Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:10:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 102 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SHUTTING DOWN] [DiceBitco.in | BE THE BANK ! | 1% House Edge]  (Read 102241 times)
Stars

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:23:46 AM

When people cash-out 2-10 BTC, how long does it take for the coins to show up in their own wallet?

In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jungian
Legendary

Activity: 930
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:37:10 AM

When people cash-out 2-10 BTC, how long does it take for the coins to show up in their own wallet?

Depends on the network. The average time is 10 minutes per block.

I think Monero (XMR) is very interesting.
https://moneroeconomy.com/faq/why-monero-matters
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 08:38:22 AM

~1s

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Josepht

Activity: 1008
Merit: 515

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 08:40:13 AM

~1s
That's a little too optimistic. Last week I cashed out 3 BTC. It took 15 seconds to appear in the blockchain.
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 08:45:21 AM

~1s
That's a little too optimistic. Last week I cashed out 3 BTC. It took 15 seconds to appear in the blockchain.

But he asked "how long does it take for the coins to show up in their own wallet", not to confirm on the chain.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Josepht

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 08:51:53 AM

~1s

But he asked "how long does it take for the coins to show up in their own wallet", not to confirm on the chain.
I didn't mean confirm. To show up in the blockchain = to appear in my wallet.
marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 09:38:43 AM

~1s

Then dooglus was right. Approx. 1s
Josepht

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 09:41:35 AM

~1s

Then dooglus was right. Approx. 1s
I don't agree. Usually when I make a transaction to my own wallet (QT), I get a notification within a second.
Last week I got a notification after 15 seconds.
DiceBitcoin (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 10:22:42 AM

what dooglus means is that we proceed withdrawals instantly Smiley thus the ~1sec

DiceBitco.in| Be The Bank | Dice as it should be !
Shogen
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 10:29:25 AM

I don't agree. Usually when I make a transaction to my own wallet (QT), I get a notification within a second.
Last week I got a notification after 15 seconds.

IMO, 1 second or 15 seconds isn't a problem.
The big point is that Dicebitco.in handles our withdrawal requests instantly and automatically. Wink

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 02:24:22 PM

Hi OP,

It looks like there is some security problem with the site. Today i visited the URL and it had logged me into a different account which had set the password off and also set the 2FA off. Whenever i clicked logout, it would login with a different account. Not sure what the issue is, but i think there is some security risk involved. Worst of all is, i was unable to get into my legit account. Not sure what is going on!

If you open the site without logging in it will generate a new user account, without password or 2FA. It looks like that's what happened, so that part is normal.

What exactly is the problem with your legit account?

Hi Suchmoon,

Thanks for the reply, yup i kinda figured that out now. It opens a new account with a random user name. I thought i was logging in to some legit user accounts because they had not setup a password! Can't blame me for being paranoid about the security!

I tried logging into my legit account and was able to get through on the 5th or 6th attempt, which was quite surprising as i was using the same password and 2FA on all attempts! Anyways, all is good now, save for the fact that my investment is taking a beating Sad.
Wish there was a way i could control that! Grin

You can deposit 20 BTC and gamble them away, this would certainly help the investment  Grin
propjavan

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 02:36:22 PM

I would like to ask DiceBitcoin, which jurisdiction are the site subject to? I'm concerned because as an investor, what's preventing you to pull a JD and just suddenly stop operations, or even worse, being raided by the police for illegal activities and all bitcoins seized? Can you go into depth as to what procedures you have in place to ensure all coins are safe?

I was invested in JD during the final months it was running. I didn't often check my JD account nor the latest bitcoin news. When Canada regulations for bitcoin changed and dooglus/Deb decided to stop the JD site, I was extremely pleased to see how professionally they dealt with it. I was able to withdraw my coins without any problems even a few days after the official "dice gambling stop". The acted in a timely manner and by doing so they protected themselves and us investors from a possibly big bitcoin loss. Dooglus and Deb gained a lot of my trust and so I wonder whether Dicebitco.in will do the same, if they would ever get confronted with similar regulatory matters?

Tl;Dr:
-From which country/territory is this dice site run?
-What is the plan if bitcoin legislation changes over there and how can the investors be timely safeguarded from a seize of the bank roll by 'da police'?
-kudos to dooglus and deb!
cdnbcguy

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 03:44:58 PM

I would like to ask DiceBitcoin, which jurisdiction are the site subject to? I'm concerned because as an investor, what's preventing you to pull a JD and just suddenly stop operations, or even worse, being raided by the police for illegal activities and all bitcoins seized? Can you go into depth as to what procedures you have in place to ensure all coins are safe?

I was invested in JD during the final months it was running. I didn't often check my JD account nor the latest bitcoin news. When Canada regulations for bitcoin changed and dooglus/Deb decided to stop the JD site, I was extremely pleased to see how professionally they dealt with it. I was able to withdraw my coins without any problems even a few days after the official "dice gambling stop". The acted in a timely manner and by doing so they protected themselves and us investors from a possibly big bitcoin loss. Dooglus and Deb gained a lot of my trust and so I wonder whether Dicebitco.in will do the same, if they would ever get confronted with similar regulatory matters?

Tl;Dr:
-From which country/territory is this dice site run?
-What is the plan if bitcoin legislation changes over there and how can the investors be timely safeguarded from a seize of the bank roll by 'da police'?
-kudos to dooglus and deb!

This. Dooglus became an instant BTC Saintly Legend just by not being a crook.

Annona ad! Please keep in mind that there is nothing wrong with Bitcoin itself. All it's scandals are caused by wonky websites and sleazy people exploiting it. The light attracts bugs.

When all this bullshit drys up and blows away, Bitcoin will be stronger than ever.
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 04:02:01 PM

I wonder whether Dicebitco.in will do the same, if they would ever get confronted with similar regulatory matters?

I get the impression that dicebitco.in's position on this is "you don't know where we are; fuck da police; come at me bro".

But they don't want to explicitly state that, and so ignore any questions in that direction.

I feel it was a mistake for me to be so open about my location while running JD due to threat of theft from uniformed and civilian thugs.

It's probably safer all things considered that we don't know where the DB folk are located; being able to track the owners down is a double-edge sword - you can find them if they steal your investment, but a thief can find them *to* steal your investment.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Jungian
Legendary

Activity: 930
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 04:17:59 PM

They have already said where the servers are located. But that was maybe a one time mistake, so I'm not going to repeat it.

I think Monero (XMR) is very interesting.
https://moneroeconomy.com/faq/why-monero-matters
DiceBitcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 05:01:03 PM

It would be great if we could be open about our'real location'. However, thats a huge risk, and by risk we dont mean simply financial one but a possible life threating one(aka we get pancaked, kudos to Ruru for that expression! :p). We could come up with a nice'fake name' or even stolen passport/ID. That could'comfort'maybe some people, but the point remains the same. You cant really know, and it cannot be proven that those'details' are true or not. So we prefer to be blatantly honest and simply say'sorry, but if its life threatening for us and possibly damaging to investors(funds stolen) its better to leave things as is. As said in previous posts, we will announce very some more'security enhancements' for sites' wallet-funds. But as for our IDs, im afraid that will not be possible(except if maybe we meet dooglus in person?:p)

Geegeegee

Activity: 9

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:54:58 PM

Not sure if this has been suggested before, but the bets should have a timestamp, or like x minutes ago.

Also you should have a filter for the high bets tab imo.
DiceBitcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 08:05:48 PM

Not sure if this has been suggested before, but the bets should have a timestamp, or like x minutes ago.

yes it is already placed in our to-do list and will be implemented very soon )

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 03:18:43 AM

Ha, finally I was able to time my investment just before site went up by ~6 BTC. Now obviously I'm gonna screw up my divestment...
sionobien

Activity: 4

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 04:10:21 AM

yes it is already placed in our to-do list and will be implemented very soon )

dicebitcoin
can u add this function "https://just-dice.com/wagered.txt"
thanks
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 102 »
  Print  

Jump to: