Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 10:01:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you eat this?  (Read 2821 times)
slurpy

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:23:46 PM

Don't eat it. It will kill you.
sana8410

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:49:06 PM

I would have eaten that in my younger days, probably two of them at a time, when it seemed nothing affected me.  I ate like a horse just to keep from wasting away; I must have had the metabolism of a humming bird.   But that was before I thought of the health consequences of eating bad foods, you know, when you think you are invincible.  Now, it just looks disgusting and I can feel my arteries clogging just looking at the picture.  LOL     
Never had that luxury .  We who have struggled our whole lives with metabolisms better suited to life in areas where there's frequent famine, who can gain weight merely by gazing at images such as the OP hate you. ;-)

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:51:26 PM

I would have eaten that in my younger days, probably two of them at a time, when it seemed nothing affected me.  I ate like a horse just to keep from wasting away; I must have had the metabolism of a humming bird.   But that was before I thought of the health consequences of eating bad foods, you know, when you think you are invincible.  Now, it just looks disgusting and I can feel my arteries clogging just looking at the picture.  LOL     
Never had that luxury .  We who have struggled our whole lives with metabolisms better suited to life in areas where there's frequent famine, who can gain weight merely by gazing at images such as the OP hate you. ;-)
I heard that same sentiment from friends who didn't have the same metabolism.  The difference is that I actually had sympathy for them and in some weird way, thought I had an affinity with them, that I now know I couldn't possibly have had.   

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
sana8410

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:52:56 PM

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/07/30/donut-cheesesteak-burger-debuts/20939129/?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000058

Donut cheesesteak burger debuts:

A local Philadelphia burger joint called 'PYT' has debuted what looks like a heart attack on a plate: The
Donut Cheesesteak Burger. PYT is no stranger to strange and quirky burgers such as the 'Doh! Nut' to the 'Firebird Chicken Sriracha, and the owner said he really thinks this one will be a hit.
 Its all rather unbelievable! I would be sick for a week if I even tried to eat anything on their menu. http://pytburger.com/
but would you eat this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxQmOR_QLfQ

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
noviapriani (OP)

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 04:03:41 PM

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/07/30/donut-cheesesteak-burger-debuts/20939129/?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000058

Donut cheesesteak burger debuts:

A local Philadelphia burger joint called 'PYT' has debuted what looks like a heart attack on a plate: The
Donut Cheesesteak Burger. PYT is no stranger to strange and quirky burgers such as the 'Doh! Nut' to the 'Firebird Chicken Sriracha, and the owner said he really thinks this one will be a hit.
 Its all rather unbelievable! I would be sick for a week if I even tried to eat anything on their menu. http://pytburger.com/
but would you eat this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxQmOR_QLfQ
I could not eat a still living, wriggling thing no way no how.  Ate lots of pulpa (octopus) in Galicia but it was long past able to move, and delectably prepared. Grinning while chomping on live squid, its tentacles visible and wriggling vigorously. Quite a visual

sana8410

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 04:05:45 PM

Some restaurants around here serve live shrimp, recall a restaurant critic describing experience as somehow spiritual, that is, he felt the life leave the creature to be ingested and used to sustain his.  There's a movement among the farm to table foodies advocating carnivores to witness or even take part in slaughter and dressing of animal they eat, the idea being to be fully conscious of, and honor the life involved in the deal.  This awareness not possible if all meat consumed is bought in shrink wrapped packaging.  

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 04:09:28 PM

Nope - I can be picky with food, and that pic grosses me out a bit.It was not till after college that I even ate pizza.
I am the opposite. I will try, and have enjoyed for the most part...all foods. Absolute favorite is Korean...then Mexican then Italian. I can eat Kimchee like there's no tomorrow.

But Fast Food burgers...absolutely no way. Watch Fast Food Nation and you won't either.
Would I eat that mess?  Not on a bet!  I really do not know where to begin in describing how disgusting that garbage is.  I guess one must begin with the glazed donuts serving as a bun, followed by the faux cheese product (most likely cheez whiz out of a jar).  And that meat?  Good Gawd what is it?  Looks vaguely like canned dog food.  I'll just be kind and refer to it as mystery meat.  I grew up on a cuisine that was heavy on the sea food and was a strange mixture of Italian, Slovene, and German cooking.  But even at its weirdest, nothing compared to this concoction.
sana8410

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 04:14:41 PM

Nope - I can be picky with food, and that pic grosses me out a bit.It was not till after college that I even ate pizza.
I am the opposite. I will try, and have enjoyed for the most part...all foods. Absolute favorite is Korean...then Mexican then Italian. I can eat Kimchee like there's no tomorrow.

But Fast Food burgers...absolutely no way. Watch Fast Food Nation and you won't either.
Would I eat that mess?  Not on a bet!  I really do not know where to begin in describing how disgusting that garbage is.  I guess one must begin with the glazed donuts serving as a bun, followed by the faux cheese product (most likely cheez whiz out of a jar).  And that meat?  Good Gawd what is it?  Looks vaguely like canned dog food.  I'll just be kind and refer to it as mystery meat.  I grew up on a cuisine that was heavy on the sea food and was a strange mixture of Italian, Slovene, and German cooking.  But even at its weirdest, nothing compared to this concoction.
It does not appeal to me at all.

In fact, most of the new upscale burgers with all sorts of unappealing substances crammed between the bun halves also do not appeal to me. I like the classic cheeseburger, with the classic pickles, tomato slices, lettuce, and onions. I prefer that it be made using the more inexpensive grade of ground chuck with the higher fat content for flavor and juiciness. The high priced stuff with nearly no fat is dry and tasteless IMHO.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
noviapriani (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 04:22:13 PM

Speaking of writhing, living 'meat,' how about Casu Marzu?  Sardinian (and Corsican) cheese that's processed with fly larvae, whose intestinal juices produce a unique flavor in the fermentation process.  When disturbed -- as they naturally would be when cheese is being eaten -- they can launch themselves several inches.  Buon appetito. 
Casu marzu is considered to be unsafe to eat by Sardinian aficionados when the maggots in the cheese have died. Because of this, only cheese in which the maggots are still alive is usually eaten, although allowances are made for cheese that has been refrigerated, which can kill the maggots. When the cheese has fermented enough, it is often cut into thin strips and spread on moistened Sardinian flatbread (pane carasau), to be served with a strong red wine. Casu marzu is believed to be an aphrodisiac by Sardinians.Because the larvae in the cheese can launch themselves for distances up to 15 centimetres (6 in) when disturbed, diners hold their hands above the sandwich to prevent the maggots from leaping. Some who eat the cheese prefer not to ingest the maggots. Those who do not wish to do so place the cheese in a sealed paper bag. The maggots, starved for oxygen, writhe and jump in the bag, creating a "pitter-patter" sound. When the sounds subside, the maggots are dead and the cheese can be eaten.

umair127

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 04:25:39 PM

Speaking of writhing, living 'meat,' how about Casu Marzu?  Sardinian (and Corsican) cheese that's processed with fly larvae, whose intestinal juices produce a unique flavor in the fermentation process.  When disturbed -- as they naturally would be when cheese is being eaten -- they can launch themselves several inches.  Buon appetito. 
Casu marzu is considered to be unsafe to eat by Sardinian aficionados when the maggots in the cheese have died. Because of this, only cheese in which the maggots are still alive is usually eaten, although allowances are made for cheese that has been refrigerated, which can kill the maggots. When the cheese has fermented enough, it is often cut into thin strips and spread on moistened Sardinian flatbread (pane carasau), to be served with a strong red wine. Casu marzu is believed to be an aphrodisiac by Sardinians.Because the larvae in the cheese can launch themselves for distances up to 15 centimetres (6 in) when disturbed, diners hold their hands above the sandwich to prevent the maggots from leaping. Some who eat the cheese prefer not to ingest the maggots. Those who do not wish to do so place the cheese in a sealed paper bag. The maggots, starved for oxygen, writhe and jump in the bag, creating a "pitter-patter" sound. When the sounds subside, the maggots are dead and the cheese can be eaten.
Though it would have been worse had he tried the casu marzu, that sounds absolutely disgusting. "Waiter, a maggot just jumped into my eye..."

Anyone ever hear of Swedish "Surstomming"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iebNdCSqWmc

sana8410

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 04:33:23 PM

Though it would have been worse had he tried the casu marzu, that sounds absolutely disgusting. "Waiter, a maggot just jumped into my eye..."

Anyone ever hear of Swedish "Surstomming"?

They eat fermented fish in Norway also. Some military guys I was working with years ago were trying to get me to eat it...but I just couldn't get past the smell. Like cheese...I love cheese, except for Limburger. It smells like feet and there is no way I could even force myself unless huge money was involved (of course).

So...Surstomming?...no.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
lepirate

Activity: 541
Merit: 500

Garbochock

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:16:03 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2014, 08:06:51 PM by lepirate

Speaking of writhing, living 'meat,' how about Casu Marzu?  Sardinian (and Corsican) cheese that's processed with fly larvae, whose intestinal juices produce a unique flavor in the fermentation process.  When disturbed -- as they naturally would be when cheese is being eaten -- they can launch themselves several inches.  Buon appetito.  

Anyone ever hear of Swedish "Surstömming"?

Fixed that for you! Smiley

I myself ate Surströmming just last week. I've eaten it since I was like 6 or something. Once you get over the fact that it's fermented fish and that it smells, well, bad, it's really good. It's kinda salty.
Those guys on the video eats it completely wrong btw, the real way is to first remove the insides like with any fish, then you remove the flesh from the bones, put it on bread (Tunnbröd http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tunnbröd) with potatoes (preferably Almond Potato http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Almond_potato) and onions, place another slice of Tunnbröd on top, and then you just enjoy! Smiley
(Yup, I'm Swedish, I know this shit!)
luttelcoin

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 08:45:04 PM

To me it looks like a couple of farm animals have pushed their heads through a cheesy waterfall...
I don't get it, what is it supposed to be exactly?
johnathan32

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 10:33:38 AM

I just was in the middle food makes me sick!! .. Wow that rejects
Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 11:48:52 AM

Speaking of writhing, living 'meat,' how about Casu Marzu?  Sardinian (and Corsican) cheese that's processed with fly larvae, whose intestinal juices produce a unique flavor in the fermentation process.  When disturbed -- as they naturally would be when cheese is being eaten -- they can launch themselves several inches.  Buon appetito.  

Anyone ever hear of Swedish "Surstömming"?

Fixed that for you! Smiley

I myself ate Surströmming just last week. I've eaten it since I was like 6 or something. Once you get over the fact that it's fermented fish and that it smells, well, bad, it's really good. It's kinda salty.
Those guys on the video eats it completely wrong btw, the real way is to first remove the insides like with any fish, then you remove the flesh from the bones, put it on bread (Tunnbröd http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tunnbröd) with potatoes (preferably Almond Potato http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Almond_potato) and onions, place another slice of Tunnbröd on top, and then you just enjoy! Smiley
how exactly you prepare that fish?in what you fermented it?I am curious about it.....maybe I will visit Sweden some day soon and give it a try.
zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 11:53:30 AM

Here's another disgusting thing to eat......could you?

Bat Paste
First, net a bunch of flying mouse, fruit, or fox bats in a remote village.

Drop live into a pot of boiling water or milk.

Roast to desired doneness.

Chop and make into paste with Thai herbs and spices.

http://www.culinaryschools.org/cuisine/10-disgusting-delicacies/

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
lepirate

Garbochock

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 11:59:50 AM

how exactly you prepare that fish?in what you fermented it?I am curious about it.....maybe I will visit Sweden some day soon and give it a try.
How it's made?
They (the producers) put the herring in salt water, but just salt enough to prevent it from rotting. So instead it starts fermenting. After enough fermentation they put the now fermented fish in cans, and the fermentation process continues inside the can.

If you ever visit Sweden you have to try it - it's one of the few delicacies we have! Cheesy
sana8410

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 12:00:06 PM

Casu Marzu, a pecorino cheese and Sardinian specialty, surely wins among most disgusting cheeses of the world. The direct translation is “rotten cheese” and rightly so: blocks of otherwise beautiful Italian pecorino cheeses are purposely prepared to become the natural breeding grounds for nests of maggots—the natural harbingers of rot and putrefaction. As if pecorino wasn’t pungent enough…

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
noviapriani (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 12:10:42 PM

Bat Paste

Ah capitalism and the modern media. What a combination! Restaurants add such things to the menu these days to get on the internet, and sometimes even major news outlets, and it often works!

lepirate

Garbochock

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 12:16:19 PM

Bat Paste

Sound delicious! I'd totally eat it if it wasn't for the disease thing.
But, who knows, I'd probably try it anyway! Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: