coins into 4000 stake size blocks. Noise I think has heard you/us but wasn't going to make a change until january 2015. In light of the low or no volume on Bittrex its imperative that no more momentum is lost and Noise make the change back asap. Noise23 can you weigh in please.

LOL. January?!?! This coin wont be around then. The ass has fallen out , because dev will not answer. I told him days ago , he needs to address this...like.. now! This is were we sit right now:

Can you hear me now?

liteuser

Activity: 145

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 12:31:50 PM
Last edit: December 22, 2014, 12:59:13 PM by liteuser

LOL. January?!?! This coin wont be around then. The ass has fallen out , because dev will not answer. I told him days ago , he needs to address this...like.. now! This is were we sit right now:

A hardfork cannot be done without thinking. Changing the code is not the problem. Coordinating things so everyone knows it and the exchange/s make the change, that needs time.

EDIT:

NVCS has been working in other coins without issues: NVC, HBN. I don't think it is a bad think. On the contrary, it is good for the health of the blockchain. Just stake when the difficulty is low.

BTW, I doubt that the decrease of the interest rate from 200% to 100% has that much influence on the prize. Also, if you move back to a constant 200%, do you really think that the coin value will suddenly grow? Some months ago (August, September) the coin was valued like now: 100 to 300 satoshis (and the volume was similar to now).

What could be changed are the NVCS parameters so when it hits the interest decrease is smoother. A possible idea is to fine tune their values so the decrease from 200% is smaller.

BTC: 13GtfEPpEiq6jGCFJGCXAUVDehCFVvTaov
http://www.vultr.com/?ref=6838137
noise23 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 967
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 01:19:48 PM

Any word on  when a wallet fix will be released to return back to 200% pos? My wallet is locked because of double digit interest rates. So Im losing money daily. Noise plz advise.

Vegas
New wallet will be released this week. It will switch TRK PoS rate back to flat 200% in January/2015 (probably on Jan/10, exact date will be announced with wallet release).
noise23 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 967
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 01:26:51 PM
Last edit: December 22, 2014, 03:47:30 PM by noise23

A hardfork cannot be done without thinking. Changing the code is not the problem. Coordinating things so everyone knows it and the exchange/s make the change, that needs time.
Exactly!

NVCS has been working in other coins without issues: NVC, HBN. I don't think it is a bad think. On the contrary, it is good for the health of the blockchain. Just stake when the difficulty is low.

BTW, I doubt that the decrease of the interest rate from 200% to 100% has that much influence on the prize. Also, if you move back to a constant 200%, do you really think that the coin value will suddenly grow? Some months ago (August, September) the coin was valued like now: 100 to 300 satoshis (and the volume was similar to now).

What could be changed are the NVCS parameters so when it hits the interest decrease is smoother. A possible idea is to fine tune their values so the decrease from 200% is smaller.
Yes, first I thought of fine-tuning NVCS parameters to get PoS rate floating somewhere in 120-200% range but there is so much fud here so decided to revert it back to flat 200.
forbesmining

Activity: 297

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 03:56:04 PM

"There is so much FUD here," that's rich. If by FUD you mean someone telling you you "fixed" something that wasn't broken, then yes.
All I know is, my investment in this coin has gone to shite, and getting around to a fix in 3 weeks or so probably puts the last nails in the coffin. Investors who express displeasure at seeing their investment destroyed are not purveyors of FUD.

rel-oad

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 04:42:29 PM

I don't understand what happened here... developer halved the POS rate and told no one?
vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 04:55:32 PM

halved!?!?  NO more like 1/4. It was 200% , and now the average is 50% - 55%. Dev says wallet will be released this week, and then we have to wait for exchanges to update.

vegas

liteuser

Activity: 145

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 05:20:38 PM

I don't understand what happened here... developer halved the POS rate and told no one?

Well, he told (NVC emphasis mine) almost a month in advance:

Truckcoin wallet v0.9.7.1 released - a mandatory update!

New features:

# On Thursday, 18 Dec 2014 20:23:23 GMT a hard fork will occur:
    - PoS reward limit per block will be set to 200 TRK.
    - NVC inflation control will be enabled.
    - All clients below v.0.9.7 will be disconnected.
# Block money supply info added to block explorer
# -wallet option to specify wallet file - can be used as startup parameter -wallet=yourwalletfile.dat
# Total amount field added to overview page.
# HYP network interference fix.
# Unlock wallet option added to Wallet menu.
# -splitthreshold option - staking engine will not split blocks with size below splitthreshold amount. default 30 , max. 300
    Can be used as command line option or setting in .conf file or can be set in Qt wallet gui in Settings > Options > Main
# -staking option to disable minting: staking=0 will disable pos minting.

I think the reason for the change is that noise is also working on TEK, where everybody is happy with NVCS, including some people disagreeing here.

Initially nobody complained, except for someone having problems syncing after the hardfork, until 10 days later or so, when they realized that NVC inflaction control means that the rate decreases.

After the hardfork the rate depends on the current difficulty following an algorithm developed first for Novacoin (hence the name) and right now it is 50% or so (type getmininginfo in the console and see "stakeinterest") instead of having a constant 200%.

BTC: 13GtfEPpEiq6jGCFJGCXAUVDehCFVvTaov
http://www.vultr.com/?ref=6838137
tevasu

Activity: 213

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 06:18:37 PM

This coin should be left alone (after 200 % is restored)
Let truck run like a wild horse, trot, or pause at the feed bag.
Let the numbers inflate.
Let new and old buyers watch their wallets grow(what a fun thing to watch and the biggest of all buying stimulus)
Buyers will continue to come.
Forget the math and the technocrats.
Inflation and value are relative and connected firmly to charisma, word of mouth, online marketing and ultimately useability in the market place. Look at xrp with its 31 billion premine!
The price will slowly grow but the sweet thing with truck is that any price that stabilizes will
eventually work to produce a very substantial wealth fulcrum.
My suggestion: Its time to start buying in again!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »
  Print  

Jump to: