Bitcoin Forum
August 08, 2024, 09:21:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Chase Bank Closes Bitcoin related accounts  (Read 13410 times)
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 04:17:43 AM

Alright, I now know what I should start doing.

Aim to get a banking license, and create a BTC-friendly bank.

Wait, the NSA logged my IP for saying that...

Darn.

Cheaper to buy a small struggling bank.  
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 04:59:33 AM

I have Chase only as the servicer of my mortgage. Many banks won't say anything about BTC transactions if you maintain a decent balance there
CompNsci

Activity: 332
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 09:29:52 PM

Chase also just refused an international wire transfer to BTC-e, claiming that "the government didn't allow it". I'm closing my accounts with them.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 4630

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 09:39:46 PM

Chase also just refused an international wire transfer to BTC-e, claiming that "the government didn't allow it". I'm closing my accounts with them.

many exchanges are getting hit hard by regulations. i have stopped watching exchange price values ages ago as the volumes are so low that they should no longer be used to judge market cap value.

BTC-E use to trade over 100k volume per day last year, now its settles at an average 15k-20k, with hardly any actual bank movements, mostly day trading.

its not just chase bank, so it might be worth looking for other banks and also other methods to also buy-in

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
scarsbergholden

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 02:19:55 AM

many exchanges are getting hit hard by regulations. i have stopped watching exchange price values ages ago as the volumes are so low that they should no longer be used to judge market cap value.

BTC-E use to trade over 100k volume per day last year, now its settles at an average 15k-20k, with hardly any actual bank movements, mostly day trading.

its not just chase bank, so it might be worth looking for other banks and also other methods to also buy-in
The DOJ has been trying to shut down legal bitcon (as well as gun dealers and payday lending companies) companies that are operating within the law but are not doing things that the Obama administration "likes"

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 4630

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 02:55:45 AM

The DOJ has been trying to shut down legal bitcon (as well as gun dealers and payday lending companies) companies that are operating within the law but are not doing things that the Obama administration "likes"

i think its more about the fact that dollars are ending up in bank accounts in the british virgin islands and not in the "big 5" banks. (thats my personal belief).
bitcoin itself is not a problem for the world in regards to 'justice'/crimes or terrorism. but when people are sending funds to non US banks, they dont like it much.

the most stupidest think though is that these banks don't realize that the dollars eventually come back (when people cash out). thus its just like buying a bunch of banana's after visiting an ATM. one person hands dollars to someone else, but eventually those dollars end up in a bank account.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
faceplantz

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 03:04:34 AM

Oh no.. Another bank issue about bitcoin.  Sad How can we reach total bitcoin adoption if these banks will not cooperate.
Argwai96
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Thug for life!

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 10:38:09 PM

i think its more about the fact that dollars are ending up in bank accounts in the british virgin islands and not in the "big 5" banks. (thats my personal belief).
bitcoin itself is not a problem for the world in regards to 'justice'/crimes or terrorism. but when people are sending funds to non US banks, they dont like it much.

the most stupidest think though is that these banks don't realize that the dollars eventually come back (when people cash out). thus its just like buying a bunch of banana's after visiting an ATM. one person hands dollars to someone else, but eventually those dollars end up in a bank account.
The DOJ does not care about where the money ends up. What they care about is the fact that businesses are operating businesses that do not fit with President Obama's political beliefs. They do not like bitcoin because bitcoin allows for people to buy things the Obama administration frowns on (but is still legal) with ease. The DOJ is essentially changing the law without going through congress
Chronos Slayer

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 01:46:03 AM

I doing banking with chase for long time, and using my account to buy/sell no problem so far.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: